Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Since some states have moved to approve medical marijuana or marijuana for recreational use I started wondering if there are any good market opportunities to get into early.  Using discretionary funds I bought 2 stocks AXIM and AMMJ. 

What? 

My state will be last to market. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Weber said:

My state will be last to market. 

Are they still growing alot of tobacco in Ky ?  That industry should get behind making it legal, they could just switch the weed they grow. It would be more labor to grow but MUCH higher profits.

• Like 4

In my prosecutor days in Battle Creek, a woman was charged with possession of marijuana.  With the benefit of a search warrant, a cavity search located the contraband in one of the Donald's referenced locations.  While reviewing the warrant request, I wondered out loud, "What's a joint like this doing in a girl like you?"  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Are they still growing alot of tobacco in Ky ?  That industry should get behind making it legal,

Not very much tobacco, comparatively. Kentucky was known for coal, tobacco, fast women and good looking horses. Everything has changed: No more jobs in coal; no more tobacco being sold and now the horses are fast and the women are good looking. The climate, rainfall and terrain are ideal for growing the good stuff...so I've heard. B) 

• Like 3

Good early morning my friends.......

Chuck, I was sad to learn of Baxter's passing, as I was watching your posts concerning him. For me, loosing a pet can be just as painful as family loss!   May Baxter........RIP...

News from here........We have returned from our 4 day family visit to Barrie, Ontario.  It was a great time, and part of the visit was exchanging paid for, high res audio with Chris' brother...   I brought my classical library which he needed to build his collection, and he kindly gave me many recordings of popular, rock and jazz which I did not have...    The trip home through the boarder was very easy, even with a few days expired passport :o 

Road work this week, the Christmas concert season is here, organ tunings in full swing........ Can't wait to get back to Music Hall this weekend to relax and listen to music with the forum members :emotion-21:

.............a stop at Dunkin Donuts for coffee on the way out to the job venus   :emotion-44:  :happy:

Enjoy your day everyone.

..........Gary

• Like 6

Kind of got kicked in the head yesterday. Our company president called to let me know they are going to a national purchasing model and my department will no longer exist. Bottom line is I will no longer have a job come January 1. Well a Merry Christmas and a Ho Ho Ho to you.  Time to refresh the resume and start looking.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, richieb said:

Sorry to hear. Although never a good time the Holidays are never the best timing for this news. Even worse when it is a straight blindside.  Was there no scuttlebutt this was on the horizon? Best luck ---

Out of the blue. I spoke with the local GM and the regional VP and they only found out 5 days ago. It was a mandate from the company President. One day at a time now. I've already started reaching out to my network of friends in several industries. Time will tell.

• Like 6