Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

21 hours ago, dtel said:

Chock full of nuts, can't remember if it was ok or not ?

Elden,

My experience with Chock full o' Nuts is that it was good.  As a bit of trivia, Jackie Robinson was a Vice President at Chock full o' Nuts.

image.jpeg

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Sergio wins it in the playoffs, some fantastic golf down the stretch. Very happy for him

I put 10 G's on him to win, go big or go home

So the Hope get together is on Jim, cool beans!

• Like 1

The good sportsmanship and class exhibited by both players during play and after the final outcome was equally impressive as the shot making itself!

Only cost a "C" note, but at least i chose a youngin i saw fit to finish.......maybe next time.

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Mark will definitely pick that up for you Mike.....just may take a while.

Out of likes....used my 100 quota:huh:

Pruning azaleas.  Early but they bloomed early:mellow:  Tired now so a quick shower and a ride in the bubble.  Then watch the Masters final few holes. 

Nothing wrong with that, as long as you get the Azaleas trimmed before the end of May, roughly. If they are trimmed later they will not bloom next spring. It's kind of crazy, since the grow so much over the summer, you would think with that much growth late trimming would not affect them but it does.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

Nothing wrong with that, as long as you get the Azaleas trimmed before the end of May, roughly. If they are trimmed later they will not bloom next spring. It's kind of crazy, since the grow so much over the summer, you would think with that much growth late trimming would not affect them but it does.

The timing also depends on climate zone.  I definitely have to trim mine this year.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I will be happy to talk to Rodney about serving beans as well.

Please do not, Rodney is a good cook, but in my opinion his beans suck, to me at least. I have had many things he has cooked but I have learned to skip the beans, any kind of beans.  I am use to soft creamy, beans like they make in NO. Rodney's beans could kill a squirrel  if you had a sling shot they are so hard, It's a country thing I guess ? 

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The timing also depends on climate zone.  I definitely have to trim mine this year.

Yes, here it's the end of May, but further North it could be a little later, but not much. Go to far North and you would have to switch to there parent plant, Rhododendron.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Elden,

My experience with Chock full o Nuts is that it was good.  As a bit of trivia, Jackie Robinson was a Vice President at Chock full o Nuts.

image.jpeg

It' been years, I had no idea of the story behind it, thanks.

• Like 2

Morning gents

42 and dry till Wend.

Outdoor projects just keep getting pushed back

R&D on the RiverRock wall the wife wants.

Shopping for a used Cement mixer, that will be a first!

Farm(s) are nonworking, Fields still saturated, Farmers buzzed by 9Am/Drunk by noon.

16807039_744540522381765_9105420137753338115_n.jpg

• Like 3

Started a new bag of organic whole bean Honduran today, medium roast.  The thing I have noticed with these Central American coffees, like Costa Rican, is that they really pack a caffeine kick.   In other news, in case you haven't noticed, NHL playoffs start Wednesday, and not only that it is spring----time to make meat helmets.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Started a new bag of organic whole bean Honduran today, medium roast.  The thing I have noticed with these Central American coffees, like Costa Rican, is that they really pack a caffeine kick.   In other news, in case you haven't noticed, NHL playoffs start Wednesday, and not only that it is spring----time to make meat helmets.

May 1   spring turkey hunt.  and watching NHL finals....

• Like 2