Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

We are doing the Kenya AB. Nice medium roast peaberry.

some time back, the wife brought home a project for me...

don't get excited ... a Packard ..... piano

Needs a lot of attention.  It is pretty well dead

the wife wants it, though

any of you able to help me before I go into reverse engineering it? please and thanks

all kinds of fun , when I was there ... 35 years ago. downhill canoe races, a grand prix in downtown Anchorage .... and prolly more than a couple wet-t contests.  The end of Rondy starts the Ididarod  [spell check does not like that]

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dtel said:

Had to look that up, winter festival, once again, if your not local you have no idea. I would guess no wet t shirt contest and Rondy. :o That would hurt :blush:

Probably it's not good to type what I think sometimes.

I imagine a wet t-shirt contest during Rondy might require safety glasses - just sayin - ?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

We are doing the Kenya AB. Nice medium roast peaberry.

some time back, the wife brought home a project for me...

don't get excited ... a Packard ..... piano

Needs a lot of attention.  It is pretty well dead

the wife wants it, though

any of you able to help me before I go into reverse engineering it? please and thanks

all kinds of fun , when I was there ... 35 years ago. downhill canoe races, a grand prix in downtown Anchorage .... and prolly more than a couple wet-t contests.  The end of Rondy starts the Ididarod  [spell check does not like that]

You might want to talk with Tigerman (Gary) he hangs out over in the RTM thread.  I think he works on organs and perhaps pianos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Leaving in a little while heading to SW Louisiana, Lafayette for a few days, will try to check in. Just a few friends getting together eating, telling lies, music, the normal :pwk_bs:

Will try to remember to get a pic of what's going on.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Fur Rondy is coming Dave! I spent a couple months in Anchorage , well --- Spenard, from Christmas to the end of Feb.

nearly got blown off the hwy on/near the MatanuskaRiver in a white out.    fun

Yep - we're in the Shangri-La of the Matanuska Valley - wheee!!!

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, akdave said:

Spenard hasn't changed much sadly.  Wasilla however, is a completely different place since '82-'83.  The whole valley has a population of roughly 100,000 people now.

That must be a well populated area for Alaska , the whole state has less than 1 million. I would love to go there some day.

• Like 3

The woodchuck saw his shadow ... if that means 6 more weeks of this weather, I'm all for it.  Been 70 - 80 almost all "winter'.

I've been complaining to the wife, for some time,  about the invasive/intrusive nature of technology today....

...she will prolly think I've gone off my rocker when she starts seeing tube amps instead of SS.

41 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

The woodchuck saw his shadow ... if that means 6 more weeks of this weather, I'm all for it.  Been 70 - 80 almost all "winter'.

I've been complaining to the wife, for some time,  about the invasive/intrusive nature of technology today....

...she will prolly think I've gone off my rocker when she starts seeing tube amps instead of SS.

Your weather sounds wonderful right now to me. Wednesday is was 52, this morning we had a -12 windchill :o

I hope winter is only 6 more weeks. Of course, Phil is only 39% correct.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1