Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, richieb said:

Yep, living in KC vicinity is a far north as I told my wife would ever live. So yeah, we’re moving about thirty five miles south.

Although I don’t believe this puts me out of the cold and snow of winter — at least it’s in the right direction. It’s the grandkids I tell ya,

the grandkids holding us hostage. At least that’s what’s holding the wife, my heart is much colder than hers - 

wait till you have  great grand kids------you'll want to move back

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 5:22 PM, BigStewMan said:

I didn't grow up in a close knit household, sure we all loved other; but it's not like we all hung around with each other. five of us kids and we all had our own friends and rarely did our brothers or sisters tag along -- they did their own thing.

Me too, 7 kids here

• Like 3

We had thunder showers for like four hours in a row so I watched my team just about bow out of the playoffs then started moving records again, and cd's.

The F3s that have been in a 12 x 12 for three years are moving up the hall. Going in a 14 x 13.5 with a half wall on one side room.

IMG-20200815-183911.jpg

IMG-20200815-183756.jpg

Took pictures of the backside so I would get the cables correct without having to go to the attic and get the manuals out of the boxes. Those orange wires are the "control bus" wires that make the remotes and standby features work right. Maybe tonight I can play some again, probably have to level the tt again.

• Like 6

If it does? Course it will, if the pictures show both ends of the connection:D

Problem is I have two groups of records now

one from A - Z with new to me and some of my old LPs

other with A - T that was in the cabinet

I'll figure that out later.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

if the pictures show both ends of the connection

I do my connect / re-connect blindfolded with my hands tied behind my back....🍻

5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Problem is I have two groups of records now

I went digital, I just move the hard drive to the new location.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Being a simpleton, I'm glad that all I have is 2 speakers and a receiver.

This heat is getting oppressive.

Our temps prolly aren't getting us as bad as 99` in SanFrancisco. Those folks a dying. They wilt at 75`.

Our meager rains has cooled things off a little. It is still getting warm before it does rain. Late afternoon/early evening. Temps maxxes out and is already cooling [marginally] before the rain. 

Anyone surprised at the woman getting her butt stomped by the bison?

That is why the have a zoom function on most cameras... especially i-phone cameras.

casual observation of things...

might be a bunch of Harleys for sale soon.

I hope I'm wrong

• Like 4

Welllll, welllll, wellll, stand aside and let the big horse run!  Good job John!  It only took me 3 years to get my albums in order.  Now I'm outta room again.  I've got one more 6' section of that counter in the garage and I think it's gonna go above the other lagged into the wall studs.  Slap some spindles in a few choice places and pray it doesn't all cave at some point.  

Always nice when you can let that system breathe and crank those tunes up!  You got it workin!  Cut it loose!  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Welllll, welllll, wellll, stand aside and let the big horse run!  Good job John!  It only took me 3 years to get my albums in order.  Now I'm outta room again.  I've got one more 6' section of that counter in the garage and I think it's gonna go above the other lagged into the wall studs.  Slap some spindles in a few choice places and pray it doesn't all cave at some point.  

Always nice when you can let that system breathe and crank those tunes up!  You got it workin!  Cut it loose!  :)

Up and running, but not happy with that cabinet on the hard floor for the turntable. It's got these casters with a rubber ball about 2 inches in diameter under them and did well on a rug, but I've never tried it on wood. Tried these rubber things you put under furniture legs that were in the junk drawer to no avail. Don't have anymore sorbothane  and it wasn't thick anyhow made new feet for the phono pre-amp with it.

The records...  :huh2:    like you were a couple years ago. Thinking I'm at about five hundred covers now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

IMG-20200815-232751.jpg

Got to tell y'all, was talking with someone here recently about how my new iteration of stereo did not have the wattage umph that my old 1990s Yamaha did.

I was wrong. 

The rig set up in a room better sized for it and I'm blown away tonight Santana's Supernatural to see if I needed to fine tune the sub again, after some Tull, and then my gold cd copy of DSOTM up on half is so much better in the open on two sides 14 X 13.5 room.

Didn't know my F3s could do this!!

Time for my shot of EC single barrel!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Glad you boys brought the topic around to cables again😊  JohnJ I copied the photo of the back of your cabinet in case I have to move mine around😑

Your new room is the same size as LF's music room.  The one at my house is larger 16x22x9.  Truthfully my Spatial speakers sounded better in the bigger room.  If I was energetic I would take the new SVS sub, the Primaluna (because of the sub out) and hook them up to my Altec/LS at my house.  But that's a lot of work since I'm rarely there.  But I bet it would sound sweet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mornin' All

Starting out nice this AM... 70`

Accuweather sez a shower at 5AM... Think they're wrong this time. I was thoroughly surprised last time they called for a shower at 5. They were right, though it happened at 4:45AM.... at least we are getting a little rain. Tucson has gotten 0.73inches this "monsoon". We're doing better than that, but better isn't even close to normal.

It tried to rain last evening. We were just on the fringe. Outflow wind and heavy mist. It did cool off... thank you!

@Tarheel

How would one go about hooking a sub to an amp w/o a sub out?  This H/K has "jumpers" connecting the pre amp and and amp [I presume that's what they do] or is there a dongle that knocks the voltage down, and use the B speaker outs?

• Like 1