Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

26 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Heck I'd even settle for a pop in from Carl😜

You know I'm not that easy to get rid of.

Been getting the house ready as next week my 4 brothers and families are descending on Beaumont.  My 14 month old pool pump decided to crap out on me so I've had to get it back up and running.  The motor came in yesterday and I got it running last night.  This past weekend my wife decided that she wanted to refinish all our wooden patio furniture so guess who had to sand them all down?  I've also ordered patio string lights so they'll be going up soon as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mornin' All

Y'all [that live up "north"] know how that bluebird sky in the winter is a trick  --  it's -17`F  ....

we get a similar type thing here in the summer ....  When the sky turns from blue to indigo - same trick. Opposite end of the thermometer.

Indigo skies  -- 105`F +

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Likely going to cook a few racks of ribs tonight with a new method.  Will let you know how it works out.....

No your not going to get away with not saying what the new method is, I have tried only 2 different methods and always looking for better ways. The first method was just smoke them, it's OK but not the best. The second was the 3-2-1 method and works much better than just smoking. Did some ribs a week or so ago, there addictive. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

I like his ribs ok but he really grills them, about 350 degree, way to hot to be considered smokings. He asked me to watch his smoker once, came back and seen it was at 225 and freaked out saying it should be between 350-375, I said oh you want to grill them and not smoke them, and he just stood there giving me that what are you talking about looks.  

To him if they are on the smoker they are being smoked, he asked where did I come up with 225 and I said look it up, above 225 is not smoking. 

I had to cover my back side and tell him his ribs are good but not really what would be called smoked, but they were good, he was ok with that. When he gives you that sideways smile your OK, if not be prepared to completely explain and prove why.  He looked it up and was fine, but then said i like 350, I said just keep doing them like you like, they are good. :lol:

When we go back next time I want to smoke him some ribs and a pork loin and see what he thinks, just for fun, on his smoker. 

Now I do agree if your trying to cook for  100+ people you have alot to do in a short period of time, and he does well at that. Time before last, after Pilgrimage was all over we were talking and he said "that's the most people I have ever cooked for". I told him he did great, this year he said "I think I beat my own record for the amount of people"  he was right, and he did good. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

You know I'm not that easy to get rid of.

Been getting the house ready as next week my 4 brothers and families are descending on Beaumont.  My 14 month old pool pump decided to crap out on me so I've had to get it back up and running.  The motor came in yesterday and I got it running last night.  This past weekend my wife decided that she wanted to refinish all our wooden patio furniture so guess who had to sand them all down?  I've also ordered patio string lights so they'll be going up soon as well.

P-A-R-T-Y at Carl's. With this many guests 1 more martini should be no problem:). Was that 14 month old pump? Hope you meant years.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Rodney's brisket and pulled pork was VERY tasty but I agree with Elden on the ribs.  I like ribs all kind of ways but smoked and a good sauce is my preferred way.

Well, you guys are going to enjoy this new method.  It's a bit odd, but looks like it's going to be good.  i promise to tell you all about it.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, dtel said:

Now I do agree if your trying to cook for  100+ people you have alot to do in a short period of time, and he does well at that. Time before last, after Pilgrimage was all over we were talking and he said "that's the most people I have ever cooked for". I told him he did great, this year he said "I think I beat my own record for the amount of people"  he was right, and he did good. 

Amen and..... Amen. He did spectacular. Please make sure he knows it.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, babadono said:

P-A-R-T-Y at Carl's. With this many guests 1 more martini should be no problem:). Was that 14 month old pump? Hope you meant years.

You know it'll be a party.  We have a tasting lined up at a local winery next Thursday.  I've known the owner for years.  We'll get to sample 13 wines while we're there.  That should kick things off.

Yes, 14 MONTHS:pwk_bs:

• Like 5

I was very impressed with how Rodney's whole crew had the process from cooking to serving down so smoothly and professionally. It is NOT easy!

Doing brisket today. Put in on about 0730. It's at around 191 at the moment and probably another couple of hours to get to 205 since I am smoking at 225. Of course, at that temp, the hotter the meat gets the slower the temp rises.  

Have potatoes boiled and cooled for southern mustard potato salad. As per the custom of my area, I use Miracle Whip instead of mayo. No Yankee comments, please. Pinto beans and fresh bread. All for my son and me...SO glad to have him home! He has his goal set as the Naval Academy. That would make me a very proud man, indeed.

Dave

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You know it'll be a party.  We have a tasting lined up at a local winery next Thursday.  I've known the owner for years.  We'll get to sample 13 wines while we're there.  That should kick things off.

Yes, 14 MONTHS:pwk_bs:

Who's the DD? Or are you getting a Limo?

14 months, jeez. 2 months after warranty expired?

• Like 4