Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Oh, pollen...

we have dust like that.

Gardeners,

I know it's early for many. Some of us are well into planning and soil prep.

to the point

Favorite tomato

I tend toward heirloom varieties.  Brandywine and PurpleCalabash are my favorites. The Calabash is prolly the ugliest tom I have ever seen. Purple outside. Green inside, and a flavor that is not for folks that do not like tomato.  Very Robust.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Oh, pollen...

we have dust like that.

Gardeners,

to the point

Favorite tomato

I tend toward heirloom varieties.  Brandywine and PurpleCalabash are my favorites. The Calabash is prolly the ugliest tom I have ever seen. Purple outside. Green inside, and a flavor that is not for folks that do not like tomato.  Very Robust.

Tomatoes........reminds me of the "Got Tomatoes?" thread I started years ago that went on for awhile.  I think it was Winchester 21 that introduced me to heirlooms. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dtel said:

About an hour before sunset I walked out to the bar to get in a hammock and listen to some music. This is what the top of the bar looked like, I wiped it off 2 days ago.

DSC_4679_3116.JPG

I eny your handwriting Elden . . . If not your spelling. :) OBTW, pollen is spelled correctly and I enjoy your creative spelling; keep it coming friend.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Tomatoes........reminds me of the "Got Tomatoes?" thread I started years ago that went on for awhile.  I think it was Winchester 21 that introduced me to heirlooms. 

I feel the same about most of the apples we see now.

gimme a Winesap or Mac. Not that I won't take a Pippin or Jonathon, if presented.

"Delicious" apples.  I can't use words to describe my opinion of them here ...

• Like 1

On the subject of handwriting, Elden’s is artistic.  It’s uniform and attractive.  He could be a sign painter.  My handwriting is awful.

I feel there is a strong genetic component to handwriting.  My handwriting looks a lot like that of my father and my brother.   For that reason, I gave up trying to improve my handwriting.

My wife’s handwriting is beautiful, neat, and legible, yet she couldn’t draw a decent picture at gunpoint.  I, on the other hand, can draw very well — must be my last name:rolleyes: — but my handwriting is pathetic.  A friend of mine has beautiful, but essentially illegible, handwriting.  He might as well be writing Chinese characters.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

On the subject of handwriting, Eldon’s is artistic.  It’s uniform and attractive.  He could be a sign painter.  My handwriting is awful.

I feel there is a strong genetic component to handwriting.  My handwriting looks a lot like that of my father and my brother.   For that reason, I gave up trying to improve my handwriting.

My wife’s handwriting is beautiful, neat, and legible, yet she couldn’t draw a decent picture at gunpoint.  I, on the other hand, can draw very well — must be my last name:rolleyes: — but my handwriting is pathetic.  A friend of mine has beautiful, but essentially illegible, handwriting.  He might as well be writing Chinese characters.

chicken scratch

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Oh, pollen...

we have dust like that.

Gardeners,

to the point

Favorite tomato

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

beefsteaks. 

https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/fresh-mozzarella-and-tomato-salad/9b774d90-75b5-4356-a4ea-686c9ba174f3

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I eny your handwriting Eldon . . . If not your spelling. :) OBTW, pollen is spelled correctly and I enjoy your creative spelling; keep it coming friend.

That's not how I write, that's one finger, if I use a pen or pencil it would be hard to read, I have no idea why. Spelling is a real problem for me when I don't pay attention (like here) I spell things the way they sound. Before I posted the pic I thought I spelled it wrong so I checked.  :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

On the subject of handwriting, Eldon’s is artistic.  It’s uniform and attractive.  He could be a sign painter.  My handwriting is awful.

With one finger or it sucks, and I am a sign painter now,  but I cheat I use a stencil and spray paint. :blush: I actually write so rarely when I have to write my name or anything else I have to go very slow as to be able to read it.

The sign painting was an accident my wife does embroidery, sewing and vinyl for shirts and cars or whatever they want. She seen a sign she wanted and asked me to maker her one so I did. She put in her facebook page where she sells stuff and it took off. About 6 months later she said you should number them to know how many you have done so i started, it's over 300 now. That sign has changed, some lines are bigger and different and look better than that first one. Not all signs are like that one, whatever people want I make. We like working from home, the etching came right after signs, I was trying to work myself into stuff I could do at home.

The first sign

DSC_4691_3125.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Everybody does, it's the french way to spell it, you should see how people spell and pronounce my last name. :lol: Luquet french would be luquette

This is a etched mirror we did for Rodney, he owns the place where we have the Pilgrimage. This was a gift with other things from forum members for taking care of us.

Rodney and his daughter

rodneys_place-080.JPG

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dtel said:

With one finger or it sucks, and I am a sign painter now,  but I cheat I use a stencil and spray paint. :blush: I actually write so rarely when I have to write my name or anything else I have to go very slow as to be able to read it.

The sign painting was an accident my wife does embroidery, sewing and vinyl for shirts and cars or whatever they want. She seen a sign she wanted and asked me to maker her one so I did. She put in her facebook page where she sells stuff and it took off. About 6 months later she said you should number them to know how many you have done so i started, it's over 300 now. That sign has changed, some lines are bigger and different and look better than that first one. Not all signs are like that one, whatever people want I make. We like working from home, the etching came right after signs, I was trying to work myself into stuff I could do at home.

The first sign

DSC_4691_3125.JPG

40 year anniversary coming up....you can't forget that one! Congrats 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1