Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning folks, Going back to the photo with the couple playing records.  I wonder how they hid all those cables.  I tried to go back and read everything I missed out on, that's to much reading for a guy like me.  Hope everyone is doing well.  I plan on stopping by the RTM thread this evening, for the celebration of Boxx's friendship, I hope to see you all there.  Well got to run, I have drivers to ship, homework to do, and a water heater to move.  Maybe find time to go look at some cars. Finishing the second cup of Eight O'clock French Roast, which might be my new favorite. 

Peace ✌️

• Like 8

Chuck's post above is funny and accurate.  As a Michigander, I'd rather be on the road in Michigan during a winter storm than in the south.  In Michigan, drivers have experience and the proper snow removal equipment mitigates the problem.  In the South, drivers are comparatively clueless and the snow removal plan is called "July."

One of my worst driving experiences ever was driving a van from Texas to Michigan during a winter ice/snow storm.  What would have been a significant storm in Michigan caused paralysis in Tennessee and Kentucky.

Stay warm and safe my southern friends.

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Chuck's post above is funny and accurate.  As a Michigander, I'd rather be on the road in Michigan during a winter storm than in the south.  In Michigan, drivers have experience and the proper snow removal equipment mitigates the problem.  In the South, drivers are comparatively clueless and the snow removal plan is called "July."

One of my worst driving experiences ever was driving a van from Texas to Michigan during a winter ice/snow storm.  What would have been a significant storm in Michigan caused paralysis in Tennessee and Kentucky.

I also think Michigan does a great job of keeping the roads going. Of course being used to driving in it helps also. My FIL told me about the time parts of Texas received a pretty good shot of snow. He said the local DOT used P-gravel on the streets to help with traction. I guess the local bodyshops made out very well:o

• Like 5

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Het Dtel....we're having a Mississippi morning, I'm sure you'll know what I mean:D

It's cold here, and going to be 21 tonight, things are just not right, my pepper plants froze last night,(here are some) well it's Jan knew it was going to happen sooner or later. :( 

yard-1.JPG

• Like 7

• Moderators
2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

What would have been a significant storm in Michigan caused paralysis in Tennessee and Kentucky.

Truthfully real southerners consider Tennessee and Kentucky the North, probably because we have to drive 10-12 hours North to get there. :ph34r: And if I drive more than an hour South I would need a boat. 

• Like 7

Sorry to see those plants got 'bittin by the cold Dtel.............but that is quite a different scene then what we have here right NOW..   our little snowstorm has started and things are getting nice and white again, as they should be here in New England :), and yes, 'most' of us are exerts when it comes to driving in this weather..........although, there will be 'cowboys' that will get themselves into roadside 'events' ...!

Here is my view from the kitchen at this moment.....IMG_2288.jpgIMG_2286.jpg

• Like 8

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Tigerman said:

.but that is quite a different scene then what we have here right NOW.

I know, when I say cold I am talking sissy cold :o NOT real cold like real Northern states, big difference. :D Lived down here all my life, can't help it. :mellow:

I couldn't/wouldn't live where there is real cold, no way. My brother in law lived in Alaska for the last 20 years and moved last summer, I could not do it. We have about 9 months of summer and 3 months of less than hot and humid with an occasional freeze just to ruin the plants.

I was playing around with the NOAA weather site last night looking at temps around the country, Indy was much colder than Anchorage by a good bit, Indy's low last night was 0. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

I couldn't/wouldn't live where there is real cold, no way.

it takes a rare breed to be able to handle it.  just yesterday, it was 55 degrees here--but you know, i still went out in it. you do crazy stuff like that when you’re hungry.

you could handle it--i’m sure of it.

• Like 7

Hear you there dTel.............I was just mentioning to Steve that we are supposed to be in the single numbers tonight.........well, we'll see.....Just checked the temp again.........right on 19 degrees...  :mellow:

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

it takes a rare breed to be able to handle it.  just yesterday, it was 55 degrees here--but you know, i still went out in it. you do crazy stuff like that when you’re hungry.

you could handle it--i’m sure of it.

Hope you made it back ok my friend.  55 is pretty darn chilly:blink:

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Hear you there dTel.............I was just mentioning to Steve that we are supposed to be in the single numbers tonight.........well, we'll see.....Just checked the temp again.........right on 19 degrees...  :mellow:

Got to single digit last night.  It makes the mid 20s seem balmy.

• Like 4