Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

That said, I could not sleep right away last night trying to recall what I had read as a grammar school young tyke. Having read John Jacob Astor, James Fenimore Cooper and the like back then, I could not remember if eating beaver was done back in the day as, there was a mass slaughter of the animals by the different beaver fur trading companies. If not, it was a double whammy just leaving all that meat to scavengers. Just thinking of the hunter code of eating what you kill. Also know that the beaver is surely now protected, but wonder if any NW Native American tribes hold them in rituals,etc. Very broad I know.

This came from the beaver conversation I previously enquired about, and wild food.

• Like 3

Sounds familiar. My home was built in 73, and I don't think any remodeling projects have ever been attempted. I've been here 5 years and I am just now doing some renovations, it REALLY needed it. I'm making my way to the kitchen, but that's where it gets expensive. Good luck.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

That said, I could not sleep right away last night trying to recall what I had read as a grammar school young tyke. Having read John Jacob Astor, James Fenimore Cooper and the like back then, I could not remember if eating beaver was done back in the day as, there was a mass slaughter of the animals by the different beaver fur trading companies. If not, it was a double whammy just leaving all that meat to scavengers. Just thinking of the hunter code of eating what you kill. Also know that the beaver is surely now protected, but wonder if any NW Native American tribes hold them in rituals,etc. Very broad I know.

This came from the beaver conversation I previously enquired about, and wild food.

Hmmmmmmm eating beaver.  I better not start.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ceptorman said:

Sounds familiar. My home was built in 73, and I don't think any remodeling projects have ever been attempted. I've been here 5 years and I am just now doing some renovations, it REALLY needed it. I'm making my way to the kitchen, but that's where it gets expensive. Good luck.

Kitchen is definitely the most expensive.  Our bathroom wasn't cheap either but we pretty much gutted it to the studs and started over.

• Like 5

Just now, Ceptorman said:

Carl...nice pool area, is that decorative concrete? Looks good. 

Nope just black swirls from the stuff that grows on it from being wet so much.  You have to pressure wash it from time to time to keep it decent.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

I won't touch the "beaver" comment either! 

One of my favorite TV shows Mountain Men, showed Tom, the guy from Montana and the guy up in Alaska eating beaver. They both claimed it was very tasty.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I won't touch the "beaver" comment either! 

One of my favorite TV shows Mountain Men, showed Tom, the guy from Montana and the guy up in Alaska eating beaver. They both claimed it was very tasty.

Figure it was readily edible. Wow, alright, you have already answered my question. Tasty!

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Alright.  You guys asked for it.  The movie recommendation for today is Zombeavers!  Camp horror comedy, 2014.  You deserve this one....

Zombeavers film poster.jpg

WTF?
This is what i get from stopping by during breaks between projects:o

Dont tell me that is A real movie?

• Like 3

Just now, minermark said:

They need a good azz kickin, and then make the losers walk home.

Gonna be an ugly game.  Both teams suck at quarterback and are on second or third stringers.  If you like defense,  this will be the game of the week.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

Dang, didn't know they could be that big. Scary really! Was just thinking of you. Not wanting to embarrass anyone about the exotic game they have eaten but straightout, has anyone here had it for a meal?

Nope...I've never eaten a big scary beaver:P

• Like 7