Tarheel

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

we get a average of 160 days ...

of sunshine a year...

and when it does....it makes me

unhappy....I like being miserable !

just don't mess with my coffee....

That's not true, can tell by your post, not the coffee thing, that I believe.

• Like 1

that's how I feel about SouthDakota.  Wonderful people ... Don't know why they stay there?????. 

time to toss some wood in the fire and make some mud. Domestics today. Oh boy!

Major decision today.... Ethiopian, Colombian, Sumatra or ??? beans  The choice at the Merc varies with what the roaster sends.

Vasubandu,

Crackpot and fruitcake are words that were used to describe the likes of Tesla and a few other creative geniuses.   I'm not there, yet. I don't think I am..

• Haha 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Crackpot and fruitcake are words that were used to describe the likes of Tesla and a few other creative geniuses.   I'm not there, yet. I don't think I am..

True, and 3 billion other crackpots and fruitcakes, Tesla, Einstein, Bell and others, I have to agree with you, your not quite there yet, so close but no.

:unsure::P

• Haha 2

It looked like that for an hour or so yesterday. The sun came out and it was all a bad [day] dream.  The weather should fair up for your wedding. The street fair and golf will be done. I see 80 in the forecast next week.

seems my sisters have a wager on how long it will take me to get that equipment down here.  Think they have already crossed off Sept  HaHaHa

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Yesterday it was 60 in Southeast Michigan.  Today it’s doing this . . .

Move out of that state like all the sane people do. Besides you are old, shouldn't you be in Florida by now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The city of Utica has declared a snow emergency beginning at 8 a.m. Friday, and it will remain in effect until further notice.

Vehicles must be off city streets by 8 a.m. Friday to allow for snow removal and safe passage of emergency services. Overnight parking permits aren’t applicable during snow emergencies.

The city is urging no unnecessary travel on city streets due to potentially dangerous road conditions, and they’re also urging caution in case of damaged tree limps and potential power outages.

Vehicles left on city streets after 8 a.m. Friday will be subject to ticketing and towing at the owner’s expense.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, rplace said:

Move out of that state like all the sane people do. Besides you are old, shouldn't you be in Florida by now?

This is on purpose.  It drives away those who don't know how to turn off their blinker.

On another note, I misplaced my sponsor's number and just made made a counteroffer on a pair of KP-201s.  I hope it's rejected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

This is on purpose.  It drives away those who don't know how to turn off their blinker.

On another note, I misplaced my sponsor's number and just made made a counteroffer on a pair of KP-201s.  I hope it's rejected.

There is a pair of KP-301s about 15-20 minutes from me. I have zero need for them, but I still want them. Decent price. I've not reached out yet...but I'm getting the shakes. Gotta find a meeting - my sponsor stopped calling me back.:unsure:

• Haha 4

• Moderators
19 hours ago, dirtmudd said:
19 hours ago, WillyBob said:

actually, I am practicing "eccentric".  Now, I just need some $$$

you can start selling body parts..

So there is a place that buys old used up body parts, that's good to know, can they have recently become room temp ? Just trying to figure out what my wife can do with mine, a couple dollars is better then paying to discard what's left. :unsure:

• Haha 2

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

The city of Utica has declared a snow emergency beginning at 8 a.m. Friday, and it will remain in effect until further notice.

Vehicles must be off city streets by 8 a.m. Friday to allow for snow removal and safe passage of emergency services. Overnight parking permits aren’t applicable during snow emergencies.

The city is urging no unnecessary travel on city streets due to potentially dangerous road conditions, and they’re also urging caution in case of damaged tree limps and potential power outages.

Vehicles left on city streets after 8 a.m. Friday will be subject to ticketing and towing at the owner’s expense.

You just have bad luck sometimes, sounds like the same warning we get if one snowflake falls within 100 miles of here.

• Like 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

hunker down and toss a log in the fire.  Snowed in isn't so bad. No electricity is a killer

Not if you have a wood heater and a new or good LF.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, dtel said:

So there is a place that buys old used up body parts, that's good to know, can they have recently become room temp ? Just trying to figure out what my wife can do with mine, a couple dollars is better then paying to discard what's left. :unsure:

I have a low mileage brain.... everything else is pretty well wore out

the right hand doesn't get much use. Picking nose is about it. It does get a little more beat up than the left. I save my dominant hand for important things ... like eating

• Like 1
  • Haha 2