Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

6 hours ago, grasshopper said:

sad but true... I put a fresh belt on my tt and called it good,. It's 40 years+ old. It got a fresh cartridge before I went to HI. Left my stereo in HI and my old Kenwood [KA-3500], I left here, was stolen while I was in HI. So, the tt didn't get much thought until I bought this "new" equipment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may become a teacher's aid at the school. The other teacher died of a heart attack early this AM. She was relatively young - mid /late 50's..I'm still digesting that and worried about the stress on my wife.

told wife I will have my melt down later... takes a while for this kind of stuff to settle in on me...

First, sorry to hear of a much too young fatal heart attack for your wife’s do-worker. 
Now for you - so as a teachers aid and as you have described yourself - “long hair and sarong” - will you be addressed as Mr., Ms. Mrs. or just Mr. Grasshopper? Corona may have nothing on you when it comes to closing down a school -

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Off on a tangent------I like the rug. Is it wool?

Yes it is, don't buy `em unless they are. That was an overstock deal 999 rug for 399. Caramel one in my bedroom was at a home depot decorator store going out of business here fifteen years ago. Hardly buy anything unless it's a deal.  It's like I have to justify expenditures to myself since things got tight.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I may become a teacher's aid at the school. The other teacher died of a heart attack early this AM. She was relatively young - mid /late 50's..I'm still digesting that and worried about the stress on my wife.

sorry to hear that Bill.  When my sister was working at an ER, she told me that I'd be surprised how many people in their 30s come in from heart attacks.  I find death more difficult emotionally now than I did when I was younger. Saw a lot of death in my younger days -- hits me harder now. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

sorry to hear that Bill.  When my sister was working at an ER, she told me that I'd be surprised how many people in their 30s come in from heart attacks.  I find death more difficult emotionally now than I did when I was younger. Saw a lot of death in my younger days -- hits me harder now. 

I met my wife about 14 years ago, she was 33 years old and had never been to a funeral before, all her family are still around. I have a huge family, and she's been to probably 40 funerals since she met me. 

• Like 3

Raining in Chandler, Az. First rain in nearly four months. Quite refreshing.  The wind blew over my patio umbrellas, which were down. Lightening quite close, flickering the house lights. Hope I don't lose the Yankee game.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

Sir/Mr makes me feel old.  Bill will do fine....

Ok ,  Bill ---Hope all is well   -women don't say much ,  in times like this , bring your wife flowers  , a gift  , and do the dance if you have to  -bye now

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wife had a/nother follow up for her eyes...

I went to the grocery. The lady in the white pants wasn't there. Whew!!!

Wearing masks kinda takes the fun out of shopping... that and this social distancing thing. Can't see their smile thru the mask... but, the eyes don't lie. And yes, I did have fun with the ladies.

I even bought some groceries.

Stuff to make lasagna. .. my style. No meat. Lots of cheese and veggies. Zukes, onions, mushrooms, spinach, peppers, broccoli. Three cheeses. Parm, mozzarella and ricotta.  Been a while since I've made it.  I usually get a 9 X 13 and a 9 X 9 pan.  I'll put it together this evening... if it cools off early [rain] or tomorrow AM.

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

young kids are easy.... it's adults that give ya trouble 

I can deal with adults, or move on, but with kids your stuck with dealing with, they can get on your nerves. God knows I never tried to teach but just dealing with a grandkid was enough, persistent little suckers, they know it all and wear you down. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, dtel said:

persistent little suckers, they know it all and wear you down. 

the school doesn't have [many] teenagers.  K - 8. The young 'uns are a little scared of me.   They're kinda intimidated by my height. I'm a foot taller than anyone at the the place. The rest of the staff being female might make a diff, too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, grasshopper said:

the school doesn't have [many] teenagers.  K - 8. The young 'uns are a little scared of me.   They're kinda intimidated by my height. I'm a foot taller than anyone at the the place. The rest of the staff being female might make a diff, too.

Probably true.

I know you can't, and keep your job and no lawsuits,  but if they become a problem and don't want to listen, just tell them.

"You killed the last teacher by giving her a heart attack which killed her. They sent me, if you do the same to me it's only going to get progressive worse, next they will sen in the legendary desert Sasquatch, and you will not be able to kill that because it will probably eat you. And no for those wondering I am not the Sasquatch you little #^@. "  :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

getting old is really starting to suck.

over a week ago, I either cracked something or pulled a muscle.  something fell behind my bed and I was leaning over to try to get it ... all of my weight was on my chest as I leaned as far over the bed as I could. I have an adjustable bed and the head was raised and I'm too stupid to lower it and decided to reach harder. after a few moments, I felt a sharp pain--about arm pit height and above the nipple. it hurts more now than it did last week. I held in a sneeze this morning and the violent contracting of the muscles was painful and the pain isn't going away.

we just don't heal as fast as we used to. 

epilogue:  after the initial jolt of pain, I lowered the bed and picked up what I'd dropped pretty darn easily. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7

13 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Get a wizard hat on bring your staff, and read stories to `em!

They will love ya!

• Haha 3