Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

11 minutes ago, dtel said:

Tell her Happy Birthday, she sure does not look 95 at all.

she is the last of the mohicans..

and the one's that came after her...

are falling off like flies...

she has been at a independent living at Masonic home... for the past year or so...

https://www.acaciavillageny.org/#

they just sold her house a couple a week's ago...

I have to make it a point.. to visit more often.. I haven't seen her since March...

and she has slowed down since then..

• Like 4

• Moderators

Just read this news story. 

There was a fried chicken festival and cook off in New Orleans this past weekend, we did not go but I was surprised to see how much chicken was cooked, 300,000 pounds.  There were many vendors each doing there own thing as a competition. We usually don't go to most festivals down there because there is something going on every weekend. Last year this festival had 177,000 people, don't know about this year.  There were over 30 vendors cooking chicken, kind of wish I would have went. 

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_life/festivals/article_f4e82496-dd7b-11e9-a66d-a7dd12ce6efd.html

5d87fbc686c9e.image.jpg

• Like 5

lol

sounds like a typical itinerary for me

the rain finally happened. Announced at 3AM by a light show and some healthy thunder.

I'm stuck with the wife today. If it [the rain] comes good, I may have her tomorrow, too. Wonder if boy made to work. He works in Sasabe, too. Left out at 6:30. I have a feeling he's sitting at a wash, waiting for the tide to ebb. My guess is, he's can't get there or back.

...ever notice that nobody complains about thunder and lightning at 4AM?  Light yer stereo up at that time of day ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I'm stuck with the wife today

Like dogs stuck together, do we need to get a hose and water you down to separate you two ? :huh: dangerous little pills it seems

I was going to say congratulations. :P

5 hours ago, WillyBob said:

..ever notice that nobody complains about thunder and lightning at 4AM?  Light yer stereo up at that time of day ....

No matter what time it is I have to get up, I love bad weather, well if I wake up anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Gonna post this just cause!  Wanna talk about getting hit in the FEELS?  Why?  Slipped into the Naval Air Station @ VA Beach while on a lousy rainy family vaca and checked in at the gate like a good boy.  Kid on the Desk went back and got some dude who musta known something I didn't.  Wrote up a VIP windshield placard for the Explorer.  First stop naturally the hanger where some kid was on guard duty who naturally I joked with a bit cause he saluted me.  Ha!  Pfffft.  Couple minutes later some STUD walked outta the hanger and crawled into his ride.  Then he taxi's down the runway and takes off and goes nose up in front of us.  STRAIGHT the F up!  I was amazed so end of show right?  Nah, he'd come back by I thought.  Sure enough about 3 minutes later he does a fly by with a couple rolls and outta sight never to be seen again.  Talk about dazed and confused???  Totally!  ALL those guys can "get it"  ANY day in my book!  TOTALLY IMPRESSED!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Gonna post this just cause!  Wanna talk about getting hit in the FEELS?  Why?  Slipped into the Naval Air Station @ VA Beach while on a lousy rainy family vaca and checked in at the gate like a good boy.  Kid on the Desk went back and got some dude who musta known something I didn't.  Wrote up a VIP windshield placard for the Explorer.  First stop naturally the hanger where some kid was on guard duty who naturally I joked with a bit cause he saluted me.  Ha!  Pfffft.  Couple minutes later some STUD walked outta the hanger and crawled into his ride.  Then he taxi's down the runway and takes off and goes nose up in front of us.  STRAIGHT the F up!  I was amazed so end of show right?  Nah, he'd come back by I thought.  Sure enough about 3 minutes later he does a fly by with a couple rolls and outta sight never to be seen again.  Talk about dazed and confused???  Totally!  ALL those guys can "get it"  ANY day in my book!  TOTALLY IMPRESSED!

Not bad for the Air Force.....

Blue Angels in my book anyday.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1