Obtaining new lawn chairs / cooler
Washing the truck
Packing
Etc, etc
Might be a full day
Departing zero dark thirty in the AM
See ya there

• Like 3

It took forever but seems like spring is in full bloom and summer not far behind. Stopped off at the local booze-o-rama yesterday and picked up the first bottle of Pimm's for the season. So many variants of the No 1 cup. I'm a fan of Pimm's, Gin, muddled cucumber/mint and Sanpellegrino Limonatha with bitters. If I'm not wanting to make a mess and keep it easy Pimms/Limonatha/bitters. Not as big a fan with Ginger ale, but still good.

Any fans of Pimm's here? Amazing how mixed properly it is a great cocktail, strait up it is like cough medicine.

fwx-pimms-4.jpg

• Like 5

Looks like some tasty drinks there rplace.  Good presentation and photography too.

19 old geezers for breakfast this morning.  Mostly school chums.

First 90 degree day so far.  Checked the bubble out of LF's garage.

Have a great weekend and for you heading to Hope be safe!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Looks like some tasty drinks there rplace.  Good presentation and photography too.

Sorry can't claim credit for that great photog, I lifted it from the Interwebs. Does make me thirsty, though.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

We have that plus the humidity was 91% when I left the house.  South wind out of the Gulf which is normal for us.

Is this a little early for Texas to be this warm? Do you folks have a spring?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Is this a little early for Texas to be this warm? Do you folks have a spring?

Actually we had a spring this year.  Several cold fronts uncharacteristically came through.  When it's over, it's over though.  Heat and high humidity are the order of the day.  On the bright side, hurricane season starts in 3 weeks. 

• Like 5

I used to work at a campground. There was the customary No Shirt No Shoes No Service sign.  It was all self-serve anyway.  And when the dancers moved to the park... Fishnet tops with 2in net. Why bother? They were wearing more when they strolled to the shower with nothing but a towel draped over their shoulder.

I think I mentioned I used to hang with bikers and dated a house mother at a "gentlemen's club". I'm left handed, too.

Poster child for ADHD. That PSA they were running, fit me to a "T". I grew out of it, sorta

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, rplace said:

My version

Is that a mounding japanese maple in the pic, red ?

Drinks look good, I think I tried that before but don't remember what it tasted like, I kind of remember liking the cough medicine taste. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

we used Kahlua for cough syrup. We could get it for $4.25/qt across the line........ seemed to have colds often HaHaHa

Mescal con Gusano was $2.50

I remember when I was little if we coughed just once my aunt would give us a tablespoon of whisky with a sugar cube in it or a little honey instead of the sugar. Not really correct today.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dtel said:

I remember when I was little if we coughed just once my aunt would give us a tablespoon of whisky with a sugar cube in it or a little honey instead of the sugar. Not really correct today.  

And over the counter... Cough syrup

Contained codeine or cocaine when

You were little.. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, dtel said:

Is that a mounding japanese maple in the pic, red ?

Elden, surely don’t call him Red.  His name is Rich. 😊

• Haha 3