Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

You never know, but your/his chances were about the same as a toaster falling out of an cargo airplane and landing safely in your back yard.

But If I ever win you can have ANY toaster you want, shipped overnight, but your chances are about the same or less since we rarely buy a ticket.  

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 11:36 AM, Tarheel said:

I just bought a lottery ticket for the $313 Mega Million.  When I win I will be buying the CC&C member who likes me the best a real nice toaster.  Convince me Gents!

I wish you  win  ------nest time 🥳

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, dtel said:

we rarely buy a ticket.  

here is a double winner -------in a matter of minutes ------that's like being hit by a plane and a bus at the same time -

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rplace said:

Panic! at the Disco. I just made my afternoon coffee and I'm out of expresso beans. :ohmy: Come on Atomic Coffee get that order delivered.

you should ordered sooner...

no covid coffee for you...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

The chances for me getting a toaster were the same no matter what the numbers were.

40 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

here is a cool toaster  TEFAL Toast 'n' Egg 'n' Beans Toaster ---for the Brits

And the odds of ‘Heel sending you this toaster are greater than his odds of winning the lottery - word has it his toasters shipped direct from Goodwill. Lightly used of course, only for Sunday brunch —

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, dtel said:

You never know, but your/his chances were about the same as a toaster falling out of an cargo airplane and landing safely in your back yard.

But If I ever win you can have ANY toaster you want, shipped overnight, but your chances are about the same or less since we rarely buy a ticket.  

Chuck @Tarheel already won the lottery..

he as L.F. ! and he cruises with the bubble down... with mini Jake on his lap...

• Haha 3

Het @dtel

Went around the block the other way this morning to see if I could get back on the blocked road there. Nope. Tree wasn't across the road, it covers the length of two or more yards and that intersection was complete with a fairly new Lexus suv up in the tree! I mean it must have been doing 30 to 50 like everyone else down the road when the tree came down and the wheels kept moving for a bit. Cabin was not crushed but the wheels were up in the air a foot. In a hurry wasted time on that and did not take a pic.

No one was working on it but there was a lot taken out yesterday. Guess the rain kept them away.

Speaking of rain, geeze we'll have trees coming down again, it's been sideways and a lot since lunch. Looked at the radar and there's Bertha getting close.... that explains the FL downpours all day. Center of circulation we might get to see in a few hours, won't be a big deal though at 30mph sustained. It's the rain that I hate/love, depending on the situation.

Glad this place is on high ground, we won't flood unless LaPalma breaks apart and goes into the ocean.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Tree wasn't across the road, it covers the length of two or more yards and that intersection was complete with a fairly new Lexus suv up in the tree! I mean it must have been doing 30 to 50 like everyone else down the road when the tree came down and the wheels kept moving for a bit. Cabin was not crushed but the wheels were up in the air a foot.

Bet they have stains on the seats, they were lucky.  :o

We have been having off and on rain for a couple days, today it hailed marble size pieces for 20 minutes, it's about the biggest we have seen here. Hopefully only rain and not to high winds from the storm up there, good thing it didn't strengthen when it was out in the ocean.

• Like 5

• Moderators
1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

Chuck @Tarheel already won the lottery..

he as L.F. ! and he cruises with the bubble down... with mini Jake on his lap...

True, old Tarheel is doing well, the LF seems very nice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Het @dtel

Went around the block the other way this morning to see if I could get back on the blocked road there. Nope. Tree wasn't across the road, it covers the length of two or more yards and that intersection was complete with a fairly new Lexus suv up in the tree! I mean it must have been doing 30 to 50 like everyone else down the road when the tree came down and the wheels kept moving for a bit. Cabin was not crushed but the wheels were up in the air a foot. In a hurry wasted time on that and did not take a pic.

No one was working on it but there was a lot taken out yesterday. Guess the rain kept them away.

Bored so I put the poncho on and walked down there. A good part of the foliage is gone. Whoever was in this vehicle has probably been in a little shock since last week

IMG-20200527-201706.jpg

IMG-20200527-201636.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Evening Gentlepeople

Nothing of note or mention happening today.

the routine

yard work

house work

relax.

there was mention of @Tarheel being fortunate

I will say that all of are. 

Most of us have Ferrari grade equipment wanting for a Lambo.  Fairly understanding spouses...or sig others.

Yeah... I call that doing OK

And @dirtmudd,

letting us see Gia growing up...

Solo parenting is a big job.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program

hold on

spot is buffering. .... worse than that --- zero bars

load my bowl and head toward the house...  Having bars does not equate to having internet. So, I may be off the air tonight.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2