Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

13 hours ago, mungkiman said:

I was in a SawStop video many years ago. My only line was around 1:18

12 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

cool.

i had two parts in this flick; but, they didn’t let me speak (which isn’t surprising).  Did work out a nice ad lib bit with the star Andre Braugher; but, we had to abort it during filming because someone got in our path. Funny thing, years later, my brother becomes friend with an actor named Stan Shaw -- who played Joe Louis in this movie. It is a small world after all.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099311/

7 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Steve we have movie stardom in common.  I was in the first episode of Eastbound and Down.  My speaking part was yelling obscenities at the pitcher.  Did meet Brook Shields and hubby.  My LA bud was one of the producers.  Meals catered to all of us "stars":P

I didn't know we are surrounded by celebrities:D

• Like 3

They wanted me to put my hotdog on the table. Did not think it very smart...;)

Cannot think of the county but, about 40 minutes away is birthplace of

Robinson. It is Grady County Georgia with several small townships. Main

seat is Cairo, pronounced Karo like the syrup. Know this from the sign

when entering county. I was asked to go there cause of my long hair

and southern drawl back then to do jobs. Small world really.

Happy New Year ya'll!:)2017...yea baby...

• Like 4

Whelpers,

Offered to take Nan some food but, she still has a fever and still feels like crap, her words. So, I asked the lady who came home from a dinner last night who has a common wall between us, who knows me quite well from the sounds I make, if she wanted blackeyes,etc. She said no thank you as, her brother was making them, but who may not be speaking to me now that the cat is out of the bag about my music, as she had come in earlier than expected, to the sound of ABBA Gold, complete with sub. Now that my cover is blown, I thought what the hay. She did go for a man showing up to her door before a woman on New Years as good luck though. Told her yes, family steeped in tradition. So, may have to see if she has heard about traditions and superstitions surrounding New Years.

To cut it shorter, to borrow a phrase, knock on wood, I went to an Old Steak& Ale on North Monroe here that the venerable Dr. Lamb said was much better than anything he had consumed in London.

It is now a family restaurant/buffet where the food is sold by the pound, not sterling. It did have sweet tea, no lemon to be found, as the tray had somehow walked off somewhere they said before my arrival. A bit on the sweet side but salvageable. Blackeyes, white rice, no smoked hog jowls but some nice pork stew, chicken and dressing, flat wax beans(can) which I endure and collard greens seasoned, cornbread, bread roll and for dessert, peach pie and what appeared similar to cake with wedding cake icing. Weight came to 3 pounds and was proud of myself for not spilling the takeout plate,dessert containers. At first I thought, I have leftovers for Monday but alas, not so much. Now I have health wealth and good fortune covered. The rest is just gravy...:)

Do not go out in public very often but since restaurant was closing early, made out until a year from now. Will have to go out on the morrow as I must mail the tag to a forum member at the post office. No worries however, as I remembered I now have a full beard. :emotion-55:

Hope you made out to whatever if any tradittions have you attached!

• Like 3

Good for what ails you. Like some smoked whenever encountered, cept maybe certain wild game. Wonder what they eat in California that is wild.

IAC had a good day. ATM thinking about some wedding cake I saved for an occasion. Guess a brew may be entirely out. Or not so...:emotion-22:

• Like 3