Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, RandyH said:

you would like it

It does sound like fun, stay in during the heat and go out late in the evening and night. 

17 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

well if you ever make it to the azure islands ... tell my relatives that I said "hey."

We would show them a picture of you and ask if they claim you. 

15 minutes ago, RandyH said:

the closest I got was Gibraltar and the Malvinas

Well he wan't that far away, he looked but the Azure islands are small there hard to find, kind of reminds me of the Cayman islands, just a little peak of a mountain from under the ocean barely sticking out of the water. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I didn't notice that, I just typed the wrong one but was looking at a map where the Azore islands were, spell check is lighting it up right now saying it's wrong ? I had looked at the right one, off the coast of Portugal, well a good ways of the coast.

Tiny looking place in the big picture, taken from Google earth.. Ok first time I tried to get a pic from google earth, now I know how to do it. :emotion-21: 

azore.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dtel said:

the towels would come out like they were ironed, rough and stiff, you could almost fold one and it would stand up. 

There are a few thing I would put in the drier. Those and blue jeans.

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

if I want to see the crappy world, I'll look out my window. 

My sentiments exactly. Feel the same about watching dramas on tv.

...if I want for drama, all I have to do, is look out the window.

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

aluminum roof of a mobile home when it's 110 degrees outside?  Not only very bright; but very hot.  

We come off the roof snowblind

100 day of 90`+

Welcome to Tucson...c/p
While the area frequently logs more than 100 days of triple-digit heat annually, the record for the longest run of 100-degree days is 76, running from June 10-August 24, 1993. The second longest string drops to just 64 days, observed in 1989, from June 7 to August 9.May 14, 2019

I imagine these number are just average for Phoenix. I don't think Phoenix became a city until after A/C became readily available..

Mornin' All
Closing the house is an option today. Low 90's today. 55` now.

Fresh coffee this AM. First cup, even. Usually I have to dispose [drink or pour down the drain] of leftover. All I have on the docket is chasing wilting plants. I used a drip line for 2 years.... resulting in 2 crop failures in a row. I'm using "overage" from 3 years ago. Lucky it held up in dry storage.Some of it needed ageing... the rest got kinda "dry". Been considering getting a small freezer and vacuum packing gear.

wife made "tacos" last night.  Except we have flour tortillas. Told her that that isn't tacos... it's burritos.

• Like 3

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

While the area frequently logs more than 100 days of triple-digit heat annually, the record for the longest run of 100-degree days is 76, running from June 10-August 24, 1993. The second longest string drops to just 64 days, observed in 1989, from June 7 to August 9.May 14, 2019

I couldn't handle it, even with the low humidity.

I bet at times you could make jerky by just leaving it air out. 

• Haha 3

Morning grasshopper, dtel, and KROCK.  You like your sarong and I am comfortable in old hospital scrubs.  So comfy.  LF says I'm looking like an old Kenny Loggins with a months growth of facial hair and nearly four months without a hair cut.

She made blueberry and pecan pan cakes for me with crisp bacon.  LF had a smoothie.  I think I got the better end of the deal.  Now she's peeling Granny Smith apples for an apple crisp.  Not a low carb weekend for me. 

Nothing planned for the foreseeable future.........

• Like 5

I'm normally in t-shirts while at home. At work in jeans and short sleeved shirts with collars, flower prints, pretendinig I'm retired in the Philippines. I would wear t-shirts at work but am supposed to maintain some form or professionalism. 🤫

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

just looked at the time

and the volume knob

.... and thinking how long I've been out here

bet the neighbors are pleased as punch. At least it is good music

been listening to a pretty broad mix... Otis Redding to Stone Temple Pilots, throw in some funk and fusion

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So, it is gently raining out here in California, I am leaning out a window, elbows on the sill,  coffee cup in hand, enjoying the sight of little droplets falling from out of the sky, splashing into my cup.  The idea of drinking water fresh from the clouds appeals.   Anyone hear capture rain water for drinking? How safe is it? 

unnamed.jpg

• Like 4