Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 minutes ago, Islander said:

Wow, Barkskins looks pretty intense.  It looks to be worth checking out.  Where would I be able to see it?  I used to watch Les Bougons.  That was a lot of fun.

the first 8 episodes for season 1 were released   on National Geographic  between May 25th and June 15th ,   phase 1 was last year , the budget went over the 60 million dollar mark ----which did not go very well  ,as the first year needed to build everything from scratch ---the clothes , the old villages etc

3 minutes ago, Islander said:

Yes.  I left there in 2001.  Traffic was bad then, but it's insane now.  It's like rush hour nearly 24 hours a day.  You can get things done in Toronto, and you can always get a job, but for me the scenery is lacking.  I missed the mountains of Ireland and Quebec.  No problem finding mountains out here.

yeah , it' true , you're in BC  ---you got there just in time before the boom  hit --it's a nature wonderland , 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

the first 8 episodes for season 1 were released   on National Geographic  between May 25th and June 15th ,   phase 1 was last year , the budget went over the 60 million dollar mark ----which did not go very well  ,as the first year needed to build everything from scratch ---the clothes , the old villages etc

That sounds like they'll be all ready for next year, with the setup costs already covered.

1 hour ago, Islander said:

That sounds like they'll be all ready for next year, with the setup costs already covered.

maybe next spring  ,or 2022 at the latest -  this social distancing does not go very well with camera angles -

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Islander said:

. . . the budget went over the 60 million dollar mark . . .

Is that about $37 US?  Perhaps you and @RandyH000 should get a room. 😉  

Actually, I find your Canadian banter interesting, but since Birmingham, MI is sort of suburban Windsor, Ontario, I probably don’t count.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Is that about $37 US?  Perhaps you and @randyh should get a room. 😉  

Actually, I find your Canadian banter interesting, but since Birmingham, MI is sort of suburban Windsor, Ontario, I probably don’t count.

it's kinda funny , Canadians call Windsor South Detroit  -

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I've never been to Canada.  Steve told me a lot of folks are eaten by bears there.

I used to canoe in the boundary waters (Minnessota/Canada). Such a beautiful area. Head north from Ely, MN, across into Canada.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I've never been to Canada.  Steve told me a lot of folks are eaten by bears there.

Hardly ever happens.  Less than once a week.  Seriously.  They do like to chase mountain bikers, to test their speed, apparently.  Or for a quick snack.  This bear may be thinking, "There's some food.  If I follow it, maybe it will lead me to some more food."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

American bears like people. too.  Sometimes they will follow a man walking..  Maybe they'd already had enough cardio for the day, and were leaving the bikers alone until tomorrow.  The comments on this video are pretty funny.

On 8/9/2020 at 11:16 PM, dtel said:

It snowed all night, and in the morning the friend from Indy who is use to snow said that's was a pretty good snow. Well it snowed all day until the next morning and we woke up and it looked like this. He was surprised, and we were for sure. It turned out the road to get out and everything around was covered and no way to get off the mountain for 3 days, we were snowed in, a first for us Southerners. This was the next day and the other pic is the driveway to get out the next morning.

We did have a great time, the grand kids sledded down the driveway it was plenty deep enough, couldn't drive on it for sure.

And the view from the porch.

christmas snow 2010 (75).JPG

christmas snow 2010 (64).JPG

christmas snow 2010 (221).JPG

On 8/9/2020 at 11:19 PM, Dave1290 said:

Snow's fun IF you're sitting around a fireplace!  Stompin around in it's fun then it's back in to the fireplace!   :)

You guys need to ride a snowmobile!

• Like 3