Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Son taking his CNA certification test this morning (he'll be a H.S. senior next year). We are going for haircuts after he's done.
Taking son and daughter to a Hook's baseball game tonight with a group from work.

• Like 6

• Moderators

Nothing much, put off smoking 4 pork butts until tomorrow I guess, didn't feel like it today, stayed up way to late last night. They say a high of 930 today, OK 93 but it feels like 930 in the sun. Might cut some grass later, it has a roof so I will be in shade, maby ?

• Like 4

It's beauty of a day to make jerky. 102` and it's breezy

We are having a "down day". Kid went to Tucson with her dad. She all birthdayed up. 4 today. Got a paw patrol toy.  I made her spaghetti with chicken sauce. That was last night.  She got pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast.

She was funny last night. Her mom popped in to take her to a magic show. She was in the middle of her plate and her mom is trying to get her to go ..."Mom, I eating!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

She all birthdayed up. 4 today. Got a paw patrol toy

Man I know all about paw patrol, our 4 year old can watch it on netflix all day, one of the few things that slow him down, he use to like peppa pig. He ask me paw paw can you put on flix ?

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

She was funny last night. Her mom popped in to take her to a magic show. She was in the middle of her plate and her mom is trying to get her to go ..."Mom, I eating!"

Smart girl, moms schedule is not going to cut into her eating. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

OK looking for volunteers, I figure at the very least Tarheel and a few others would be willing to try it. Apparently it's a scientific thing, were going to call it that anyway. :o It is kind of interesting and strange. :unsure2: You can't make this stuff up, nobody would believe you, I guess it was more fun than just putting a speaker next to their stomach ?

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/06/22/scientists-piped-music-into-womens-wombs-to-see-if-fetuses-like-freddie-mercury.html

Scientists piped music into women's wombs to see if fetuses like Freddie Mercury

By Brandon Specktor | LiveScience

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, dtel said:

OK looking for volunteers, I figure at the very least Tarheel and a few others would be willing to try it. Apparently it's a scientific thing, were going to call it that anyway. :o It is kind of interesting and strange. :unsure2: You can't make this stuff up, nobody would believe you, I guess it was more fun than just putting a speaker next to their stomach ?

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/06/22/scientists-piped-music-into-womens-wombs-to-see-if-fetuses-like-freddie-mercury.html

Scientists piped music into women's wombs to see if fetuses like Freddie Mercury

By Brandon Specktor | LiveScience

"Using a special intravaginal speaker..."

It's the next product from Klipsch, and will be promoted by the punk group Pu$$y Riot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/22/2018 at 12:27 AM, Mallette said:

Trivia: About the same distance as Texarkana to Chicago. I live in Texarkana, and lived in El Paso as well. Swamp cooler in El Paso at 115 feels better than AC in TXK at 95. 

Dave

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Was just thinking

we have all heard of gramophone ... all we talk about is our "grandpa-phones"

the difference between the RCA dog and the memorex ad with the guy in front of the stereo ... hair blowing straight back

no, I didn't spend a lot of time on that one. HaHaHa

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, WillyBob said:

It's beauty of a day to make jerky. 102` and it's breezy

Couldn't you just hang it outside in a  screen box to keep out bugs, the heat and humidity should do it ? 

9 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

my one kitten seems to enjoy watching the FIFA on tv. She very intently watched...for 15 minutes.

The wife knows you call her that ? :huh: 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, dtel said:

Couldn't you just hang it outside in a  screen box to keep out bugs, the heat and humidity should do it ? 

not even that complicated ... salt it and hang it on the clothesline.  It will dry before the bug get to enjoy it.

tbh

a little evaporative cooling refrigerator [a screen box with many shelves] came with the place, among other relics of a simpler time....it would work fine for drying.  Its original function was to cool eggs. Wrap the screen box in cheesecloth and keep it moist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Bourbon and munchies look good.  Never did the cigar thing.  Actually tried it at Bluesboy's house once.....not for me.

I might smoke a cigar 3 or 4 times a year.  Sometimes less than that.  Normally I can do about a half a cigar then have to put it our as I start to get dizzy.  Lol.  We made a couple stops last night and after the last stop I told her she needed to drive home.  She had been jonesin to drive the M2 anyways. 

• Like 2