Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Because I know it's all going to turn to slush.

Yea but it's beautiful until it warms up 

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

It's like riding against a hair dryer.  You can't ride fast enough to cool off.  

And when I ride, I follow the rule ATGATT...all the gear all the time.

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Easily.  I see that picture and think, "Looks pretty as a picture, but being there has to suck." 

Today, we will have some blue skies mixed with some clouds and a high of 76 degrees.  That's what I'm talking about. ;)  

The winter isn't so bad unless it get's super cold and windy. There's something magical waking up to that site though, especially around Christmas.

76 and a bright blue sky does sound perfect to me, I wish we had 10 months a year of that (I work outside)

I just like the change in weather, it just adds a little spice. I'm not sure what area of the US has the best climate for me, I do like it around here. We get some 110 degree heat index days, and they're brutal, but I know a lice col down is coming.

My prefect weather would be, a low at night of 60, and a high during the day of 78....where would that be?

• Like 2

Hawaii

It can get a little warmer when the trades shutdown or you get "Kona" winds.

being from up north

I can appreciate a white winter. It's not the snow  ... it's cold 

I know that 25` and snow is much more comfortable than 35` and rain. That is horrible

I've been down here too long. I can already hear the comments

"no kidding ... he has definitely taken too much sun"  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

WOW....that is nice weather, and it only rains 22 day a year. 

That's it......I'm moving 

The highs listed during the summer months are not accurate nearer the ocean, I would subtract 7 to 10 degrees from those stated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Snow is like homemade soup, it's often better the next day.

IMG_0454 (Medium).JPG

Have you been drinking that Flint water Neil?  I was just out walking in the slushy, muddy remnant of our recent snowfall.  Throw in that it’s now freezing into an ice that hates me, makes walking perilous (except for me ... I move like a dancer). Snow is only good in pictures. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Snow is like homemade soup, it's often better the next day.

Or in pictures.

Not really, we travel sometimes to see snow, I just would not want snow and cold many months out the year, it is pretty.

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, WillyBob said:

try to catch up

internet was down

Mine was working, problem was last night I spilled a drink on the keyboard, cleaned it up and it worked fine. This morning half of the keys didn't work, had to go get a new one, some buttons are in different places, really messing me up

• Sad 1

Pepsi Syndrome. I lost bits and pieces of my old laptop keyboard. Went to onscreen.

for a hunt-n-pecker works... kinda

oh... before I derail myself

I can see snow from the house ... in the SantaRitas and on KittPeak.  That as close as I need. I spose I could visit it ... but why?

there is are ski trails and a lift 45min drive from Tucson on MountLemmon ... again.. why?

was talking to a friend about our internet. I was figuring someone 25miles from here, with a backhoe Oops'd a cable. Nah... rodent chewed it.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You get the yellow slushie.  

I had one of those already, they called it apple but it tasted like I would imagine antifreeze would taste like. :emotion-41:

1 minute ago, dtel said:

I had one of those already, they called it apple but it tasted like I would imagine antifreeze would taste like. :emotion-41:

You're obviously not from the snow belt.  Here's a tip if you ever visit there.  Don't eat or drink anything made from yellow snow.

You're welcome.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1