Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

The newest FBI investigation means little to me as I voted today. And that new information will certainly not be "vetted" until after Nov.8. But should something break prior to Tuesday I'll use that opportunity to vote - again. 

I was asked - why the nose plugs? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richieb said:

The newest FBI investigation means little to me as I voted today. And that new information will certainly not be "vetted" until after Nov.8. But should something break prior to Tuesday I'll use that opportunity to vote - again.

I was asked - why the nose plugs?

It doesn't matter when the election is, the oath of office is months away from now!

• Like 1

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 8:18 PM, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:
On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 8:07 PM, CECAA850 said:

I whittled a race car out of a piece of balsa wood once when I was in cub scouts.

Mine's at the shop.... I'll take a pic of it tomorrow;) I think the trophy is there too......

Evening all...

So here's a pic of my little car that me and my dad made when I was in Cub Scouts. The trophy was for "best looking car"  My dad did most of the work on it. He let me paint it:P On the back of the my dad drilled three holes in it.... I asked him ...... what ya doing that for???? He said were going to fill the holes with lead...... It'll make it faster..... so we did that and filled the hole back over with wood putty..... we were just under the weight limit...

21 hours ago, mungkiman said:

The drill press allowed me to wire brush the wheel nails, which were "lubed" with powdered graphite.

We didn't have a drill press but we polished the nails and used powdered graphite also;)

Yea good times

MKP :-)

IMG_20161028_184154.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Evening all...

So here's a pic of my little car that me and my dad made when I was in Cub Scouts. The trophy was for "best looking car"  My dad did most of the work on it. He let me paint it:P On the back of the my dad drilled three holes in it.... I asked him ...... what ya doing that for???? He said were going to fill the holes with lead...... It'll make it faster..... so we did that and filled the hole back over with wood putty..... we were just under the weight limit...

We didn't have a drill press but we polished the nails and used powdered graphite also;)

Yea good times

MKP :-)

IMG_20161028_184154.jpg

Great looking car.  I built mine pretty much on my own.  It was pretty fugly and wasn't very fast.  I remember a time or two that it didn't make it down the track.  All the wheels weren't exactly pointing in the same direction and it would bind up.  Too much negative toe on both sides I would guess, thinking back.

• Like 3

Evening gang

Munching ginger cookies and chasing them with Folgers:emotion-44::emotion-44:

Busy week

Wife recovering just fine from her wrist surgery:mellow:

Been on the RV project all week.

A false wall/cabinet containing a recessed flat screen is the order of the week.

Just ordered up the TV this morning:emotion-21: 

Designing/Ordering up goodies at night, sometimes i remember, " i need a power Tool "

So i shop.......nothing.   weeks pass, then months, then i remember that certain item again, so i shop....

Bingo! found a killer deal, and sealed it.

P/U @ Noon Sunday, Told the wife "RoadTrip"!

Told her i found a power tool iv been wanting for 40 years. she did not bat an eye.

She did ask where exactly im going to place it, told her she will still have plenty of room to park her car:rolleyes: 

And untill that powertool is sitting here im not saying Chit as to what it is.

RV Antenna project coming along, stock ordered, looks like i will be firing up the Lathe.

13935154_1034832053278773_5418553347485706755_n.jpg

• Like 7