Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good morning my friends!   :emotion-44:

Just making my weekend check in............I got way behind on reading your pages, and could not catch up this morning, so, diving in this last page....

Best successes on the new septic system Dave !,  I remember my folks buying our brand new home back in '66.....   We had such a high water table, the system was always in some kind of trouble..... finally after a few years of 'unpleasant' water coming up through the grass, they added a second leech field and that cured it for good.  Oh, and regular cleanouts  too.     As a kid, it was MY job to shovel out the cover and make things ready for the septic crew to come by and do their thing.....:ohmy:...........

Ok, TONIGHT is our big benefit concert for the local hospital...  I believe we sold 600+ seats at $75 - $65 per !!   Rehearsals for our band have been running for about four months now for 7 impersonators  !   Elton John, Stevie Nicks, Simon and Garfunkel, Elvis, Jimmy Buffet, Janis Joplin, Rod Stewart  and our own Neil Diamond.  I am fortunate to play with musicians that can faithfully produce the music behind this singers!  :emotion-21:    I will be the soul keyboardist this time around, as my fellow keyboardist has had a major job change and could not make the rehearsal schedule, so, I have my hands full, and playing piano for the first time in a number of the tunes !  (I don't do piano - that is always his forte)

Ok, coffee is up, breakfast cooking............have to be at the venue for 1pm for sound check and four hours of rehearsal with the singers BEFORE the 2.5 hour dinner show at 7pm. !    Tomorrow, I am going to be LAZY!  I ain't doin' a thing :lol:

Enjoy your day everyone, I will check in when I can...

...................Gary

• Like 7

Morning all...

Got a new coffee blend this morning...Accolades Coffee, It's good well keep this one.... the ones we don't like we have been given to The BOSS's sister.... But this ones OK got a good flavor not to strong...it says "award winning" on the bag:P.... better be good...

Well I must say I had a better week that the used car guy (Jerry). Monday Jerry pulls into the lot in a 13 Honda Accord. He's on the phone talking to someone, gets out of the car and leaves it in gear:o The Accord takes off...it hits a Ford Escape and takes off the rear bumper.... the Accord is heading for the road, Jerry gets in front of it and gets pined between the Accord and a Ford Explorer. Luckily he gets out and was able to stop the Accord. In the end three cars are wrecked and Jerry has bruised ribs.... he could hardly walk... The Accord has 10K worth of damage and the two other cars around 2K each... he's gonna pay out of pocket for the two. There taking the insurance check for the Accord and taking it to the auction as is...... That car had bad mojo right from the start...

Then Wednesday Jerry goes to his house to pick-up his John Deer tractor to cut the field next to the shop. He's in his 15 Chevy High Sierra crew cab diesel with his trailer hooked to it. Now Jerry's house in on the top of a hill with a very steep driveway...his son was out washing a car so the driveway was wet. He tells me he's all set to drive the tractor on the trailer just like he always does... when he drives the tractor on the trailer it "rocks" the truck and trailer with enough force to just get it to start slipping down the the driveway... the drive is so steep it keeps picking up momentum down the drive... He's sitting on the John Deer on the the trailer going down the the driveway:o... 1/2 way down the driveway he bails off the the moving truck and trailer.... he said he was watching it go down the drive picking up speed going down to the road with passing cars... Cars started to stop as they saw this runaway load coming down. The load got down the the bottom and jack-knifed stopping the runaway...a few feet more and would have gone over the embankment.... After this tall tale of what took place I told him he's banned from my shop the rest of the week.... keep your bad mojo out of my shop...

Dave I feel ya with the septic.... we had to get a new one about 12/15 years ago.... but I must say it wasn't on the scale of yours... man that's some equipment.... good luck with that my friend...

Gary, have a great show.... enjoy...... pic's please;)

Don't know what I'm getting into this weekend.... might start the battle of the leaves:angry:... maybe not..... the F-250 has been sitting for a few months, that thing always gives me a hard time...

Everyone have a great weekend....... later...

MKP :-)

IMG_20161105_111535-1.jpg

• Like 7

MKP, sounds like Jerry was distracted by having his phone with him that day. Guess it could happen to anyone. Sure wish someone was recording those events. Hope he has a better week from lessons learned, and heals up nicely. Glad it wasn't contagious....;)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Sure wish someone was recording those events. Hope he has a better week from lessons learned, and heals up nicely. Glad it wasn't contagious....;)

yea for real... i saw him about two hours after the Accord runaway.... and he was still a mess:wacko:

Man.... nothing is going on today.... Just surfing the internet for airbag diagnostic tools. I need a airbag simulator... I found this one made in England. It has variable resistance values, looks like a good little tool for not a lot $$$$

2w1.jpg

It's not too cold out, but I'm just cold today...... been telling the wife I'm gonna start a fire.... maybe I should get up and do something... Just not into it today, just gonna vegetate today:P

Might mess with the cats.....

