Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

13 hours ago, ACV92 said:

We have Mennonites and Hutterrites, in Eastern WA and N. Idaho.  Good people.  Very straight forward, no BS.  

I think some Hutterrites live in just a bit west of Airway Heights. I wonder the Tridentines still live around the priest factory.

(Mount Saint Michaels)

http://www.stmichaels.org/mount-st-michael-then-and-now/

• Like 4

Tried out the new Honda push mower this morning.  As advertised it started on the first pull.  Adjusted the cut height and was off.  Takes about 45 minutes to cut, another 45 to edge and to use the blower on the porches, walks, and road.  I gave away the John Deere I bought in 1999 and used up to this season.  It was just getting to hard to crank especially with a healing rotator cuff.  This was a good opportunity to judge the better of the two quality push mowers.  Granted we are talking about 18 years of technological advances with the Honda. 

The Honda was easy to push, starts fast, and is quieter.  The mulching feature makes it easier to get around trees and fences.

The John Deere lasted for 18 years!  The aluminum deck was great and no rusting at all.  Side discharge made it less nimble in close quarters.

To be fair I would need to review both current models and that's not going to happen.

All for now.......

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mike stehr said:

I think some Hutterrites live in just a bit west of Airway Heights. I wonder the Tridentines still live around the priest factory.

(Mount Saint Michaels)

http://www.stmichaels.org/mount-st-michael-then-and-now/

Forgot about the 'house' on the hill.  Not sure if it's still occupied.  I think your right about Airway though.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, minermark said:

Every piece of equip i own is powered by Honda.

Dredges to generators.

I've been a Honda fan my whole life, from motorcycles, van, to gas powered tools, they take a beating. I'm also a huge Stihl fan. I think their quality is equal with Honda's.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, minermark said:

SoCal Desert(s) for 18 years,  had a 250 then a 400, went back to the 250 Husky:emotion-21:.

bought it new in 06. . but it's a dust collector now.. ims 4g. tank , rekluse clutch , rekluse left hand rear brake , 7602 clutch cover , rooster rad & case saver....pirelli mt 21

• Like 2

1 minute ago, minermark said:

All i have now is a Kawisaki KDX250, up in the hanger Reno way, need a total rebuild after sitting for 20+ years.

Course i wont do that.

Think ill give it to some Hanger Rat local.

I also have Yamaha xt 350 total strip down & rebuild ..not even broken in yet..after 12 years another dust collector...sitting behind a 73 early bronco tub on a whirly jig rotisserie , blasted and primer sealed..

sounds like I should be in your neck of the woods !

• Like 4

Seeing retirement coming a few years back, i weaned one hobby per year.

Things i NO longer spend Time/Money on is such a release, frees up time to play.

Couple things off the top of my Drama list:

HamRadio and it's followers

Street Bike

Submarines

Boat

Electronic repair(s) for others

Oh yeah, let's not forget the "friend(s)" who invite you to their lakeside resort, only to find they have electrical problems:rolleyes:

Interests i have left, i enjoy more:emotion-21:

Dirt bike of some sort will be happening maybe August.

Currently im up to three offers from farmers to take their old Quads, free, just take them......no.

Thay are ok for puttin around on the farm, im just not into those things.

• Like 6