Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I woke this morning to a flat tire. Aired it up and drove over to Discount Tire. One screw in the middle of the tread and a nail by the edge of the sidewall. Time for a new tire.

Luck = preparation meets opportunity

I have the replacement warranty, so I get a free tire. Actually, this is the 3rd tire they have replaced for free in the last year. It was getting time for new tires anyway, so I purchased the other back tire. I prefer to replace tires in pairs.

Now for a cup of Sumatra dark roast.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Good Saturday morning everyone...............:emotion-44:

Mark, what color temp are they?   The photo makes them look they are in the 6000k range.........BLUE!   That'll wake you up first thing in the morning :lol:

Enjoy the day.....

Breakfast and COFFEE up next............   OH, and weather wise, thought I would just say, last week was the FIRST TIME EVER running my AC in February!  Now this morning, it is 10 degrees out there ...........burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!  :o

Cool/Bright white, they are on a dimmer and in taking that Pic, they were set @ 10%, these fully on are Daytime.

I have a bunch of warm lights/blue tint around here, do not care for them, but i screw up ordering on the Bay as well as the Chinese s cr wing me.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

Mark, what holds the lights in place? Tape or glue?

They come with 3M sticky on them and i spot them a drop of super glue when pressing into place.

9 lights total, and at FULL brightness .90 Amp draw:emotion-21: 12v.

• Like 6

Discount Tire has had my business for decades.  I would not be without the road hazard certificates (RHC).  I've lost track of how many tires have been replaced under the RHC over the decades.  One of the expensive tires on the car in my avatar was replaced after striking a chunk of metal on Woodward Avenue.

I recently learned that Discount Tire will sell you RHCs for tires they didn't sell.  One of my son's recently purchased a used car.  The Discount Tire tech walked out to the car with his tread gauge, took one look at the "new" tires and put the gauge away.  Within a few months the RHC paid off after the son's GF hit a pothole and took out a tire. In Michigan, how did she manage that?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Like your King Crimson cup...good album too. Welcome to CC&C

had my local engraver make it...they copied the CD ...then made a heat

transfer...

I realized that a lot people hear on the forum .. Are searching for missing

klipsch tags..  Why won't they go to there local award & engraving shop.turn around should be quick with the laser inscribers and acid etch ...

and thanks billybob..

• Like 6

Well now wait a minute. 5000 posts and of a sudden I see the BS forum. Now I can take a peek behind the curtain. Looks like I will be celebrating. So Nan gives me a call saying the kitchen is flooded. I am thinking that a pitcock behind the fridge has failed, as while troubleshooting  the icemaker about 3 years ago, this same petcock came apart and gave me and the floor a good drenching before the water valve could be cutoff at the well pump. So first place I check is behind the refried. Pitcock in good shape and no water lines leaking. She said also the icetray container in freezer full of water. Was about to move onto other reasons when she reminded me of this. Seems that a freezer bag had managed to slowly wrap around icemaker rod which turns to operate the cube mechanism, thereby freeing up water to oversupply water into freezer compartment. Dang bag took me a 1/2 hour  using tools to finally cut amd unwrap. Lecture to her or whoever was responsible for this mishap(:blush2:) is to keep tray flat against rear so nothing could migrate near icemaker. So, so much for that freaky happening which we had not forseen.

She could have taken me up on a new fridge when I offered one last year. Of course, I did not remind her of that...<_<

Yes, dentists are $$$!

Sorry to learn of the death of loved ones mentioned here over the last few pages.

As far as work/jobs are concerned, I always looked for jobs with all the work cut out of them. Rare indeed...:)

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

had my local engraver make it...they copied the CD ...then made a heat

transfer...

I realized that a lot people hear on the forum .. Are searching for missing

klipsch tags..  Why won't they go to there local award & engraving shop.turn around should be quick with the laser inscribers and acid etch ...

and thanks billybob..

For sure! Sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe some will take advantage of your suggestion. Makes for some custom product I see. Thanks!

• Like 3

Is it just me, or has the forum been DOA for hours?

I first noticed last night; it wouldn't permit me to edit an old post, and then it froze up totally.  It just now appears to be functioning after more than ten hours of dormancy.

Screenshot (225).png

• Like 3

On 3/3/2017 at 10:23 AM, Ceptorman said:

MKP....would you recommend driving on that tire? I know a sidewall can't be patched, but if it didn't get into the carcass, could it be ok?

I don't think the nail got down to the cords in the sidewall and I don't think the tire will blow out next week, but as a professional shop I must recommend that the tire be replaced and tell my customer it's unsafe to drive on.  

Tires and cars can be replaced....... but not people...... I always air on the side of caution.....

MKP :-)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

I don't think the nail got down to the cords in the sidewall and I don't think the tire will blow out next week, but as a professional shop I must recommend that the tire be replaced and tell my customer it's unsafe to drive on.  

Tires and cars can be replaced....... but not people...... I always air on the side of caution.....

Kind of what I thought, might be ok but why risk it.

I know a guy that would patch or plug his motorcycle tires. I would give him my worn out race tires, he used them on the street. I would constantly give him hell about the risk involved. The odd thing was he has the money to buy new tires.

• Like 4

You know that nail is going to come off..... lol lol...... Sorry Carl.... been there:P

A BIG trailer hitch fell on my toe a couple years back and it about dropped me to the shop floor...

It hurt so bad I knew once I took off my shoes, my day was over.  Sooooo, when we got home... and yea even the bottom of my foot was bruised....

I feel your pain my bro...... looks like me and you have one thing in common.......... we got ugly feet:lol:

mark toe 2.jpg

mark toe 1.jpg

• Like 2