Later...

MKP :-)

IMG_20161105_152930-1.jpg

• Like 7

This morning a fire would have felt good. Cat owners, have you ever noticed how some cats really love a cardboard box. Wish I were that easy to please. Yes this one cat will try to get inside any small box we have and covet it against others.

^^^This just in flash: Dude from last years Florida Seafood Festival in Apalachicola's oyster eating contest who I wrote about last year as coming in 2nd came in 1st today. Nan was there and called me on her phone. She says he has a big honking trophy... Will see if can grab a pic or so. She had coconut shrimp at the fest and is happy now. Enjoying the deck this pm myself...maybe a Marie Callender's later...;)

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, billybob said:

This morning a fire would have felt good. Cat owners, have you ever noticed how some cats really love a cardboard box. Wish I were that easy to please. Yes this one cat will try to get inside any small box we have and covet it against others.

^^^This just in flash: Dude from last years Florida Seafood Festival in Apalachicola's oyster eating contest who I wrote about last year as coming in 2nd came in 1st today. Nan was there and called me on her phone. She says he has a big honking trophy... Will see if can grab a pic or so. She had coconut shrimp at the fest and is happy now. Enjoying the deck this pm myself...maybe a Marie Callender's later...;)

If Nan is your bride, you probably don’t want to mention Marie Callender.  Some wives get very jealous. :D

• Like 5

I awakened at 01:59 in a Hampton Inn (rarely sleep well in hotels).  I didn't immediately know whether it was 1:59 am daylight time or 1:59 am standard time.  When it turned to 02:01 (2:01 am), I knew it was now standard time. 

So, I guess I didn't use the extra hour to sleep in.  After going back to bed, I got up for good at 5:30 am standard time (6:30 am daylight/body time) to have a Hampton waffle and some "Robust" coffee.

• Like 5

Sausage gravy and biscuits part two.  Changed from Pillsbury Grands to frozen self rising biscuits.  Used Bob Evans sausage.  Made gravy thinner and with more pepper. Bien!  I can live with this recipe:)

A nice ride yesterday in the S2000 top down of course.  LF and I drove to Publix (grocery store) and bought some Porterhouse steaks on sale for $7.99/pound.  Had another couple over.  Sadly I over cooked them a bit but they were still tender:wacko:  The Big Green Egg has a learning curve.  In the future I need to take the steak off at 120 degrees and wrap in foil.  Since the grill is very hot the meat continues to cook longer than with a conventional grill.  No complaints and Jake was happy with a late night bone.:)

Voted Friday to avoid anticipated long lines.  LF will vote tomorrow hopefully.

So today I have choices.  House cleaning, play with the Honda, blow leaves off the roof, or football. 

Cheers Ladies and Gents.....

• Like 7

Wonder what proof that is? On the hot scale will guess near the top. Bet a little goes a long way...:mellow:

Up early around daylight, early for me should say. 2 or 3 clocks will need adjust.

Started watching a slow tv episode on Netflix and after watching now twice, am almost nearing the

halfway point this morning with my coffee. Yes it is a long way from Bergen to Oslo by train and

is abit boring at times, but works fairly well if boredom is what turns you on...<_<

Abit funny watching the captions for noise inside the carriage (woman laughs)(woman coughs) etc.

(man laughs)...:blush2:

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

Wonder what proof that is? On the hot scale will guess near the top. Bet a little goes a long way...:mellow:

Up early around daylight, early for me should say. 2 or 3 clocks will need adjust.

Started watching a slow tv episode on Netflix and after watching now twice, am almost nearing the

halfway point this morning with my coffee. Yes it is a long way from Bergen to Oslo by train and

is abit boring at times, but works fairly well if boredom is what turns you on...<_<

Abit funny watching the captions for noise inside the carriage (woman laughs)(woman coughs) etc.

(man laughs)...:blush2:

bb....have you watched Narcos on Netflix?  I was hooked and binged on both seasons.

• Like 5

Not yet Chuck but have hovered around it without clicking. I will now upon your recc...:)

Heard the other day when Neflix in the news it was a mainstay they created.

After reading your previous post heated me a breakfast sandwich, Jimmy Dean,

and say a lady inline at the grocer with a roll of Jimmy Dean maple sausage. May pass it up, but,

going with your other recc,,, Steak! Nan may have to do a short shop on the way back tomorrow,

Green Egg must do a good job, Even Jake has no complaints...:lol:

• Like 4