Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Don't buy the ice cream anymore since she can't eat anything now, so I'll stick with the milk for now.

Powering through..... yes that's like burning the toast, scrape it off with a table knife and eat it anyhow.

Iced coffee?  How much will you pay me to do that?

They're kids starving in china this town right now so waste-not / want-not!

25 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

But OK Mr. difficult.  Brew it all and scatter the grounds around any acid loving plants, put some in the potted plants, and toss the cooled down coffee on the lawn.  That way it won't feel like wasting.

Clear the battlefield and let me see
All the profit from our victory
You talk of freedom, starving children fall
Are you deaf when you hear the season's call?

Were you there to watch the earth be scorched?
Did you stand beside the spectral torch?
Know the leaves of sorrow turned their face
Scattered on the ashes of disgrace

Every blade is sharp; the arrows fly
Where the victims of your armies lie
Where the blades of grass and arrows rain
Then there'd be no sorrow, be no pain

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

But OK Mr. difficult.  Brew it all and scatter the grounds around any acid loving plants, put some in the potted plants, and toss the cooled down coffee on the lawn.  That way it won't feel like wasting.

Difficult because I'm bright enough to understand that brewed and chilled it's still the same beans making it?

I'm a real brat then, 🏁 can't stand pickled beets, chicken gizzards or collard greens or worst of all shrimp & garlic together except for in creole!

Evergreens do like acidity you're right about that!

tree fiddy? might take more than that!

• Haha 2

I can't see anything but that iced coffee from those inferior beans as being anything but worse. Some heavy flavorings might help. ...or drink it like one approaches a Coors. Make  it ICE cold and slam it down

I feel sorry for you folks with the heat and humidity. It isn't unusual for us to see heat index over 100`.... considering the average temp is 100` and wind chill doesn't help much over 105`.

• Thanks 1

OK Mr.@WillyBob, that's odd to me that your index isn't higher over there, but we've got a cool one going on here it's 90 and kinda muggy today. Very Nice.

The grinders hopper holds less than a half pound so by next weekend I'll be back to the black that I love.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Dude, I already gave you the immediate solution.  Fine, don't listen to the wisdom of the ages...

1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

Or, lack thereof...

51 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Exactly.

😂🤣😅

Don't like iced coffee dad burnit.

Think I don't want to waste the electricity to make coffee for the plants. (bangs head smiley)

Thanks for your concern & effort😆

Da*n the grass is thick today, COLD water is good!

IMG-20190720-174052-1.jpg

@oldtimer we'll find something new next week!

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Two martinis followed by a Porterhouse steak, corn on the cob, asparagus, and later Key Lime Pie for desert.  Then a Lee Child's Jack Reacher book and an early night to bed.  Life in the slow lane..........

=== knowing how tight the two of you are, did Carl stop in for a proper shake of said Martinis 🍸?

• Haha 1

Another hectic morning, it's 1pm and I've got a shot at getting myself a shower if I leave the pc alone.

Good coffee made this jerk🚩 a happy camper through all of it.

Ten days of coffee you don't like isn't advisable!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2