Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I shouldn't be hungry already!

It's only 9:30, and I had my 20 oz of coffee.

After a couple lbs of honey baked in here the last week I don't want any more. The buttermilk spoiled in that period when she was in the hosp. but I'll get more and mark my words... I'll have a pic of beans, greens & cornbread (must include ham or fatback... ugh no) up here before too long if I can ever get any of these lawyers to call me back to help me take care of business!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I called you racist for not liking black beans.  I was joking of course.

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

The threat is always there when you respond to one of my jokes.  You can always start a thread titled "Black beans vs Great White Northerns". 

For those that don't get or appreciate my humor, let me be clear, the above was a joke.

Foghorn Leghorn: I say, I say that's a joke, son | Funny signs ...

• Like 1

We eat a lot of beans at our house my wife being Peruvian and almost a vegetarian. I'll wager if I smashed up a serving of pinto beans and another of black beans so bean size could not be detected and put on a blindfold I would not be able to tell the diff as long as they had the same spices/salsas mixed in.

• Like 1

Made the trip to the Dr and back....

The A-10s are "saving" Moyza Ranch again today.  Think we missed most of the fun. Last week [on the Dr trip] we got buzzed. Almost like looking in the rear view mirror and see a KW grill. Treetop level.... and the trees aren't very tall.

Remember the scene in Jewel of the Nile, where they are escaping in a earthbound jet? Near that low. 

We won't be needing to make that run for a little while, I hope. Wife's eyes are healing up nicely.Wife was in the office for 25 min. I was about to get comfortable [nap] when she opened the car door and startled me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, babadono said:

We eat a lot of beans at our house my wife being Peruvian and almost a vegetarian. I'll wager if I smashed up a serving of pinto beans and another of black beans so bean size could not be detected and put on a blindfold I would not be able to tell the diff as long as they had the same spices/salsas mixed in.

Boy was eating hummus yesterday. Wife says she doesn't care for it. Told her that it is just refried beans made with garbonzos instead of pintos.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Boy was eating hummus yesterday. Wife says she doesn't care for it. Told her that it is just refried beans made with garbonzos instead of pintos.

I love hummus -- I've even made a hummus sandwich. it's good with a lot of things ... sliced cucumber included.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, babadono said:

We eat a lot of beans at our house my wife being Peruvian

Your wife must be a powerful influence ... I've never met her and I eat a lot of bean at my house. 

I don't know if I've met a bean that I didn't like. Pinto bean, black bean, red bean, white bean, sting bean, orson bean -- they're all good.

Useless trivia about myself:  I have never eaten a black-eyed pea.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, babadono said:

I'll have to put a bug in her ear.

Hate it when that happens ... this morning the song Happy Birthday has been on my mind.  Not the words; but the guitar chords.  I don't even know whose birthday it is. Maybe when I do my afternoon playing, I'll play happy birthday and see if it will then leave my system. 

couldn't be that my birthday is right around the corner ... those have never been happy days ... just regular old days. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Hate it when that happens ... this morning the song Happy Birthday has been on my mind.  Not the words; but the guitar chords.  I don't even know whose birthday it is. Maybe when I do my afternoon playing, I'll play happy birthday and see if it will then leave my system. 

couldn't be that my birthday is right around the corner ... those have never been happy days ... just regular old days. 

Feel free to think of my upcoming birthday - in February 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

Your wife must be a powerful influence ... I've never met her and I eat a lot of bean at my house. 

I don't know if I've met a bean that I didn't like. Pinto bean, black bean, red bean, white bean, sting bean, orson bean -- they're all good.

Useless trivia about myself:  I have never eaten a black-eyed pea.

You left out a couple of my favorites.

Guide to Beans from Green to Purple to Varieties

As far as black eyed peas go - you just have to punch regular peas in the face.

• Like 2

Been having some pain in my upper left molar area for a long while now. 

So, I found that I could download test results from my health record. So, I was reading the report from my CAT Scan last November when they were checking my hearing loss. Report mentions a suspected fractured molar on the left side.  I guess that explains the discomfort that I've been having.  Would have been nice for the doctor to mention it ... the report did suggest a dental evaluation. 

Can I sue the forum and all you guys for this?

• Haha 2