Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

20 hours ago, minermark said:

31181309023_f392cbd6a2.jpg

no sir....

the brass-ish looking monkey standing up. he is bad azzzz

looks exceptionally well home-made.  would look GREAT in my office...

i collect cool monkey-like things and cool robots.  i told mkp i want him to weld me some cool stuff with all the nuts, bolts, springs, sprockets, etc. he loves to weld but there is never enough time.  i want him to make us a cool headboard too.  never enough time...

15991781_1289415094414787_129689599_o.jpg

• Like 7

Morning gang

Wet and break from rain, more rain on the way.

Just tried to get the daughter a klipsch acct, must be a conflict of IP address, she could not do it.

She might do another 6Mo stint on the Boat, then moving to Dublin, where upon arriving i told her i would send her

Some Heresy's and some kind of self contained receiver. She likes Klipsch.

Monday eh?

Nothing planned, i like that.

Second cup is due.......:emotion-44::emotion-44:

coffee-gif1.gif

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, MKP'S BOSS said:

no sir....

i collect cool monkey-like things and cool robots.  i told mkp i want him to weld me some cool stuff with all the nuts, bolts, springs, sprockets, etc. he loves to weld but there is never enough time.  i want him to make us a cool headboard too.  never enough time...

Robots eh?

Did Mark not show you what i build? for wintertime projects.

https://youtu.be/Han1ZG04z00

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MKP'S BOSS said:

no sir....

After re-reading your anser, i finely figured out you are talking about  Mr Crow T Robot from the Tv series Mystry Science theater 3000.

There is a guy on the Bay who sells complete kits for Crow and his buddy "Servo".

Sledgeriprock is the dealers name on the bay, iv never bought a complete kit, i buy mine in pieces, more fun.

Show Mark this blog, and see if we can work on your very own "Crow T Robot", he can PM me as to what it takes.

The Crows i build are full motion talking/head/mouth/eye movement, The Rv project has kept me busy this year so iv built no crow this year, but id be happy to build a static crow display just for you guys.

P.S. There is a Cult following behind MST3000 and it's robots not unlike Klipsch.

• Like 7

that is really awesome.  mkp will pm you in about 20 years.  that's about when he will get to it.   ha-ha but no ha-ha.   that is just how life is at the moment.  truly awesome creation.  i guess i just don't think that big.  you definitely have a talent...and exceptional taste!!  i'd be happy with an empty soda can with squiggly eyes lol.  your workshop is pretty cool too.   maybe a city of tubes and robots....  you are gonna get me into trouble...

IMAG1704.jpg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, MKP'S BOSS said:

that is really awesome.  mkp will pm you in about 20 years.  that's about when he will get to it.   ha-ha but no ha-ha.   that is just how life is at the moment.  truly awesome creation.  i guess i just don't think that big.  you definitely have a talent...and exceptional taste!!  i'd be happy with an empty soda can with squiggly eyes lol.  your workshop is pretty cool too.   maybe a city of tubes and robots....  you are gonna get me into trouble...

IMAG1704.jpg

Just tell-em to PM me when he gets the chance.....see what we can do.

• Like 7

On 1/5/2017 at 10:06 AM, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

The BOSS and I will be wearing our Christmas gift from our daughter today. I'll get a pick of us with it on.....you guys are gonna love this...... 

a loooooong time coming!!  Our Christmas gifts from our daughter on the top, and to ourselves on the bottom.  lol!!

15991501_1289502264406070_1550992724_o.jpg

15942842_1289502317739398_2072451568_o.jpg

• Like 7

MKP's dad is CRAZY ... he talks like Ozzy Osbourne with all the stutters and self-interruptions in a cockney-type accent that -- even after 28 years -- i do not know wtf this man is saying!!  BALLS OF STEEL.  this pic from many, many moons ago at Pimlico Race Track in Baltimore MD.  Dave is the one reaching back at high speed in the mud -- like he is getting a cup of tea...CRAZY.  Did this job 30+ years.

pimlico.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I haven't had a flu shot in several years but this year two doctors in the same office said I really should get one and a pneumonia vaccine as well.  I relented and got one of each Friday.  Spent the next 48 hours feeling bad, sleeping a lot, and little food.  Just now feeling half way okay.

My Dad was old school and had not missed a day of work in 30 years, he just didn't get sick.  Since he was older my Mom convinced him to get a flu shot one year.  He had all the symptoms you described, he was sick, nauseous and missed work the next day.

I don't get flu shots.  B)

• Like 6

I get flu shot every year for as long as i can remember -- they've never made me sick.

Doctor told me with my Asthma, that i should get one.  Had a cousin, in her 20s, normal health -- died from the flu.  Many get a bad cold and call it the flu--the actual influenza is some serious stuff...nothing to be messed with.

Get your shot...not just for yourself; but, those around you.

@wvu80 Dave,  I'll give you the shot if it will make you feel better ... you can trust me, i can successfully remove an appendix in the beginner and intermediate levels of the computer game Life & Death.  Don't do as well, with the advanced cases.

Feel better Chuck. 

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Dave,  I'll give you the shot if it will make you feel better ... you can trust me, i can successfully remove an appendix in the beginner and intermediate levels of the game Life & Death.

I trust you, Big Stew.  B)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I trust you, Big Stew.  B)

You and my doctor.  I went to an appointment once and the doctor comes in the exam room and sits at the desk. I proceed to say what my symptoms are, what i think it is, and what medicine that i think i need.  The doctor says, “I agree,” hands me a prescription -- appointment over. 

I’m then thinking, “Gee, I hope I’m right."

• Like 8

9 hours ago, MKP'S BOSS said:

a work in process.  we did watch a movie and took a nap B)

15967441_1289387134417583_1461957104_o.jpg

15966696_1289386997750930_1253620750_o.jpg

I love fireplaces, I've built hundreds, maybe a thousand of them, most were hand built all masonry. Just curious, do you leave the insert door open when you have a fire?  I'm sure you're careful, because you use a lot of wood, but a wood spark could easily pop out of there into your room. Not trying to be critical, I'm always about the safety. When I install a fireplace, I always offer to show the homeowners how to build a fire, and the dangers that can happen. 

Does your insert have a fan? If not, one can be installed. A fan will double or triple the amount of warm air coming out of that area. It will make your wood go farther also. 

Nothing will warm you up like a nice fire. My wife and daughters never had a fireplace before, and didn't really think they would like one, but they love it. I won't let them have a fire going unless I'm home though. Mine is an open firebox, I don't have an insert.

When I was a kid, my Dad had these metal fireplace sandwich makers, we called the hobo pie makers. I bought a pair a couple years ago. A piece of buttered bread, cherry, apple, or even ham and cheese filling, then another piece of buttered bread, close the metal sandwich maker, place it in the open fire, then about 6-10 minutes later you have a cherry filled turnover. They are awesome!

• Like 8

5 hours ago, MKP'S BOSS said:

MKP's dad is CRAZY ... he talks like Ozzy Osbourne with all the stutters and self-interruptions in a cockney-type accent that -- even after 28 years -- i do not know wtf this man is saying!!  BALLS OF STEEL.  this pic from many, many moons ago at Pimlico Race Track in Baltimore MD.  Dave is the one reaching back at high speed in the mud -- like he is getting a cup of tea...CRAZY.  Did this job 30+ years.

pimlico.jpg

His Dad races motorcycles too didn't he? Sounds like an interesting guy.

• Like 7