Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

You mean snow mobile... Centrifugal clutch...

Like I know about snowmobiles, :o never touched one in my life. :lol:

These are for go karts and I would guess MUCH cheaper than anything on a snowmobile.

http://www.reliablegokarts.com/transmission.htm

Or Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/VEVOR-Torque-Converter-Small-Engine/dp/B01LNH23IK/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1526274718&sr=8-15&keywords=go+cart+transmission

• Haha 2

• Moderators

OK we packed up the car tonight except for a couple things and it's FULL. Went to go round up a few more things to bring out in the AM so we can leave, went back to the car a few minutes later to check something and it locked itself, of course with the keys in it. That's when you get that dumbass feeling, no extra key, will fix that stupid move tomorrow. 

Try the old coat hanger trick, no luck getting it in on the side of the window, something blocking it ? So we start calling lock people to come out and of course you leave a message no one answers. So I try a longshot, trying to get the coat hanger now with a point on the end to snag the flat little button you pull up to unlock, after 5 minutes of this it worked. I was kind of shocked and happy I probably saved $100, this made me happy. :) The car use to have Onstar so she called to reactivate it, you have to be in the car to press the button to activate, so that was no good.

I highly doubt it but am hoping it's the last stupid thing I do all week, if nothing else there will be plenty witnesses when I screw up next. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Don't rule out a cameo from me at the pilgrimage. If I can sweet talk the wife out of the new car for a few days...

If I have one day there ... Sat or Sun  - which is better?      @Opus and @Ceptorman  when are you guys headed out?

Last night, my sister in law came over. Someone gave her some table glasses, so the she and wife were looking at them.

SIL sez, "Here's one that has a marijuana leaf on it"

Wife looks at it, "Yeah, that IS a MARIJUANA LEAF"

Let ME look at it ... "Ummmmmm, girls, that is a sand dollar etched on this glass"

and they think I'm a Devo

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Don't rule out a cameo from me at the pilgrimage. If I can sweet talk the wife out of the new car for a few days...

If I have one day there ... Sat or Sun  - which is better?      @Opus and @Ceptorman  when are you guys headed out?

Last night, my sister in law came over. Someone gave her some table glasses, so the she and wife were looking at them.

SIL sez, "Here's one that has a marijuana leaf on it"

Wife looks at it, "Yeah, that IS a MARIJUANA LEAF"

Let ME look at it ... "Ummmmmm, girls, that is a sand dollar etched on this glass"

and they think I'm a Devo

I think I read in the Pilgrimage info that everyone pulls out early on Sunday so Saturday would be the day to be there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

did we get improved materials or settle for planned obsolescence?

will they figure out the seals for the Wankel eventually?.

these girls are from the midwest. My wife is not a water baby. Her sister??? Don't think she has seen salt water.

Me ... not so much now ... but, if there is water, I am there. I dreamed SeaHunt when I was a kid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

I think I read in the Pilgrimage info that everyone pulls out early on Sunday so Saturday would be the day to be there.

Friday and Saturday are the two big days.  Hoping the weather will be cooperative this year....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I'm headed to Hope Thursday AM.  I'm afraid we've gotten a little short on time for relaying the La Scalas.

@Ceptorman Are you still thinking you can get WillyBob's La Scalas to St. Louis?

@MookieStl said he could get them to Lebanon, MO.  That's a 3 hour one way trip for me.  I don't mind doing that, but not sure I can work it in between now and Thursday morning.

Also if you don't have someone lined up to get them across Texas,  where would they go once they get to Hope?

• Like 1

--- been checking Hope weather for a possible trip down on the bike. Friday showed 95 and possible t-storms. It's not the rain but the mud pit aftermath that concerns me. A half-mile of slick bumpy mud and a 700 lb.road bike do not mix near as well as a Carl shaker. Four wheels does seem the most prudent yet disappointing at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

I just heard from an early arrival that Rodney is now a vegetarian.  But there's a lot of ways to prepare soy and alfalfa spouts though none come to me just now😑

He can still cook it even if he won't eat it.;)

• Like 1