Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

^^^^^

Yeah I've seen the Girls before. Certainly more competent than yours truly, at least one of them is, but no thanks. As chauvanist as this sounds they can work on their girly Mustangs and Camaros but give me an All Men's Garage to work on my Big Block Dodge Hemi. A Mans Machine --- 

• Like 2

I have never heard of either of those car shows. I tend not to watch any of the current cable networks car stuff.

I was watching the Mecum auction from Harrisburg PA last night, when I noticed on a particular vehicle the bidding came to a halt at $160,000 with the auctioneer asking for a $165,000 raise.

A bidder bid $161,000 and was promptly told by the auctioneer that was not acceptable as he was raising it in $5000 increments.

So the vehicle hammered at $160,000 and not sold to the highest bidder.

If I was the seller I think I would have had something to say to the auctioneer that probably would not have been fit for the television audience.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2017 at 10:35 AM, twistedcrankcammer said:

You ever ride behind a Cammer yet??

Rog

2 hours ago, richieb said:

^^^^^

Yeah I've seen the Girls before. Certainly more competent than yours truly, at least one of them is, but no thanks. As chauvanist as this sounds they can work on their girly Mustangs and Camaros but give me an All Men's Garage to work on my Big Block Dodge Hemi. A Mans Machine --- 

twisted will tell you different...

• Like 2

Enjoying cool "up north" kind of weather and a Shorts IPA while unboxing the woofers for my "Super Heresy" project under the tutelage of @ClaudeJ1.  Picked up a 4x8 sheet of Baltic birch plywood.  My friend at the lumberyard said new tariffs are sending the already high price of Baltic even higher. I'm building cabinets for the Super Hs.

The Duratexed Heresy pair are my son's .  I'm in the process of making them into "Faux-Pro" with Speakon, folding handles and Duratex.

My craft beer snob son scorned the Shorts and accused me of drinking Heineken, which recently took a stake in Shorts.

shorts.jpg

Duratex.jpg

woofer_back.jpg

woofer_front.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Enjoying cool "up north" kind of weather and a Shorts IPA while unboxing the woofers for my "Super Heresy" project under the tutelage of @ClaudeJ1.  Picked up a 4x8 sheet of Baltic birch plywood.  My friend at the lumberyard said new tariffs are sending the already high price of Baltic even higher. I'm building cabinets for the Super Hs.

The Duratexed Heresy pair are my son's .  I'm in the process of making them into "Faux-Pro" with Speakon, folding handles and Duratex.

My craft beer snob son scorned the Shorts and accused me of drinking Heineken, which recently took a stake in Shorts.

shorts.jpg

Duratex.jpg

woofer_back.jpg

woofer_front.jpg

can't tell if that's a speaker...

or a napkin dispenser

images.jpg

Duratex.jpg.0eb2818fe1f1a50a638356cfb08271a2.jpg

• Like 5

@mungkiman 

You are looking at a well worn H1 cabinet that has had the edges and corners rounded by a router.  Folding handles will go in the cutouts.  The cabinet is upside down.  The back -- facing camera -- is taped and papered to keep Duratex off the back, for now.  Soon you will be able to see the finished result.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

Visually, I don't even understand how this image is real...

3 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

@mungkiman 

You are looking at a well worn H1 cabinet that has had the edges and corners rounded by a router.  Folding handles will go in the cutouts.  The cabinet is upside down.  The back is taped and papered to keep Duratex off the back, for now.  Soon you will be able to see the finished product.

it's a napkin dispenser !

image.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

morning coffee watching

all girls garage 

OMG... 

1:37 into the video.....Clamping a brake hose!!! NEVER... That is a rookie move! esp with Vise grips. Wouldn't happen in my shop. let the fluid leak out BFD. I can replace a caliper and not even get a drop of brake fluid on my shop floor. I really can't believe that's on video. It's just something a true seasoned tech would never do.

and that's "Bogie" Sarah Lateiner she has a shop somewhere out west. She has been profiled in one of my auto trade mags. 

MKP :-)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

OMG... 

1:37 into the video.....Clamping a brake hose!!! NEVER... That is a rookie move! esp with Vise grips. Wouldn't happen in my shop. let the fluid leak out BFD. I can replace a caliper and not even get a drop of brake fluid on my shop floor. I really can't believe that's on video. It's just something a true seasoned tech would never do.

and that's "Bogie" Sarah Lateiner she has a shop somewhere out west. She has been profiled in one of my auto trade mags. 

if you think that I care if their competent mechanics....I don't

think so...I watch from time to time..

for Christy Lee !!!!

the only other show I watch..

is graveyard carz....

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

OMG... 

Nothing wrong with clamping a brake hose with the proper tool but i agree Vice Grips are a no no as you can easily apply too much pressure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mungkiman said:

To my eye, the speaker appears to be floating, and it's only Monday...

Wait until Thursday.  I'll make it spin.

Don't tell Penn & Teller, but the floating illusion is due to 1.5" of plywood between the paper covering a stool and the cabinet.

IMG_0155.JPG

• Like 2