Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Congrats Ceptor!  :emotion-21:

But, with those results, you will be on a close 'watch list' ....   My first one was 10 years ago, and I am due for another now.........they found nothing and so they have me every 10 years...   You may have to have another in 5 years, or annually because of the per-cancerous finding....   It is all in the name of being safe and careful....  :)

Not to micro manage, but DO watch your red meat intake.....   That is all.........  :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Congrats Ceptor!  :emotion-21:

But, with those results, you will be on a close 'watch list' ....   My first one was 10 years ago, and I am due for another now.........they found nothing and so they have me every 10 years...   You may have to have another in 5 years, or annually because of the per-cancerous finding....   It is all in the name of being safe and careful....  :)

Not to micro manage, but DO watch your red meat intake.....   That is all.........  :ph34r:

Thanks Gary, I am thankful for the findings, and will keep up on the screenings.

My wife cooks a lot of chicken, fish, turkey, no red meat at all, she saw an Oprah show once about the risks of red meat:huh:

Our 2 daughters and myself will occasionally have a steak or cheeseburger, but not very often. I do like a good cheeseburger.

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Friday it is.  I just had a couple bourbons at the oldest bar in the US.  Cool place.  Any guesses where?   No googling.

OK, so you were an hour from here, if you have the time, tomorrow (Saturday or Sun) come by, Roy and Kevin are here, we will just be hanging out.

Had no idea that was the oldest bar in the US.  

4 hours ago, dtel said:

OK, so you were an hour from here, if you have the time, tomorrow (Saturday or Sun) come by, Roy and Kevin are here, we will just be hanging out.

Had no idea that was the oldest bar in the US.  

Got a lot of restaunts and bars to hit today and tomorrow but thanks for the invite.  This is where the wife wanted to go for her birthday so I'm kind of on her schedule.   Thanks for the invite.  I gotta get over to the tiki bar one day.

BTW.  Bourbon street is under major construction.   It's horrible.  You can walk one one sidewalk or the other but the road itself is fenced off. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Hello everyone...........OT............that is a VERY interesting link, thanks for sharing...   I see Rhode Island is home to the oldest Tavern!  I will be going to a concert at a restaurant/bar in Shirley, MA.  next month.   It also has quite an 'antique' history, but I did not see it on the list...

The Red Lion Inn (1773) and number 34 on that list, is a place we go by on work trips from time to time.   Have eaten there once, quite the old place for sure !

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Got a lot of restaunts and bars to hit today and tomorrow but thanks for the invite.  This is where the wife wanted to go for her birthday so I'm kind of on her schedule.

Well please tell her Happy Birthday, and it's ok it only seems bad to reach 30. 

• Moderators

I'm tired, we spent all day rewiring audio today, both 2 ch and Ht, many changes back and forth with home theater receiver, DAC feeding everything with different inputs and connections, at one point today we had a hum but now gone. Everything redone and tuned up, levels set and new sub installed with amp. It's awesome, sounds great, listened to some music for testing and a few minutes of a movie just to make sure everything was working as it should.  A few more small things to get it complete, set the HT individual speaker levels and rename a few inputs and it's done. 

It's a real pain dealing with all the different components and how each has to be connected for the best results, this would have taken me at least days by myself, probably more. The is the part of this hobby I don't care for.

• Like 2