Jump to content

Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails


Tarheel

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Hey all

Was digging thru my things and found an Eico 3070 Cortina amp. It's pretty rough. Worth cleaning up and being gone thru?

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/eico/3070.shtml

 

I believe the eico amps had pretty decent outpt tranformers, but it wil cost a fair amount to have it gone through to rebuild (needed considering its age and all). I would contact Craig at nosvalves.com just to get a ballpark idea. That would work nicely on your LS,

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks @Marvel   Prolly not worth the $$$ to resurrect. Should fix the fuse holder and plug it in... See if magic smoke escapes... 

 

Say it ain't so .... synthetic coffee.

I'll have to give that a miss, just on principle.

 

  Think I mentioned wife having AMD. Now, science says THC may slow its onset.Mushrooms being good for cluster/migraine headaches and depression... Maybe the hippies were on to something? We were just having fun.

  yeah yeah... I'm in a notch group.. Too young to be a hippy and too old to fall into yuppie.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chicory is a taste I haven't acquired, yet. The local roaster has some beans that were dried with the cherry on. Kinda reminds me of chicory. Rather expensive [for us]... as if it matters. I don't care for the taste.

 

... and I agree with the "may not"... When the fed made hemp/marijuana Schedule One, it seriously impeded any serious research into the plant.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Chicory is a taste I haven't acquired, yet. The local roaster has some beans that were dried with the cherry on. Kinda reminds me of chicory. Rather expensive [for us]... as if it matters. I don't care for the taste.

 

... and I agree with the "may not"... When the fed made hemp/marijuana Schedule One, it seriously impeded any serious research into the plant.

Are those beans dried 'naturally" like just in the sun without being washed? That's close to being the honey process where the shell is taken off but that's it, the mucilage is left on (like the brittle thin stuff around a roasted peanut).

 

That is terrific when started with good beans, got a 6 oz sample put in my last order of coffee and been on it for the last four days... will end tomorrow drat!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My bi-polar sister won tickets to the Super Bowl in New Orleans several years ago.  She is one of those people who regularly wins radio show contests.  When they ask recent winners to sit on their hands, they’re talking to her.

 

I made a brief attempt to suggest that she should consider selling the tickets, before I was reminded who I was talking to, so I told her to enjoy the game.

 

There is NO WAY I would lose an opportunity to exchange Super Bowl tickets for thousands of dollars.  Seeing a Super Bowl Live is not important to me.

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

My bi-polar sister won tickets to the Super Bowl in New Orleans several years ago.  She is one of those people who regularly wins radio show contests.  When they ask recent winners to sit on their hands, they’re talking to her.

 

I made a brief attempt to suggest that she should consider selling the tickets, before I was reminded who I was talking to, so I told her to enjoy the game.

 

There is NO WAY I would lose an opportunity to exchange Super Bowl tickets for thousands of dollars.  Seeing a Super Bowl Live is not important to me.

 

My dad had season tickets to the Rams back when they were in St. Louis and way back when they were good. Twice he won the drawing to get SuperBowl tickets. The first year it was in Atlanta and my brother has in-laws there so he went. The next year they were going again (the year the Patriots cheated) and that was in New Orleans. No one was willing to go, so I bought the tickets, sold them for enough money to cover the season tickets for the entire next year so my dad didn't have to come up with the cash. That was the last year he had tickets.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

I would positively sell the tickets, for one thing you can see what is really going on in the game much better on TV. Plus you could just about add on a new room with a new TV for the cost of flying, hotels parking and game tickets and other expenses. 

 

It would be an experience to see but not for me at that cost anyway.

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, dtel said:

I would positively sell the tickets, for one thing you can see what is really going on in the game much better on TV. Plus you could just about add on a new room with a new TV for the cost of flying, hotels parking and game tickets and other expenses. 

 

It would be an experience to see but not for me at that cost anyway.

 

 

Shouldn't you be clearing vines??????

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
48 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Shouldn't you be clearing vines??????

The last couple days was enough for a long time. H

Someone asked is this how you used to do it when you did landscaping, I looked at him crazy and said we would have never done this kind of job. I asked if we could dynamite or a flame thrower, both were refused. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Shouldn't you be clearing vines??????

Didn't know there were any pictures, had no idea it was even posted somewhere. Guess I should look around more, I miss way more than I read . Hope we looked busy :lol:       

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mornin' all

 

How's everyone?

We got ~ 0.5in rain yesterday. 2X what was predicted. No complaints

 

 The car should be done today ... after the kamikazi deer. Took them a while to get parts .  3 weeks. Over the holidays... Told wife to not expect things to happen very fast, gathering parts.  With things being closed and shipping overload.... They say it will be done tomorrow.

 

Now I am thinking of seeing what I can fit in it. I see some KLF20's in Phoenix. $400. In my price range. May be a deal or not. There are some RP600M's for about the same price... but what fun would that be? They will fit too easy. And they are a little on the pricey side [from my view].

 

Still gonna take the H/K to the shop. That will happen tomorrow or Friday, depending on when the car is done. I really do not think there is anything wrong with it... I need a baseline to work on this intermittent. Plus, the shop will have things I may want. Maybe an amp for the doghouse??? I'm still celebrating my b'day. Wife didn't get me anything fun ... an electric blanket. I'll use it... but it's not FUN.  I enjoy getting toys, still.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Now I am thinking of seeing what I can fit in it. I see some KLF20's in Phoenix. $400. In my price range. May be a deal or not. There are some RP600M's for about the same price... but what fun would that be? They will fit too easy. And they are a little on the pricey side [from my view].

 

That's a good question.  They are so new I haven't really seen any on the used market.  I'll track them because I own a pair of b-stock 600M's.

 

My rule of thumb for valuing a speaker new to the market is to take the street price and cut it in half.  The 600M's list for $650 (higher price due to China tariffs) and the current selling price (my guess) is around $550.  So maybe a used price of $275?  That sounds a little low for me considering the quality of sound you are buying.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Tarheel changed the title to Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...