Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

21 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Too bad it's the Covidiots that are exacerbating that problem.

We can agree to disagree and there are PM's for that. Moderators if you are going after things like bro because it is generating hostile feelings then be fair and stop all the things that are doing so on both sides. It's the deliberate gratuitous slaps in the face on the way by that rile people up as much as anything and some seem to get away with it and others don't and many forum readers have to ask why the double standard?  I would go further and say that by allowing a double standard to exist exacerbates the problem as it emboldens people to say more than they normally would because they think if so and so says it then I can too. Then so and so chimes in and off we go back and forth.

• Like 1

the astrologists will tell you that there are 5 planets in retrograde... and discourse will result.

No, I am not into that stuff. But, that is what they will say. How do I know this? I have friends that are. I'm not a CTer, either... but know it all the way to the Illuminati being lizard aliens. I have friends that are.

A month into our "rainy season" and it might get started...  70% chance of rain tomorrow. I expect it will be too humid to rain. All cloud and no action.

trying to keep my post light... pretty bummed at the prospect of the Lounge being shut down.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dave A said:

We can agree to disagree and there are PM's for that. Moderators if you are going after things like bro because it is generating hostile feelings then be fair and stop all the things that are doing so on both sides. It's the deliberate gratuitous slaps in the face on the way by that rile people up as much as anything and some seem to get away with it and others don't and many forum readers have to ask why the double standard?  I would go further and say that by allowing a double standard to exist exacerbates the problem as it emboldens people to say more than they normally would because they think if so and so says it then I can too. Then so and so chimes in and off we go back and forth.

Hey Bro, Flag them and we will see them, otherwise it is impossible to catch everything.

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

if you are going after things like bro because it is generating hostile feelings then be fair and stop all the things that are doing so on both sides.

1 minute ago, dwilawyer said:

Hey Bro, Flag them and we will see them, otherwise it is impossible to catch everything.

This is obviously an attempt at humor.  I get it, but when we joke about black beans it's not acceptable?

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

This is obviously an attempt at humor.  I get it, but when we joke about black beans it's not acceptable?

For the last time, we were not joking about black beans.  We were not joking about other bean varieties either.  It was an honest discussion of food.  Or was your motivation different, Carl?

Miami Subs down in FL did make a side of them that I could eat... there were lots of ingredients in their black beans!!

Oh, and Andouille sausage with those red beans... Wow, very good with creole or etouffee!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

For the last time, we were not joking about black beans.  We were not joking about other bean varieties either.  It was an honest discussion of food.  Or was your motivation different, Carl?

I called you racist for not liking black beans.  I was joking of course.

5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

there were lots of ingredients in their black beans!!

That's what I'm talking about.  It takes a ton of other flavors compared to great northern or pintos to make them enjoyable.  (Once you get west of ole man river, the bean of choice moves from the red to the pinto, and it's delightful earthy flavor.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

OK, well thanks for getting my posts taken down with yours.  The world has lost valuable bean advice.

The threat is always there when you respond to one of my jokes.  You can always start a thread titled "Black beans vs Great White Northerns". 

For those that don't get or appreciate my humor, let me be clear, the above was a joke.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

That's what I'm talking about.  It takes a ton of other flavors compared to great northern or pintos to make them enjoyable.  (Once you get west of ole man river, the bean of choice moves from the red to the pinto, and it's delightful earthy flavor.

There's only one brand of black beans I'll use.....smarter than all the rest.

Just now, JohnJ said:

And here in the southeast, blackeyes with a little ham in there when they cook all afternoon!

That's good too.  We typically buy canned refried beans for tacos and burritos.  Lately we've been buying refried black beans.  I actually prefer them over what we've gotten in the past.

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

And here in the southeast, blackeyes with a little ham in there when they cook all afternoon!

We do lots of blackeyes here too, but we call them peas.  Field peas can be done the same way and hold their texture better.

• Like 1