Jump to content

Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails


Tarheel

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

So as I approach year 12 here in a couple of more months I have to say it's been entertaining, informative, sad at times, and an opportunity to make some good virtual friends. 

 

Here's to more to come.

Come to the Pilgrimage next year, make some real live flesh and blood friends:)

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, babadono said:

Come to the Pilgrimage next year, make some real live flesh and blood friends:)

We tried to get him to come last year.  He was a no show.  Either he couldn't get his permission slip signed or didn't want to get embarrassed making martinis.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dirtmudd said:

took long enough....must of been

inbetween shaking martinis...

I have my priorities after all.

 

Honestly, the doorway kicked my butt.  The pocket door had a metal brace on the underside of the door frame that was shot into the concrete.  It prevented me from sliding my last piece under the door, dropping the next piece in and then sliding the tongue and grooves back together.  I cut a couple of boards that just wouldn't work before I resigned myself to the fact that the brace had to go.  Once it was removed I could install the floor properly BUT now the door frame and attaching wall were loose.  I pretty much had to engineer a brace to keep the spacing on the door frame correct and re-secure the whole thing to the concrete.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I have my priorities after all.

 

Honestly, the doorway kicked my butt.  The pocket door had a metal brace on the underside of the door frame that was shot into the concrete.  It prevented me from sliding my last piece under the door, dropping the next piece in and then sliding the tongue and grooves back together.  I cut a couple of boards that just wouldn't work before I resigned myself to the fact that the brace had to go.  Once it was removed I could install the floor properly BUT now the door frame and attaching wall were loose.  I pretty much had to engineer a brace to keep the spacing on the door frame correct and re-secure the whole thing to the concrete.

nice job ! Carl....and that was bamboo glued..did you have to

self level the concrete.. 

or it was ready to go down?

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I have my priorities after all.

 

Honestly, the doorway kicked my butt.  The pocket door had a metal brace on the underside of the door frame that was shot into the concrete.  It prevented me from sliding my last piece under the door, dropping the next piece in and then sliding the tongue and grooves back together.  I cut a couple of boards that just wouldn't work before I resigned myself to the fact that the brace had to go.  Once it was removed I could install the floor properly BUT now the door frame and attaching wall were loose.  I pretty much had to engineer a brace to keep the spacing on the door frame correct and re-secure the whole thing to the concrete.

Ahhhhh... The first 90% of the job takes 90% of the time and effort and the last 10% takes the other 90%:lol:

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

nice job ! Carl....and that was bamboo glued..did you have to

self level the concrete.. 

or it was ready to go down?

 

 

Yes, it's glue down.  I didn't have to level the concrete but I did have to grind off the old paint on the perimeter of the room.  After the floor was cleaned a 2 part sealer went down to prevent moisture from weeping through the slab.  The glue went on top of that.

 

They allow 3/16" variation over 10' before you have to start grinding or adding filler to the slab.  I was good with what I had.  No leveling or grinding was necessary.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, babadono said:

Ahhhhh... The first 90% of the job takes 90% of the time and effort and the last 10% takes the other 90%:lol:

LOL, I've heard that quote before.  Next up is moldings and paint then swap out outlets and we'll be ready for furniture.  This weekend will not see any work done in there as rockhound is scheduled to come over Saturday and Sunday will probably be church and lawn day.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Davis said:

A couple of nights ago central Indiana had a 80 degree dew point at 10pm.

The weather person said that is high as it can go.

It has been even more humid than in the past around here lately.

It's nice out today....and tomorrow:D

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
7 hours ago, minermark said:

I understand some of you may NOT know the process of "Tooling up" parts that cannot be bought.

 

I do understand, I seem to always want things that can't be found, plus I'm cheap, I would much rather diy.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
7 hours ago, Tarheel said:

So as I approach year 12 here in a couple of more months I have to say it's been entertaining, informative, sad at times, and an opportunity to make some good virtual friends. 

 

Here's to more to come.

Your right Tarheel, and I hope to someday have it not just virtual but in person. There were some really sad threads, Boxx and OB were just two of them and yours, but there were many happy ones, like your puppy and most everything in this thread, one of my favorite places on the forum. 

 

There will be plenty more.

 

Do you remember a nut called Horn ed or whatever his name was, he was out in California running a nudist colony. I do miss Fini, but I hear he's still on facebook, I'm not.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Tarheel changed the title to Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...