Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

The AirForce has given permission for me to get loud.

conducting ait-to-air combat training [F-16's] over town.   One reason I like the A-10's, they're quiet. The F-16's are so loud, it is hard to get "a fix" on them.

I live in an A-10 flight pattern, two of them fly directly over my house about every three weeks. It's usually around 3pm, they do this about 8 months a year. They are so low I can see the pilot. I always look forward to it.

• Like 4

I enjoy seeing the pilots, too. the A-10's would buzz the lake, low and slow

the C-120/130[?] are a little intense when they come hilltop level. Impressive, too... BIG and fast

hard to see the F-16. Can't use the sound to locate them... too loud.  Might see a puff of counter measures...

• Like 2

not a fan of vodka or gin, seems like a waste of good cheese.... you can keep the green olive, also

dunno about vermouth. My dad made dry martinis.  The stopper from the vermouth was waved across the base spirit - vodka. 

I wonder how hungry they were when they noticed that olives been soaked it salt water for a year are edible.

Kinda like cranberries. Have to be extremely hungry to go those straight up.

Reflecting on Croc Dundee,"You can eat them. They taste like shyte, tho"

saw another dumb ad

and "We have a plan for every budget"

" OAC"

clouded up. Dark in the SE.... Rain is on its way

• Like 1

I'm not a very good drinker.... am I?

I do remember us solving the problem of "Who gets the worm" in the bottle of mescal. I had a couple shot of Jack every night with my BIL up in IN last  year. I have a bottle of some nice bourbon, Woodford Reserve  It don't taste good w/o company.

• Like 1

What is OAC?

28 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

not a fan of vodka or gin, seems like a waste of good cheese.... you can keep the green olive, also

dunno about vermouth. My dad made dry martinis.  The stopper from the vermouth was waved across the base spirit - vodka. 

I wonder how hungry they were when they noticed that olives been soaked it salt water for a year are edible.

Kinda like cranberries. Have to be extremely hungry to go those straight up.

Reflecting on Croc Dundee,"You can eat them. They taste like shyte, tho"

saw another dumb ad

and "We have a plan for every budget"

" OAC"

clouded up. Dark in the SE.... Rain is on its way

On 7/25/2019 at 10:37 AM, JohnJ said:

@JohnKuthe

Mother was flipping channels the other day before I read your justifiable rants above.She stopped at some hysteria laden scene where a gun had gone off accidentally and a gal on the couch had a clean bullet hole in her back. Being old B&W and people screaming I recognized it immediately...they played it for us in jr high half of us were ripped that day after lunch.

First one that knows which movie it was can have my Marantz SR68 if they come over and pick it up! 

Thought for sure another one of you old fogies would know which movie I mentioned. & that Marantz makes nice sounds for a low power ss amp.

It was "Reefer Madness"

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I have a bottle of some nice bourbon, Woodford Reserve  It don't taste good w/o company.

If you were near I'd give you my open Woodford bottle.  I love bourbon but that's not one of my faves.

• Like 1

I, OTOH, will drink any Woodford Reserve you gents care to send.  PM me for my address.

LF away for at least a week so me and the Jakester will be holding down the fort.  One project looming large is assembly of the turntable, arm, and cartridge.  Our bud, Luther fixed up the wiring issue and installed a new head shell from a Luxman table.  Will be trying out a Nagaoka cartridge, ugly green color but nice reviews.

So during Hurricane Florence LF lost 18 trees between her house and the neighbor's house.  What area use to be shaded now has sunlight so we have many weeds.  Been out this morning with a swing blade and a gallon of weed killer.  Also been doing some reading on roaches as they seem to be plentiful this year.  I hear you Texas boys are real proud of the size of your roaches and with a proper saddle can use them as transportation?  True?

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, dtel said:

Ok, in Florida, Orlando, doing nothing today, we’re good at it. 

Further South in the am, people drive crazy here, worse than N.O.

556011D2-06A8-41B3-B642-D86B189D459F.jpeg

Yes watch out for the tail Gators...

If going south Joe's Crab Shack... enjoy...

• Haha 3