Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

So tonight it's just The BOSS Stoney, Boney and me chillin at the house... Might watch a movie.... haven't decided yet....

On the way home from diner and the Home Depot we stopped at the shop. I picked up my 99 cent subwoofer project that I stated a few weeks back. I might even work on that some. 

Anyway got a fire going and were in for the evening. Our daughter got back from her Puerto Rico vacation yesterday and she's back at mom's. The BOSS checked in with all our kids to see what there up to this evening..... You know that what moms do. She was happy to hear there all staying in.

MKP :-)

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Mark....that new phone will quickly grow on you. I don't like change either at first, but once I realize it isn't as challenging as I thought, I like it.

I recently updated to the new Xfinity X1 cable box, the remote seemed complicated. A week later and I really like all the new features, and I can't imagine going back to the old remote.

Bill is good with phones.  Saws not so much:o

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Bill is good with phones.  Saws not so much:o

I'll tell what's scary....I'm probably better with a saw than a phone:D

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

That will change with the new smart saws coming to the market.

I saw Tom Silva on This Old House use a miter saw that will lock up the blade before it will cut your finger. He used a hotdog and the saw locked and didn't leave a mark on the dog. Is this the new smart saw you're referring to?

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I saw Tom Silva on This Old House use a miter saw that will lock up the blade before it will cut your finger. He used a hotdog and the saw locked and didn't leave a mark on the dog. Is this the new smart saw you're referring to?

Awesome. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I'll tell what's scary....I'm probably better with a saw than a phone:D

I think you're referring to the Sawstop table saw

Not much going on here.  I bought 2 and a half dozen tamales for supper and the wife made some fresh coleslaw.   No fires here as its in the upper 60s.  Gonna be a quiet night here at the casa with my wife, daughter and her boyfriend.  Everyone who's on the road tonight watch out for the knuckleheads. 

• Like 6

cool.

i had two parts in this flick; but, they didn’t let me speak (which isn’t surprising).  Did work out a nice ad lib bit with the star Andre Braugher; but, we had to abort it during filming because someone got in our path. Funny thing, years later, my brother becomes friend with an actor named Stan Shaw -- who played Joe Louis in this movie. It is a small world after all.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099311/

• Like 7

Here’s the trailer to my acting debut :o  this is the first time that i’ve seen it and their editing sucks.  I was about three seconds away from being in the trailer.  When Jackie slides into home, I was one of his teammates that run onto the field to congratulate him.  The trailer shows him sliding; but, then moves on. I had the entire screen to myself for a few seconds as we jogged back to the dugout. 

The aborted ad lib that i mentioned above was that in between takes, Andre asked me “if instead of shaking hands, what if I jump in the air -- will you catch me without dropping me?”  we worked out the details. when we started filming, one of the other ballplayers cut in front of me so Andre never jumped. The director was happy with that take, so that was the end of that. That guy ruined my career :D

• Like 7

Good evening and a happier new year.

Just into the cave after pulling the heating unit from the Rv this morning, rebuilt.

Total Duct cleaning, it needed it, also looks like all new vents will be needed. 

Re-installed the heat unit about an hour ago, NOGO, had a drink, read through everything online for this unit,

Saw the spark gap was about 3/8" wile rebuilding, thought nothing of it:blink: 1/8" is what the specs state:o

Sooo, will need to remove the entire unit AGAIN in the next few days, it's the ONLY way to service the heater.

Sounds like Bombs going off here in Suburbia.

i think i'll run the on-line scanner for the local PD.

Coffee/Duggans and im Veggin,

• Like 7

• Moderators

Everyone came inside a little while ago, 6 are playing a game at the kitchen table and a bunch went to sleep. It rained pretty hard all evening so it was just hanging out in the bar for everyone listening to music and talking. No fire, I was all ready but there was no way to have a fire in that rain, but everyone had fun. 

It's 1:58 am and I am done, Good night everyone and all have a good and safe New Year.

• Like 6

Good morning and Happy New Year.

Now a shameless plug for a small work by my nephew, Ryan Disney.  Col. Pierre Ortiz was a true American hero, spy, USMC officer, etc. He spoke several languages and was at times a race car driver, lion tamer and much more. Ryan is in the process of putting his remarkable story to paper.  A short teaser is available from Amazon for $0.99.  I'd attach a proper link if I were at a real computer, rather than an iPad.  Go to Amazon and search Ryan Disney and you'll get to the story.

Clearly, I'm a proud uncle rather than an objective reviewer, but I defy anyone interested in history, especially WW II history, to read the short piece and not get more than $0.99 cents worth of enjoyment.  I'm looking forward to the full piece.

• Like 7

Went to the mall with the wife... got in front of the door to one of the stores that has a half off sale of items already marked down. Four new purses and wallets later (about 45 seconds after the doors opened) and we are done. She got about ten last year and then sold them off at a profit. At least I finished a Starbucks while in line waiting to run interference... :blink:

• Like 6

12 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

cool.

i had two parts in this flick; but, they didn’t let me speak (which isn’t surprising).  Did work out a nice ad lib bit with the star Andre Braugher; but, we had to abort it during filming because someone got in our path. Funny thing, years later, my brother becomes friend with an actor named Stan Shaw -- who played Joe Louis in this movie. It is a small world after all.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099311/

Steve we have movie stardom in common.  I was in the first episode of Eastbound and Down.  My speaking part was yelling obscenities at the pitcher.  Did meet Brook Shields and hubby.  My LA bud was one of the producers.  Meals catered to all of us "stars":P

• Like 6