Jump to content

Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails


Tarheel

Recommended Posts

The finger is getting better Chuck...thanks. The scab fell off earlier today. I will probably lose the fingernail, it still hurts. I might even lose the ability to grow a new nail. I'm not liking the sensations I get, since I severed the nerve. Warm water feels much better than cold. When it was cold outside (last week) it felt similar to frostbite (don't ask how I know what frostbite feels like) :D I might look into an operation to try to re-connect the nerve, but the hand doctor said it's iffy.

 

Actually my balance problem is what I'm more concerned about. Nobody seems to know what's causing the dizzy/lightheaded feeling. I have an appointment to have my eyes checked tomorrow. And I see a different family practice doctor Monday, and a cardio doctor Tuesday. 

 

I hope I'm not sounding like an older person constantly talking about their ailments. I actually feel healthy and strong, I just keep getting dizzy. 

 

I have one of the finest motorcycles Honda has ever produced. Two of my brothers and two nephews are going to the UP of Michigan next week to go snowmobiling. I raced motorcycles until a couple years ago. I love to ride rollercoasters....but I can't do any of these activities right now. Just the thought of being on a coaster makes me dizzyB)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

All states look to be using a quality Meat product, except South Carolina, Chicken yes, Buttermilk Fried?

They Say:

"We suggest ordering the buttermilk-fried chicken tacos to accompany your cocktail" < South Carolina.

 

I say:

"We suggest ordering the buttermilk-fried chicken tacos to accompany your cocktail" Wile dropping five of the six bullets out of your gun for your Pre-dinner entertainment.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
42 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I hope I'm not sounding like an older person constantly talking about their ailments. I actually feel healthy and strong, I just keep getting dizzy. 

To late you sound really old, :o but really nothing can throw off everything like feeling sick, it affects every thing you do until you get back to normal.  Hope they find out what is causing the problem so you can get past this.

 

47 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I actually feel healthy and strong, I just keep getting dizzy.

I feel the same, but the dizzy part was usually self inflected, at least it's expected and not a surprise. :wacko:

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

To late you sound really old, :o but really nothing can throw off everything like feeling sick, it affects every thing you do until you get back to normal.  Hope they find out what is causing the problem so you can get past this.

 

I feel the same, but the dizzy part was usually self inflected, at least it's expected and not a surprise. :wacko:

Thanks....Maybe it's all the partying I did when I was younger coming back to bite me.

I did have a couple cups of Mark's Duggans last week, felt extra dizzy:D

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ya know Miner I have been retired for a couple years myself but you seem to have it down pat. Several naps a day, a drink here and there, you're awakened from the mid-morning nap to the smell of bacon? My God man you got it goin' on! You don't happen to have a spare retirement bungalow on site do you?! And a fan to blow the aroma of bacon as my alarm clock!?

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, minermark said:

Evening gang

 

Up from last Nap and awake to a Quart of Haagen Daz / Half Gal of the Duggans :emotion-21:

Of course the wife has been out all day with her Visa.....Hummmm :ph34r2:

 

Cep's mom must be hangin in there, i see no word otherwise.

 

Foam Research on the list for the evening, another Rv compartment idea for stashing the campsite 12Ga.

 

e0a346ce2035a2f7c587c81765c5ca60.jpg

Time to fire up a pot for the evening.

I just noticed this...."half a gallon of the Duggans":D

 

USNRET (Mike's) Mom had surgery. I believe she is doing well.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, richieb said:

Ya know Miner I have been retired for a couple years myself but you seem to have it down pat. Several naps a day, a drink here and there, you're awakened from the mid-morning nap to the smell of bacon? My God man you got it goin' on! You don't happen to have a spare retirement bungalow on site do you?! And a fan to blow the aroma of bacon as my alarm clock!?

He sure seems to stay busy huh? I hope I have a retirement like Marks:D

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, richieb said:

Ya know Miner I have been retired for a couple years myself but you seem to have it down pat. Several naps a day, a drink here and there, you're awakened from the mid-morning nap to the smell of bacon? My God man you got it goin' on! You don't happen to have a spare retirement bungalow on site do you?! And a fan to blow the aroma of bacon as my alarm clock!?

5 Bedroom house and only use three, my only scre w up so far in retirement.

Other than that, im 16 again with time and money to dabble with.

Could have retired at 50, but hell i did not know what i was going to do with myself, kind of like NOW:o

 

Wife and have done everything we want when we want for 20+ years, now we really think just drag around this 5th wheel for day a outting here and there, we lean towards hotel's w/chefs.

 

YES Retirement IS GREAT :emotion-21:

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
18 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Raw tuna tacos.....meh.

Not my first choice, now throw away the taco part and give me the raw tuna and I will be happy. Stinkin taco would ruin good tuna. :ph34r:

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, minermark said:

5 Bedroom house and only use three, my only scre w up so far in retirement.

Other than that, im 16 again with time and money to dabble with.

Could have retired at 50, but hell i did not know what i was going to do with myself, kind of like NOW:o

 

Wife and have done everything we want when we want for 20+ years, now we really think just drag around this 5th wheel for day a outting here and there, we lean towards hotel's w/chefs.

 

YES Retirement IS GREAT :emotion-21:

 

Keep in mind folks that this is just his screen life.  In actuality he is a fry cook in a greasy spoon in Rio Linda and lives with 12 cats in his single wide.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...