Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

ask for a snow shovel down here... all you will get is a funny look

I must not be doing my Italian food right. Though I did peg over 125lb last Dr visit.  That was dressed light, too  I might swell up to regular clothing....

There some Italian in my family... Montrello, Spinazola.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mornin' All

We have an extended Halloween observation down here.

Dia de los Muertos

Day of the dead//// it goes for a couple days after Halloween

Time to honor/remember friends/family who have passed.

I rather like this holiday

no parade this year Generally a fun time

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think many of us have the capacity to be very civil before we have had our coffee rations

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@grasshopper ......we also have three national  holidays in Germany that are celebrated in November.

All Saints' Day

The origin of the worship of saints can be traced back to the cult of martyrs. Martyrs, special people, church teachers and bishops were venerated. Pope Gregory IV ordered a feast for all saints in the 9th century, as it was impossible to assign a separate day to each saint. In the course of time a real cult of saints developed. Today, however, the original meaning of the festival is celebrated, namely to commemorate exemplary people.

All Souls' Day

On All Souls' Day the Catholics remember the deceased relatives. The festival can be traced back to an abbot of the Cluny monastery, who in 998 ordered a "deceased memorial day" for the deceased of the associated monasteries. To All Souls' Day belongs the custom that graves are decorated and consecrated by the priests. In addition, lanterns are set up, because an old folk belief says that in those days the souls of the deceased return to earth to find their resting place.

Day of penance and prayer

Reflection, critical life balance and reorientation are the focus of Protestant services on the Day of Repentance and Prayer. The day of remembrance is celebrated on the first Wednesday after the day of national mourning. The Day of Repentance and Prayer in Germany is a holiday of the Protestant Church that dates back to times of need. In the course of history, days of penance and prayer have repeatedly been scheduled for current events. In the face of emergencies and dangers, the entire population was called to repentance and prayer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Mornin' All

We have an extended Halloween observation down here.

Dia de los Muertos

Day of the dead//// it goes for a couple days after Halloween

Time to honor/remember friends/family who have passed.

I rather like this holiday

no parade this year Generally a fun time

You should watch the Pixar movie "Coco". Hilarious, yet respectful of the day. It is a great animated movie.

• Like 4