Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

It's just because I bring the doughnuts:P

Where are these doughnuts you speak ok? I'm always late to the party.

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Well Bill you know all the important business takes place on this thread:lol:

I agree. If only all the members knew this:D

It's my favorite thread.

• Like 2

And speaking of bagels....I thought I'd give smoking some salmon a try on the Kamado(big green egg). Anybody here ever smoked their own salmon? What kind of wood or wood chips would go with salmon? I've got hickory and mesquite, but hickory smoked salmon don't sound right. It's great for ribs though. What about the mesquite?

5 minutes ago, babadono said:

And speaking of bagels....I thought I'd give smoking some salmon a try on the Kamado(big green egg). Anybody here ever smoked their own salmon? What kind of wood or wood chips would go with salmon? I've got hickory and mesquite, but hickory smoked salmon don't sound right. It's great for ribs though. What about the mesquite?

Neither one of those, they are both way too strong, and the mesquite would be downright nasty.....Alder for salmon.  or perhaps a pecan or sugar maple.

26 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Neither one of those, they are both way too strong, and the mesquite would be downright nasty.....Alder for salmon.  or perhaps a pecan or sugar maple.

Thanks Jimbo. What about the apple suggestion?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, babadono said:

34 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Where is my bud BigStewMan?  Not moving back to LA I hope.

Babadono......Apple wood maybe?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/26/marijuana-smoked-salmon-rosenbergs-bagels_n_7444508.html 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

I'm not much of a donut fan, but this could swerve me:D

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Do like BSM.....use ketchup:D

• Like 2

28 pounds of butt, rubbed and ready for the smoker tomorrow morning.  After this photo, coated all with my wife's awesome crabapple butter, which, after 12 hours in the smoker, turns into the most incredible "bark" you've ever tasted.  Annual neighborhood party on Saturday.  Bringing out the garage La Scala's.  More photos to follow.  @CECAA850 @oldtimer

IMG_4208.JPG

• Like 3