Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

15 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Never seen that brand.  I hope it doesn't have msg, so many do.  How many people are you feeding?  Crabapple butter sounds interesting.

You've never seen Texjoy?  Next time I send some peppers I'll throw a bottle in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

28 pounds of butt, rubbed and ready for the smoker tomorrow morning.  After this photo, coated all with my wife's awesome crabapple butter, which, after 12 hours in the smoker, turns into the most incredible "bark" you've ever tasted.  Annual neighborhood party on Saturday.  Bringing out the garage La Scala's.  More photos to follow.  @CECAA850 @oldtimer

IMG_4208.JPG

I once rubbed 28lbs. of butt many, many years ago. She was a "plus size" girl.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

You've never seen Texjoy?  Next time I send some peppers I'll throw a bottle in.

I actually haven't.  I make my own rubs, so I guess I don't get out much.  BTW, when you said big bottle of green, did you mean a quart?  I am hoping to get some sauce made this month, supplies depending...

Never seen that brand.  I hope it doesn't have msg, so many do.  How many people are you feeding?  Crabapple butter sounds interesting.

No msg in this one. Carl turned me on to the tex-joy brand, and it is really good. Probably 50 people or more will show up, but there will be so much other food, salads appetizers desserts etc., it's always more than enough…
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

No msg in this one. Carl turned me on to the tex-joy brand, and it is really good. Probably 50 people or more will show up, but there will be so much other food, salads appetizers desserts etc., it's always more than enough…

So is this kind of a back handed invite? 

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

28 pounds of butt, rubbed and ready for the smoker tomorrow morning.  

Have you ever tried yellow mustard, after first rubbed and to hold more seasoning after applied ? 

Totally off topic here but I wanted your opinion.  I found a Marantz SR 8002 on Craigslist locally that the seller says is near mint cosmetically, perfect working order.  He's asking $275.  If it is what he says I want to buy it.  It will be mainly for 2 channel, bi-amp capable, etc.  I've been watching these for awhile.  I believe it's one of the last stand alone AVR's that Marantz produced with the torodial transformer.  Thoughts?

SR8002_final_10-07.pdf

5 hours ago, ACV92 said:

Totally off topic here but I wanted your opinion.  I found a Marantz SR 8002 on Craigslist locally that the seller says is near mint cosmetically, perfect working order.  He's asking $275.  If it is what he says I want to buy it.  It will be mainly for 2 channel, bi-amp capable, etc.  I've been watching these for awhile.  I believe it's one of the last stand alone AVR's that Marantz produced with the torodial transformer.  Thoughts?

SR8002_final_10-07.pdf

Cables are needed to connect it, so it's not, "Totally off topic."  Seems like a good deal, if it's as described.

9 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I actually haven't.  I make my own rubs, so I guess I don't get out much.  BTW, when you said big bottle of green, did you mean a quart?  I am hoping to get some sauce made this month, supplies depending...

I was thinking 5 oz but let's do a pint.

7 hours ago, dtel said:

Have you ever tried yellow mustard, after first rubbed and to hold more seasoning after applied ? 

I have done yellow mustard when smoking a large pork belly, but not on a butt.  I normally make my own rubs as well, but this Tex-Joy rub is particularly good.

57 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Sure, my address is:

1122  Boogie Woogie Avenue, 

Indiana

GPS has you in its sights - on the way.

And since LS and KHorns are the best you have to offer, Jubes will be our contribution to the festivities  -  and better sound!!

1 minute ago, richieb said:

GPS has you in its sights - on the way.

And since LS and KHorns are the best you have to offer, Jubes will be our contribution to the festivities  -  and better sound!!

Those will be tough to fit on the grill, but I'll give it a shot....

Looking forward to your visit.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I have done yellow mustard when smoking a large pork belly, but not on a butt.  I normally make my own rubs as well, but this Tex-Joy rub is particularly good.

Never tried Tex-Joy, made my own but will try it. I have only used mustard on pork butts, the first time I thought I was going to ruin it but it turned out great, no mustard taste at all just nice bark. I don't cook pork butts alot because they take so long and I am not going to get up early to start them.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dtel said:

Never tried Tex-Joy, made my own but will try it. I have only used mustard on pork butts, the first time I thought I was going to ruin it but it turned out great, no mustard taste at all just nice bark. I don't cook pork butts alot because they take so long and I am not going to get up early to start them.

Could you start them late in the day, let them cook overnight?

• Like 1