Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I've seen Monster wire INside many Klipsch speakers. I think that they used it back in the "don't ask don't tell" days.

It was a marketing thing.... Klipsch used some serious BS in some of their adds... find the vintage adds for Forte 2 or Chorus 2 when the crossover was attached to the binding post cup...

• Like 2

I think I've read somewhere that if you're Monster Wire is green or has other issues and can be identified as Monster , any Monster dealer should replace it. No idea if that'd still be true. YMMV

I loved Monster's displays. One layer of Monster wire around a spool. Many layers of 24 gauge or even smaller around a spool and one could switch from one to the other. Naturally the Monster sounded better.

Crossovers 101. What do you get boys and girls when you wrap a lot of wire around a hollow spool.

What is that called.

Yes. It's an inductor. Air core to be exact.

What does it do?

Yes. Keeps the highs outta ya woofers.

• Like 1

Seems like we broke up before they matured.

Been there, and they always said it was me.

I take all the blame for the break up. Just a stupid kid that did not know what he had till it was gone. Kind of reminds me of a song.

Thinking with the wrong Head.

Edited by Taz
  • Like 1

Many projects, and even more time, nothing but time.

It is a real bonus in life, this wonderfull acess to the world that Al Gore was so nice to instill upon the human race. i rely upon much research and then hone in on the deal(s) it has finely overtaken me. im looking at seven box's stacked on the bench and opened one in the last week.

beckmannsbakery.com, german bread is the bomb, cookies too. and yes that is the only box iv opened.

Planing the next vacation is proving interesting, keeping in mind for the last 40+ years we just threw things in the truck and took off.

Now planning has taken a turn, having nothing but time, it's interesting what you can find in the city's/towns your traveling to.

Im all Fkd up now, for the last two years EVERY trip was a Klipsch run. finely being dialed in the speaker arena, The wife is pretty happy no matter what, she has never cared

what we were fetchin, where they were located or who would get them when we got home. quite a lifestyle change when the ONLY reason your leaving town is to have a good time......im a newbi, i can see petting zoo's in my future.

End of Rant, Heavy Duggans pour in order.

• Like 2

Going to be a hot humid one today. Afternoon concert on the way to the beach....if its not rained out.

Haven't heard from ex lady friend since July the fourth. She still has my bicycle....so we will have to have that face to face eventually.

First night for dinner with a bunch of guys that meet for dinner once weekly. Mostly car guys, with trivia questions. Some guys from all the way back to elementary school. A different outing but fun.

Mark if you vacation out this way stop by and say hello to me and Jake!

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 2

Going to be a hot humid one today. Afternoon concert on the way to the beach....if its not rained out.

Haven't heard from ex lady friend since July the fourth. She still has my bicycle....so we will have to have that face to face eventually.

First night for dinner with a bunch of guys that meet for dinner once weekly. Mostly car guys, with trivia questions. Some guys from all the way back to elementary school. A different outing but fun.

Buy another bike, you will feel great about having another "Newer/Better model anyway.

Then call/email every week till she wants to get rid of it, simply reply, Not nesesary, bought a new one, and leave it at that.

If im ever traveling in a state/town where i know there is a forum member, i will be contacting that member for heads up on their local Pub, and we will take it from there.

However, im finding in retirement, if im going to fly somewhere, im going to do it myself, acording to yahoo, another plane went down with 110 people+ again.......

• Like 1

acording to yahoo, another plane went down with 110 people+ again.......

Yes this is scaring me as I just booked my second flight for this year, wish me luck. I am heading to Tarheels neck of the woods towards the end of August. I will have to look him up for a drink.

The weather has been awesome, I was able to get out in the garden yesterday and finish removing all the weeds and tie up the tomato plants. Next I will try some different cages for those, as they seem to get out of hand too quickly. I did manage to find some more cucumbers and ripen roman tomatoes. I was doing some research on a drip irrigation system to better water those. I might have to go to lowes this evening and pick some stuff up. We will see what I come up with.

• Like 1

• Moderators

There are also some battery operated timers which go at the faucet and you connect the hose or drip line to, which waters everyday for you, you set how long you want it to run. Some don't use batteries they run off the flow of the water, but there not good for drip because the low water flow throws off the timing and makes them run much longer.

Edited by dtel

• Moderators

OK everyone, probably will not be here for about 10-11 days starting in the AM. Just so you don't think I died, well I still could but it's not the plan. :lol:

Going off to the East Tennessee area for a little while just to make sure the mountains are still there, I think they are but you can't be to sure.

We are going in Minermark's NEW style of travel, ZERO plans except for taking some pic's and avoiding bears.

• Like 4

• Moderators

I think you should, make up something really good, I went to jail, been deported, abducted by a UFO, got too loaded to type or make sense, no wait they know that already.

• Like 2