Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Either moon pie quality went downhill alot or I just thought they were better when I was a kid. I remember my grandfather would always ask us if we wanted a moon pie, he kept chocolate , coconut or strawberry, coconut was my favorite back then, never seen one in years. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

* Didn't Nehi make the Orange Crush?

I have no idea but I do remember whatever flavor it was it tasted closer to the real thing than any other drink, like the peach.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd forgotten about the peach, we had it here too when you could feel the cars coming down the road!

As long as it wasn't grape or that d*mn cream soda I loved the pop when they finally let me have it at 5 or 6.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

Just remembered something my mother would do when I was a kid. She would heat up Dr Pepper and we would drink it like hot tea with a little lemon, I have no idea if was just her or a real thing back then ?

"or that d*mn cream soda "

Forgot about that I did like the cream soda, kind of reminded me of a sno-ball.

• Like 2

Had lemon in Pepsi before they were doing a trial taste test at Southpark Mall where I worked and it was near where the owners of Pepsi lived in the homes that were 6k + square feet in that area. Worked with their daughter for a while there.. can't remember her name.

Snow ball with vanilla extract and a little sugar? My mom did that for us back when it snowed a lot here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

} I shy away from beer(s) that require a slice of fruit to make it palatable I.e. Corona. Never have understood the allure of Corona - the biggest selling imported beer. And with this in mind, a factoid - roughly 30% of all lemons/limes imported into the country are used in a beverage — 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, richieb said:

} I shy away from beer(s) that require a slice of fruit to make it palatable I.e. Corona. Never have understood the allure of Corona - the biggest selling imported beer. And with this in mind, a factoid - roughly 30% of all lemons/limes imported into the country are used in a beverage — 

I read something from Jimmy Buffett one time....now I'm paraphrasing....he said he is not a very good musician but good at selling an idea.

It is the idea of the lifestyle on the beach that I believe Corona is good at selling. The beer sucks, but if I can dream of skipping my cell phone like a rock on the water, that is powerful stuff. I have lots of summer time guests at my house for various reasons. Lots of outdoor and water activities. Guess what beer everyone (especially women) want to drink poolside? I can throw out a cooler of great beer, Coors Light and Corona and 4 to 1 the Corona go missing. You need the lime because of the clear bottle. It is light, nothing else, that gives beer (hops) the skunky smell/taste. The lime hides it. Do a taste test some time between a 6-pack bottle that is well "light struck" and a canned corona. Big difference. I had a big schtick all worked up for Carl and Chuck liking it in the can, but I deleted it.:P

I think both Corona and JB have the same marketing team because Jimmy Buffett hocks Land Shark an equally bad beer, sold in a clear bottle. Try Pacifico if you need your light Mexican fix.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, dtel said:

She would heat up Dr Pepper and we would drink it like hot tea with a little lemon, I have no idea if was just her or a real thing back then ?

I remember them advertising doing that.

Blechhhh

I still have one foot above ground. or at least a few toes... Drank a qt of chicken broth for breakfast. Rested peacefully last night ... and woke up. The last part is important.

Wife found my SS card and birth certificate. She's gonna take a day off work to drive me to the MVD. I'm still weak as..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I remember them advertising doing that.

I had no idea, thanks.

8 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

.... and if any of them wanted a Corona, y'all would be in line to accommodate them

Yes I would.

Once in Mexico there was a stand set up with similar girls and they were selling Corona's, had to stop. 

• Haha 2

Hello All,

Got back from Peru last night. Good times, the beach, the food, the drinks and family. Bad times dealing with MIL on her death bed barring any miracles. Back to the old grind here at work. Onward.

Yes cocktails were consumed. Coffee also but no friggin' cables dealt with.

• Like 3

On 1/7/2020 at 7:11 PM, richieb said:

The lime is to disguise the flavor of the urine in that nasty sheet.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, babadono said:

The lime is to disguise the flavor of the urine in that nasty sheet.  

No kidding.  Land Shark is 10x what a Corona is.  Always asked people that drank it "did you ever try goat pis$, because I have to imagine it would taste about the same"

• Haha 2