Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, billybob said:

One like this stock photo my last. Had it for a year or more I think. Only took it to 90 mph. Siver Wing GL500. Sold it for what had in it. Buyer's son wanted to stripmodify to Bob tail racer

nice bike , seems fitting with The Man himself -

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Islander said:

One of the issues with those setups was that the compression ratio was a bit high for an engine with a turbocharger.  As a result, detonation was a big problem.

RC Engineering  had a catalogue for Turbo bikes and the Z1RTC -

/ pop of valve / air to air intercooler/ Lower compression  piston kits /  turbos /hoses , etc , and even fuel injection systems -

https://www.rcfuelinjection.com/

4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I learned in a '63 Ford Country Sedan station wagon. 352ci, 2 speed auto, power steering

WHOA!  Did you have the full Vista Cruiser package too???  hahahaha  Those swats from up front came outta nowhere didn't they?  :)

Remembered hearing about this one when I was a kid growing up in Ohio.  Thought the guy was nuts but guess not cause that thing is STILL around I guess.  Sold @ auction in May of this year.  1 OF 1 and insane it is!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-ford-country-squire/

4 hours ago, MookieStl said:

First car I owned by myself was a 72 Cutlass! Ended up with two by the early 80's (one hard top, one convertible)  Loved those cars.

Shared a 71 Satellite Sebring (340) with my older brother prior to that. Didn't last long.

I don't know if I could share a car, especially with one of my brothers, they were all older.

3 hours ago, billybob said:

One like this stock photo my last. Had it for a year or more I think. Only took it to 90 mph. Siver Wing GL500. Sold it for what had in it. Buyer's son wanted to stripmodify to Bob tail racer:

honda gl 500 silverwing 81 02.jpg

Baby Wing, pretty solid bike. They had a Turbo non touring version of this bike, and it's 650cc brother. Those 650 Turbos are hard to find.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I don't know if I could share a car, especially with one of my brothers, they were all older.

Baby Wing, pretty solid bike. They had a Turbo non touring version of this bike, and it's 650cc brother. Those 650 Turbos are hard to find.

Yes that's what heard it called. There is a technical word for the engine with the angle of the cylinder heads. It wanted to go faster but needed a new steering bearing so cornering was overcorrecting.

Bought it on a whim while looking for something like a VFR 750 or 500 Honda. Got stuck on a Honda 800 Pacifica but like the others, not quick enough to beat others to them.

Read about the 650 version w/ turbo, would have been nice. Recall it may not have been article ulated(?) Engine like mine.

Was looking for a work bike transportation.

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

WHOA!  Did you have the full Vista Cruiser package too???  hahahaha  Those swats from up front came outta nowhere didn't they?  :)

Remembered hearing about this one when I was a kid growing up in Ohio.  Thought the guy was nuts but guess not cause that thing is STILL around I guess.  Sold @ auction in May of this year.  1 OF 1 and insane it is!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-ford-country-squire/

I did own a '67 Buick Vista Cruiser style wagon.  Had a 340ci 10.25:1 factory motor.  Had to get rid of it. It seemed to have a target painted on it. Got hit twice while it was parked. Once in the middle of a 90 acre pasture.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Serious

it was a Buick Sport Wagon

Senior moment prevented me from spitting out the model earlier

seems the motor was rated at 365hp

A friend wanted to give me her old Buick wagon.... it had a 455ci motor. I politely declined. It took 1/2 gal of fuel to just light it up....

the most fun car I had was a '71 Datsun 510.  That little car was just fun. Not a hot rod. Did have fully independent suspension and limited slip diff.  Was their sports car with a sedan body... and minus one carb.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

the most fun car I had was a '71 Datsun 510.  That little car was just fun. Not a hot rod. Did have fully independent suspension and limited slip diff.  Was their sports car with a sedan body... and minus one carb.

The most fun car i had was a 69 Datsun 2000, 120ci 135 hp, 5 speed convertible.

• Like 3

Good pics the last few days here.

Looks like Bike Week at the CC&C!

Certainly am glad that that great 84 I had wasn't boxy like all the good street bikes in the 70 seemed to be, I'd forgotten how much so.

Week 9 is up for College Football.

Getting in gear right now!

Y'all be Well & Safe if you venture out tonight!

PXL-20201031-131226715.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, billybob said:

Yes that's what heard it called. There is a technical word for the engine with the angle of the cylinder heads. It wanted to go faster but needed a new steering bearing so cornering was overcorrecting.

Bought it on a whim while looking for something like a VFR 750 or 500 Honda. Got stuck on a Honda 800 Pacifica but like the others, not quick enough to beat others to them.

Read about the 650 version w/ turbo, would have been nice. Recall it may not have been article ulated(?) Engine like mine.

Was looking for a work bike transportation.

Thanks!

I believe they were call longitudinal V-twins.

• Like 2