Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Recommended Posts

Anyone in east Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas need some rain?

 

IR satellite picture 

20202391426_GOES16-ABI-gm-13-500x500.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Shiva said:

 Mousetrap Monday's

I like the electric traps.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dtel said:

Anyone in east Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas need some rain?

 

Yep, looks like we will get some rain; just how much varies depending on the projected path. As long as the storm doesn't move farther West our biggest potential problems are high winds, power outages, and their duration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Anyone here have mouse problems?  Mousetrap Monday's might be a good youtube channel to peruse, if so.

 

 

Been doing a variation of this trap for years. Couple inches of water in the bottom = bucket full of food for scavenngers by morning + a lot less varmints around the homestead.

Where I live the hardest part is keeping the bait(peanut butter) from melting, so most effective when it cools down a bit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Buck115 said:

Yep, looks like we will get some rain; just how much varies depending on the projected path. As long as the storm doesn't move farther West our biggest potential problems are high winds, power outages, and their duration.

Good luck Buck!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, babadono said:

Been doing a variation of this trap for years. Couple inches of water in the bottom = bucket full of food for scavenngers by morning + a lot less varmints around the homestead.

Where I live the hardest part is keeping the bait(peanut butter) from melting, so most effective when it cools down a bit.

Do they drown?  The posted video leaves out how he kills them.  I have a rat sized hav-a-heart trap but my wife wouldn't let me kill them so I would have to drive over 5 miles to relocate.  I thought hooking up the car exhaust was a better idea...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Do they drown?  The posted video leaves out how he kills them.  I have a rat sized hav-a-heart trap but my wife wouldn't let me kill them so I would have to drive over 5 miles to relocate.  I thought hooking up the car exhaust was a better idea...

My dad used to tell my mom that he "baptized" them. Squirrels were his area of expertise. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

My dad used to tell my mom that he "baptized" them. Squirrels were his area of expertise. 

is that why this guy lost his television show?

 

 

Unknown.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Do they drown?

no, they drink too much water:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

is that why this guy lost his television show?

 

 

Unknown.jpeg

Fortunately, he found religion right before he met his maker.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Fortunately, he found religion right before he met his maker.

Which one was that?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Which one was that?

Never got that far! I baptize you in the name of.........glug, glug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, babadono said:

no, they drink too much water:)

Rats can go up a drainpipe full of water for way longer than you might think.  How many inches are you talking about?  It's like pulling teeth from you guys sometimes.  FFS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never really measured it maybe 5 or 6" up in a 5 gallon bucket, of course they drown. This is field mice I'm talking about..still don't want 'em in garage or attic, they tear sheet up and make a mess. If a cat could survive the coyotes here, I'd have a cat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dtel said:

I like the electric traps.

I haven't noticed Mrs Dtel on here lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, babadono said:

. If a cat could survive the coyotes here, I'd have a cat.

 get a couple  Jack Russel Terriers  ---better than cats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

 get a couple  Jack Russel Terriers  ---better than cats

Funny you should mention them, been thinking the same, but ----- need property fenced before becoming a dog owner at this house. Not chasing my dogs all over you know where. I want to train them to hunt gophers as well. Or I should say even more so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Do they drown?  The posted video leaves out how he kills them.  I have a rat sized hav-a-heart trap but my wife wouldn't let me kill them so I would have to drive over 5 miles to relocate.  I thought hooking up the car exhaust was a better idea...


Had a few of the bastards in the garage every now and then. Good old fashioned mouse trap seems to keep them honest. Not the wimpy ones with balsa wood base, the plastic ones that after you trigger the kill bar keep your digits away. They pack a punch. I favor peanut butter as the lure, creamy or chunky don’t matter. They are dead at that point.

I like the car exhaust technique too, used this on a nest of raccoons I couldn’t reach in a window well under an overhang. Five three Chevy V8 did the trick. And a couple of ammonia soaked rags down the hatch didn’t hurt — nary a peep after that. 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, babadono said:

Funny you should mention them, been thinking the same, but ----- need property fenced before becoming a dog owner at this house. Not chasing my dogs all over you know where. I want to train them to hunt gophers as well. Or I should say even more so.


To hell with dogs for gopher hunting. Call Bill Murray —

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...