Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 2/12/2017 at 9:03 PM, minermark said:

Welp, i called it correct.

Emergency Evac in Oroville downstream.

Dam outflow has eatin away the face of the Dam , stupid fkn people controling the gates!

And now we pay for their stupidity!

Heading out, iv got six dusters to get out before midnight.

Farmers were quick to state...Bring Vodka

I hope your area gets some relief, pretty scary.

• Like 4

Good morning gang

Up from midnight Nap.

Worked the roads up near Marysville for 10 Hrs, on the drive home yesterday, stopped by the Farms

to see how they were doing, they were loading equip they wish NOT to replace, so i hung in there helping them

till 10Pm last night.....long azz day.

Iv done my duty for the Evac panic, next possible time out will be Thursday/Friday with the next storm.

A few National Guard trucks are cruising around 0roville. Dam has dropped a couple feet, and River is down a foot.

Fresh Coffee Perkin, Breakfast Burrito leftover, Yum.

Ya-All know what day it is......

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I hope your area gets some relief, pretty scary.

0roville is aprox 35 miles north, north/east.

My Farmer Buds are a little less than half way up there, maybe 18 miles as the River flows.

And they ALL live below the east side levie.

Standing in their driveway looking up at the Levie road above you  it's aprox 25' and water is at 22' on the other side.

• Like 4

• Moderators
Just now, Ceptorman said:

Thanks for the reminder Eldon. Ironically I'm wearing a 70th Ann. shirt right now! I'm hoping to make it to Hope in April.

I like the quote on back.

You're welcome and we hope you can make it this year!  It's going to be awesome!!!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, minermark said:

0roville is aprox 35 miles north, north/east.

My Farmer Buds are a little less than half way up there, maybe 18 miles as the River flows.

Standing in their driveway looking up at the Levie road above you  it's aprox 25' and water is at 22' on the other side.

I can't imagine the feeling of not knowing if that dam will hold up. The news said 180k people need to evacuate.

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Sorry Christie.....I didn't see the "Wife" part of your screen name. 

No problem!  There's no way dtel would keep up with all this Pilgrimage/tshirt "stuff"!  He's a huge help...but when it comes to Pilgrimage/tshirts he backs out!  :ph34r:

• Like 5

So 'Miner are you in the evac zone? And if you don't mind saying, what city? 

The national news reported that issues with this dam have been known and left neglected since 2005. True? I mean that's  only 12 years, you can't turn gov't around that quickly even as they are watching their constituents  being washed away.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Happy Hallmark Day,

Sure Valentine's Day is a contrived Hallmark Holiday, but you won't find me ignoring it to make a statement; life's too short.

It goes back much further than I thought, this was in the news today.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-valentines-day-history-business-20170214-story.html

Glad they stopped this tradition.

Many historians agree that Valentine’s Day can be traced back to ancient Rome when, in the middle of February, the toga crowd celebrated Lupercalia. This involved men getting naked, sacrificing goats and then using strips from the skins to chase and whip nearby women, thereby improving the women’s fertility.

Those Romans. They put the Rome in romance.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, dtel said:

It goes back much further than I thought, this was in the news today.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-valentines-day-history-business-20170214-story.html

Glad they stopped this tradition.

Many historians agree that Valentine’s Day can be traced back to ancient Rome when, in the middle of February, the toga crowd celebrated Lupercalia. This involved men getting naked, sacrificing goats and then using strips from the skins to chase and whip nearby women, thereby improving the women’s fertility.

Those Romans. They put the Rome in romance.

That sounds like fun.  I bet there was sufficient imbibing to be able to get naked.  We still have so much to learn from ancient Rome.

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 hours ago, minermark said:

That's pretty scary, just like the Mississippi river levee at New Orleans. You can stand on top of the levee at the time of the year when the river is high and it's only a few feet from the top, on the city side is a 30' drop in elevation to street level, it's crazy.

Hope it drains off before anything else bad happens, people living there don't deserve being washed away because of bad planning from the past.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

That sounds like fun.  I bet there was sufficient imbibing to be able to get naked.  We still have so much to learn from ancient Rome.

Never sacrificed a goat before and I wouldn't whip any women with the meat because I wouldn't want to improve there fertility, labido yes, furtility NO.

• Like 2