Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:06 PM, minermark said:

Evening gang

Watching water management CYA.

What a joke.

Damage to the Dam so far $200Million + and it aint over yet.

Lets see if i can muster up some pics i took of the Feather on Friday.

Downstream from the Dam aprox 30miles, river is normal at 100' wide, now it's 1/2 mile wide toward the west flooding fields.

Normal depth is 17' + or- feet, currently 42' and rising.

And my Latest "Barn Find", currently discussing future ownership, he played around with this 34,(i think) in 1975,

Installed a 327 4 Spd, still runs just needs some TLC :emotion-21:

32848610445_5b16c1035d.jpg

32467698960_1197cf7504.jpg

32695184262_46e1acf1f9.jpg

32033886283_eab9c88f58_b.jpg

Hydraulic brakes? Ford? if yes, it's a 39, the 1st year ford had hydraulic. There's one sitting here with a mustang 2 engine with racing wires. Tree branch growing through the windows. Squatter owns that and a 62 Plymouth. The property owner said I can have it, he will sign it over to me. I can get it hooked for $100. Problem is when I fire up the chain saw, the squatter might take aim. I'll see if I can find some pics

Mark

• Like 5

• Moderators
3 hours ago, USNRET said:

and from my buddy Don:

They barely look like teenagers, I am feeling older. 

This was funny from that link.

Eventually, we made it to St. Johns and landed safely on three engines. We’d never been so thrilled to be back on terra firma. In an expression that I heard one of our sensor operators use, we spent that long, long flight “puckered up tight enough that a team of horses couldn’t pull a greased knitting needle out of our arses”. But we made it.

• Like 1

Morning all....

Looks like I got a bit of catching up to do.....

Same ol` crapp going on.....

We do have my grandsons birthday party tonight.....that should be good.....

The BOSS and I did the grand parent thing this weekend, we took the kids to the Batman Lego movie.

It was "ok".....the grandkids seemed to like it.....after that we took em to the Pancake House.....was a good Saturday.

Back to work......check in later.....

MKP :-)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

MKP -- i took some of mine putt putt golfing and out for pizza. Doing stuff with them before i move away.

Most cool...... 

Grandkids are great....ya get to give them back to there parents:emotion-21::emotion-21:

Not really working today, just messing with my CRV. Replacing the front bumper and refinishing a headlight. Also had a bearing noise on the A/C idler pully....replaced the bearing in the pully, I'm not spending $50 on a pully....6 bucks on a new bearing;)

IMG_20170213_140343-1.jpg

IMG_20170213_141513-1.jpg

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Most cool...... 

Grandkids are great....ya get to give them back to there parents:emotion-21::emotion-21:

Not really working today, just messing with my CRV. Replacing the front bumper and refinishing a headlight. Also had a bearing noise on the A/C idler pully....replaced the bearing in the pully, I'm not spending $50 on a pully....6 bucks on a new bearing;)

IMG_20170213_140343-1.jpg

IMG_20170213_141513-1.jpg

I bought a CRV in 97, the 1st year they made them. I said I was going to run it til the wheels fell off. 2012 with 221K miles on it, I guess it was time. Running on I-57 at 80, the driver's side front tire blew out. Amazing what those steel belts do to the grill, quarter panel, hood and wheel assembly. I got lucky, a state trooper asked how fast I was going and 65 wasn't the right answer. All he did was tell me to sit in the back of the car and wait for the tow. He also pointed out how lucky I was nothing major happened so since I just totaled the CRV without damaging anyone or anything, totaling the truck was punishment enough. No ticket!

Mark

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ZEUS121996 said:

totaling the truck was punishment enough.

I hear ya Mark....

These are good little trucks.... Mine has about 246k. It runs great, got a lil' lag in 2-3 upshift sometimes. I have to play with the throttle to get it to up-shift sometimes. 

I got this one from a customer about five years ago. with about 220k on it. I've been working on this truck since it had about 50k on it. Several years back he came to the shop with the check-eng light on. It was the good old cat code (P0420) in the ECU.... no big deal, we put a aftermarket cat on it and down the road he went.... that cat lasted about two years then it coded back up again. The next time we put a OEM Honda replacement cat on it and I told him it's good to go..... Well the Honda cat lasted just shy of two years and he had to have it towed in the shop cuz the cat converter melted down and clogged the exhaust system:mellow:

Now you don't have two cat failures in less than four years unless something is going on. I did a cylinder leak down test and found the exhaust valves are not seating properly. He didn't want to fix it so I bought the CRV from him. he was really happy that I wasn't fixing it to sell it, I always wanted one of those trucks. I'm just waiting for one of the exhaust valves to burn and I'll put another engine in it.

Two years ago I rebuilt the suspension on it...... Just about everything as far as suspension was replaced. The springs are Old Man Emu from Australia... 1" lift

Anyway..... love my little CRV

• Like 4

• Moderators
6 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Also had a bearing noise on the A/C idler pully....replaced the bearing in the pully, I'm not spending $50 on a pully....6 bucks on a new bearing;)

Didn't think of that last time I had to change one, good idea.  

• Like 3

cardiologist said my nuclear stress test was normal. yeah, the PVC condition is there; but, not being caused by heart disease and as long as it doesn’t get to the point where it puts me at risk, then it’s just going to be a nuisance. 

So, I thank God for that. Now, i have proof that i’m normal...where are those guys in the white coats, i must show them this proof.

• Like 4

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Now, i have proof that i’m normal.

That might be a little of a stretch, but if that's all it takes, good deal, i'm with you. :o

Great news, it's probably mostly what they call environmental, after you move you will probably even be better looking. :wink: 

• Like 3

• Moderators

WOW

Two men were killed in a fiery car crash at a Las Vegas racetrack on Sunday.

Las Vegas Metropolitan police Sgt. Steve Summers said the driver of a Lamborghini and an instructor of SpeedVegas were killed after the driver lost control and crashed into a wall. The car burst into flames.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/02/13/2-men-die-in-fiery-wreck-at-las-vegas-racetrack.html