Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
3 hours ago, USNRET said:

17 hours in with temps ranging from 187-195 but the bone test says that they are close. Should be all done by the time I drop off the kiddo at school.

Looking good. 

Never trust a smoker or the person running the smoker if the inside of the smoker has no buildup, or constantly cleaned to the metal,  yours looks like you know what you're doing. Glad you got that smoker instead of the other more popular one, looks like that one is working well.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Tarheel said:

1967.....finished high school and started college.

image.thumb.png.772ccc902c437d55318920e7efdf2865.png

As I’ve said before, I compiled a playlist for three 50th reunions in 2017.  There was some excellent music from 64 - 67; there were some duds too.  All of those Top 20 are worthy.  

One of my favorites from that list is #11 The Letter by the Box Tops.  The 17 year old lead singer, Alex Chilton, made DJs wonder who the mature African-American lead singer was, rather than a white teenager.  Unfortunately, Alex Chilton died in 2010 at 59.

I read somewhere that Brown Eyed Girl is always playing somewhere at any given moment.  The sun never sets on the Van Morrison empire.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dtel said:

OK leaving in the AM to float South on a boat with a couple of friends, be back in a week. :emotion-19:

We will have at least a couple drinks for each of you, hope it's what you like. 

Have fun Eldon, hope the bad weather already rolled through. Tip a few back for me 😀

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dtel said:

OK leaving in the AM to float South on a boat with a couple of friends, be back in a week. :emotion-19:

We will have at least a couple drinks for each of you, hope it's what you like. 

weather looks ok for 72 hr's… but then again, water is wet lol, whether you're floatin' in it, or under it... Ya'll have a great time, don't forget your coffee pot and 2 lb's of Mayorga, or if you need some fishin' bait, you could always pack a spare can of McCrappee…. enjoy, we look forward to some good Post Cards and ya'lls safe return..

• Like 4

• Moderators

Thanks were going to be good, for the most part.

Parties over here for tonight, on the boat in the AM so I need to go to sleep, it's 2;25 right now. 

Will get some pics for when we get back. The real party starts tomorrow, it's going to be a rough week I can see it now between all the food and the allowed 15 drinks a day included, they say look at it as a challenge and not a limit. :lol: 

• Haha 3

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:50 PM, MookieStl said:

I was fine with #1, #2, #3, #4, or Michigan, but(t) I think Tarheel may have found the holy grail. I doubt very much if she would talk to me, or I would be able to talk if she did approach me!

Some people get irritated when a member keeps quoting and repeating the same photos but I doubt there will be any complaints here.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:52 AM, jimjimbo said:

Unfortunately she's holding a microphone for that disgraceful main stream media outlet NBC, so obviously she can't be trusted.....

Nope, still don't see the microphone! I'll keep looking!

• Haha 3

On 10/25/2018 at 6:50 PM, MookieStl said:

Some people get irritated when a member keeps quoting and repeating the same photos but I doubt there will be any complaints here.

If someone gets irritated because of the picture Tarheel posted, they need to either give up the man-card or be a little more understanding to the rest of us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

sobering cable decision solved over the weekend... I've listened to my '54 Klipschorn for 6 months, and... given the museum thoughts about preservation, restoration, and conservation... retrieved my screwdriver and installed a Bob Crites Type A after seeing my granddaughter and son cringe while listening to my old speaker with a 65 yr old crossover.... and man oh man, life restored, I am in total shock and awe with the combination of harmonics through the Stephens 15 incher, K-5-J and University SA-HF and 4401 tweeter... The old crossover is going into a glass case inside the Dining Room Hutch... the black electrical tape was my method of ensuring the strange L1 and L2 University driver polarity choice would survive... note:  no new holes drilled into the top hat and just an oak & felt stabilizer block resting under the front edge...

Type A in 1954 Klipschorn.jpg

• Like 6