Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Wiki is still a work in progress but,

yes there was a show in NYC in 68,

Which generated an album which

I posted on the Vinyl thread titled

The Yardbirds Live Featuring Jimmy Page. As recall, this was their last performance tour of the states. On the record was a couple or more songs that hinted shades or shapes of LZ. Thinking grasshopper is correct in saying that Page was the main impetus

In the formation of LZ...cool @Dave1290

• Like 3

BOOM!  From Jimmy Page's public performance list prior to Led Zeppelin.  It was supposed to be two shows but because of the snow storm they only got one show in like at 4 or so. 

December 4 1966 Sun Lima, OH USA Springbrook Gardens Teen Club

Note: This date arranged independent of the Dick Clark Caravan of Stars tour

Note: Support from The Breakouts

Note: Two performances...2pm and 5pm

Never really had to nose before....  @rplace December 4th was also a Sunday and if you want to check the weather have at it!  lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I mentioned this before, but that has never stopped me in the past.

When I told a friend of mine about seeing the Byrds play in Grand Haven, he all but called me a liar.  “You saw America’s greatest rock and roll band at a roller rink in Grand Haven?”  Fortunately, an article from the Grand Haven Tribune corroborated my story,

https://www.grandhaventribune.com/opinion/blogs/idema-the-night-the-byrds-flew-into-town/article_66e5a45e-6630-5878-b03d-4fff2a059986.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@DizRotusGroups were everywhere back then and most of the guys "kinda" kept diary's for taxes and accountability, etc.  Everyone wanted to make a buck just like today.  Today it's MAJOR bucks.  Why document it?  They played because they loved playing. 

I was answering a question my youngest daughter posed to me a while back about a guy I knew.  I had some stuff he signed for me and she wanted to know if I had another thing of his that was VERY rare and worth major bucks, which got me to thinking.  So somehow I found a timeline for the him and members of the group he was in.   

Yea, he was there w/me that nite or I was with him after the show.  That nite a couple of the other guys turned in early cause the next day they were flying to Bermuda to look at a couple houses and that was right.  It said that the next day he flew back to NYC.   Seriously?  We were up all nite drinking a bottle or two of Cutty Sark.  When we sobered up enough we left the hotel and found a dive bar and continued to drink Cutty neat until people realized who he was.  Got a cab and hit another bar.  We must have hit 5-6 bars that day.  I've been totally trashed in my life before but NEVER a 24 hour drunk like that.  Taxi back to the hotel where I passed out in a chair. 

The moral to the story?  Kids today don't know squat about the value of anything and just cause someone says it's rare?  Seriously?  hahahaha

Yea, Imma gonna croak someday and you and your sister are going to get it all but come on kid.  Cherish the things that meant the most to me cause NO one else has it or ever will.  I laffed HARD at the "rarity" of the item too.  Kids!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Those are some handsome cables Bill. 

Thanks Chuck. I doubt they will sound any better than the wires that are in use now. I just wanted to spruce things up a bit, plus they have banana plugs. Not a big deal with the plugs either, as I don't switch out gear very often. I asked Santa for a new pre-amp and some mono blocks but I don't think he heard me, I think he's getting hard of hearing 😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

mornin' all

back to my routine. Awake at 4AM.

All wound up on Mexican coffee. Seems right. Had fresh, still warm from cooking, tamales with homemade hot sauce and Mexican hot chocolate for dinner last night .Mexican hot chocolate is different. First thing you notice is cinnamon. Then, when you try to drink it, you notice it has been thickened. Like pudding that didn't set up.

debating on going shopping. Still need to do any. The grocery is where I  NEED to go. Give a stuff about presents.... good food is a must.

House is decorated as much as I going with it. Try to keep it with kittens?!?

My sis posted a pic of her house lights on fb. Wife sez, "You should put a pic of ours". Don't wanna start a competition. I put 300ft  [1500lights] on the trees in the yard. Nothing too elaborate or organized. I wasn't about to go up on a ladder. Used my arm extension, a stick of pvc, and worked from the ground. Not so far to fall. Wind resistance isn't enough to slow my diminutive weight ... I still thump when I hit/land.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Wellllll, after gargling w/a lil diet cherry Pepsi I guess it's time to crack open a bag of coffee that came yesterday.  Thanks again for the heads up @rplace.  Now we GO!  It's gonna be Wake the Flock Up!  :)

IMG-20191220-185537564.jpg

I guess im getting old! I have drank 40 oz of coffee at least for as long as I can remember. And thats like a month! Ive been getting wired off of it lately. Can't sleep and acting like I just made a fresh batch of crank lol.  Blood pressure was getting high also. So ive cut back to 12 oz of good coffee and 20 oz of decaf.  Still using some good quality and taste is still  pretty good. I use a local roaster and their coffee is very good. Its the second day and im feeling better. I hate change but I guess it could be worse. This is what I drink if your wanting to try something different, I love their ethiopian coffee.

https://tjsroaster.com

• Like 3

@rplace was that over in your neck of the woods or?  Keep dreamin about the poster for now.  As I said, when I get there you'll have it.  That stuff will be the last to frame and go up in here when the rooms done.  Stay tuned.  You're paying for all the COA's (which I know would be the next thing) though cause I KNOW where they came from.   Good coffee though  :)  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

was that over in your neck of the woods or

What is that? The coffee company? I think it is in Madison, WI. Long-time friend of mine used to be part owner. He has since moved on. I keep buying the coffee. they actually supply the coffee that goes into New Glarus coffee Stout.

As for the COAs who cares...you know they are authentic that's all that matters. having a spontaneous moment like that is way better than standing in line for hours and paying somebody for their autograph, while somebody else takes the picture so you can post it on Instagram - LAME.

• Like 3

@rplace Was thinking you were in Ohio for some reason?  That venue in Lima, Ohio used to draw some pretty good groups but when I heard they were going to be there I was going.  Either with someone or by myself.  Maybe 500 max squeezed in there for each show but w/the snow that day they just did the one show.  Very few showed cause of the snowstorm.  I called the guy and asked if it was on about 1:30 and he said yes but they moved the time to 4.  It's 2 hours there on a 2 lane highway from here.  I had a Dodge Charger and the pedal was to the metal the entire way.  I couldn't see 50 yards in front of me.  Another stupid kid moment but I was going.  Period!  Think it took forever coming home and it didn't matter at all then.  School the next morning was a drag but I did it.  Trust me I've done a ton of crazy stuff in my life.  Just a lil slice of it.  Not concerned about diggin and boasting about what I did.  Just my life experiences.  Simple.  I give insanity new meaning around here w/the stuff I do!  Ha!

• Haha 2