Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

11 minutes ago, KROCK said:

Nothing like Brooklyn, N.Y water!!!!

Having lived in upstate New York for a time, they have many lake sized reservoirs of rain water catchments.    Water was great out of the tap there as well.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Having lived in upstate New York for a time, they have many lake sized reservoirs of rain water catchments.    Water was great out of the tap there as well.  

double on that -

16 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I saw a couple of threads locked -- is that what you mean?   If you could care less, you should.   Sorry couldn't resist that, it's a slow night after a rough day. 

I hit up one of them with what PWK kept under his lapel.

Opined later on of the construed ambience of perceived circumstances that some really toil to live for.

Then another thread prompted for a confession?

If they were asking about that thread that I got thumped over I might be possibly conceived to be naively at fault for shedding light on the religious fallacy.

Not sure what I just said.

Don't recall yesterdays musings either.

*Maybe ask Danny, he's been shadowing me for ten months now but has zero activity????????

5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

She made blueberry and pecan pan cakes for me with crisp bacon.  LF had a smoothie.  I think I got the better end of the deal.  Now she's peeling Granny Smith apples for an apple crisp.  Not a low carb weekend for me. 

Nothing planned for the foreseeable future.........

Pot of coffee?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

All this talk about water is making me thirsty......think I'll mix a slushie!  Hey Carl.........

Sup?  I may make one today also.  I have a bottle of Permafrost open.

Can't believe no one's ever heard of acid rain.  I've seen what it does to paint on a vehicle.  Not too keen to drink it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Chattanooga used to be 4th on bad air quality in the US. After '74 they started making changes but due to other things going on, all the foundries shut down. Air is really pretty good now. I think before that there was pkenty of acid rain here.

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

*Maybe ask Danny, he's been shadowing me for ten months now but has zero activity????????

does that mean you have a follower that doesn't post here? I can see how that could be creepy. Happened to me once. A brand new member started following me on the same day that they joined the forum. I set my profile not to allow followers (or at least I'm not told about it, so ignorance is bliss). 

maybe guys like us are just so darn likable. 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, dtel said:

I didn't notice that, I just typed the wrong one but was looking at a map where the Azore islands were, spell check is lighting it up right now saying it's wrong ? I had looked at the right one, off the coast of Portugal, well a good ways of the coast.

Tiny looking place in the big picture, taken from Google earth.. Ok first time I tried to get a pic from google earth, now I know how to do it. :emotion-21: 

azore.jpg

Just to the west of Pico (not named on the map) is the island of Faial. That is where my Grandfather was born and raised. He came to the USA at about age 21.

To the extreme West is the tiny island of Flores, the westernmost tip of Europe. That is where my Grandmother was born and raised. 

I still have relatives on Faial, not sure about the other islands. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I have seen extremes in my life ... hottest I recall has been 115 and the coldest minus 27.  (not on the same day). 

I remember years ago when I was living in the High Desert of California, they said on the news that we had something like 100 CONSECUTIVE days of 90+ degrees. 

I was living in Calgary in the late '60's when we had 40 consecutive days of -40 or colder.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3