Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

We're getting our afternoon shower. Rolling in from the east. Nice thing about hill country. Gives some perspective. You see them disappearing and it gives some manner of reference. Came in big drops. The ones that splat

Needless to say, the fan is off. Windows open [on the lee side]. And if lightning doesn't hit the house, we'll be good.

Several blue flashes and you can't stop from jumping, even when you know it's gonna bang real loud.

our weather warning systems, we use two are high tech -- "searching for signal on satellite 1 and 2", and LOW tech. LOW tech = Look Out Window.Visibility is pretty good. 50 -60 miles [usta be] .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

Thank You Paul and Amanda for inviting us, it was a a great wedding at the perfect place. Everything was perfect and I hope you two are happy and do it all over again for your 50th anniversary.  

I thought it was an amazing place but until I got home and looked it up I didn't realize it's 107 years old, very cool building. 1 Million dollars in 1911, it's no wonder it looks like that, oh and the lobby bar makes a great Bloody Mary. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_Galvez

HotelGalvez1911.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, rplace said:

Two double espressos before my bike ride and a cup of drip with breakfast after. Shaping up to be a good coffee day. I mere pittance for @dirtmudd Mike.:emotion-44:

I told everyone . That I cut down on

Coffee consumption...

Now I only drink coffee ... On days that end in the letter Y ...

but I do double down... On days the 

start with the letters T and S...

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, dirtmudd said:

I told everyone . That I cut down on

Coffee consumption...

Now I only drink coffee ... On days that end in the letter Y ...

but I do double down... On days the 

start with the letters T and S...

As Dirty Harry said, a man's got to know his limitations. Ys and Ts sound like the perfect starting point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, mangofirst said:

Cup of the day today is a travel version. Hubs has a doctor visit. Hoping for more effective treatment options. Brought my crochet project along, of course. 899ec31d0025b3b2500610f4c4476bda.jpg

I did not know... That travel shot glasses .. Were available...

Must be a demitasse ..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Where be Carl....lose his green card?

16 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Probably in the middle of someone's remodel project 😀

You guys know me too well.  Saturday morning I got my yard work done and the wife and I went for a ride and got lunch.  After I got home I worked in my garage the rest of the day and then yesterday.  I'm getting ready for a remodel in there.  The paint on the sheet rock is peeling horribly like it was painted with no primer.  The plan is to pull all the sheet rock out, spray the walls and underside of the roof with insulation and air condition it.  I'll put a mini split unit in.  It will also get new cabinets and the floor sealed.  My first step was going through everything and throwing out things that I didn't need.  It's taken the last 2 weekends but I finished up yesterday.  The worst part will be removing all my stuff and putting it in a storage unit. I hope to have it done by the first of the year.  Everybody here knows how slow I am with these things.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

You guys know me too well.  Saturday morning I got my yard work done and the wife and I went for a ride and got lunch.  After I got home I worked in my garage the rest of the day and then yesterday.  I'm getting ready for a remodel in there.  The paint on the sheet rock is peeling horribly like it was painted with no primer.  The plan is to pull all the sheet rock out, spray the walls and underside of the roof with insulation and air condition it.  I'll put a mini split unit in.  It will also get new cabinets and the floor sealed.  My first step was going through everything and throwing out things that I didn't need.  It's taken the last 2 weekends but I finished up yesterday.  The worst part will be removing all my stuff and putting it in a storage unit. I hope to have it done by the first of the year.  Everybody here knows how slow I am with these things.

Moisture problems... Or poor ventilation ?

• Like 1

Wow, page 1981 was a bad year for music. The best I can find is Kim Wilde's Kids in America and Stand and Deliver by Adam Ant.

1"Bette Davis Eyes"Kim Carnes

2"Endless Love"Diana Ross & Lionel Richie

3"Lady"Kenny Rogers

4"(Just Like) Starting Over"John Lennon

5"Jessie's Girl"Rick Springfield

6"Celebration"Kool & the Gang

7"Kiss on My List"Hall & Oates

8"I Love a Rainy Night"Eddie Rabbitt

9"9 to 5"Dolly Parton

10"Keep on Loving You"REO Speedwagon

EDIT: Oops, I put us onto a new page hopefully 1982 was better.

13 minutes ago, rplace said:

Wow, page 1981 was a bad year for music. The best I can find is Kim Wilde's Kids in America and Stand and Deliver by Adam Ant.

1"Bette Davis Eyes"Kim Carnes

2"Endless Love"Diana Ross & Lionel Richie

3"Lady"Kenny Rogers

4"(Just Like) Starting Over"John Lennon

5"Jessie's Girl"Rick Springfield

6"Celebration"Kool & the Gang

7"Kiss on My List"Hall & Oates

8"I Love a Rainy Night"Eddie Rabbitt

9"9 to 5"Dolly Parton

10"Keep on Loving You"REO Speedwagon

EDIT: Oops, I put us onto a new page hopefully 1982 was better.

1981 !

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discipline_(King_Crimson_album)

1982 !

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beat_(King_Crimson_album)

18 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Moisture problems... Or poor ventilation ?

Well we certainly have humidity here plus the garage is 43 years old.  There's really no ventilation most times as it stays closed.  I'm thinking of going back with OSB, primer and paint.

• Like 1