Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

54 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

you are thinking like it's '89...

... old behaviors still linger.

Growing up with film cameras, where every picture costs money, digital photography was tough to embrace at first.

No waiting for the perfect shot and endless shutter clicks.

I still have friends and family that only take one picture at a time on their phones, lol

• Like 3

5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

a fat 6ft plant will make about a pound

also, not all varieties will leave you stupid and lazy

don't ask how I know

How do you know?  Asking for a fat, stupid, lazy, pathetically worthless friend?

I was a good boy today.  A lil rain last nite and a sunny high of 52 so I hit 4 of 7 yards here in the hood w/the largest Cub Cadet lawn sweeper they make.  Round and round we go!  Wheeeeeee, not a wave or a thank you from any of these dime store millionaires around here.  Two of them were out in their garages too. Amazing!  I wanna just be DONE w/it but I'll get them ALL if the wind blows before the city boys suck em up.  Sucks to be me this time of the year.  Remember how leaves burning used to smell???  Wait, did I say that?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I hope we do get freezing weather soon, but alas mid to high 70s lows in the mid 60s the rest of the week and the leaves will keep on falling a little at a time. Less than 48 hours from cutting the grass and vacuuming the drives with the lawnmower this is what I saw pulling up a half hour ago.

PXL-20201111-152001916.jpg

PXL-20201111-152011827.jpg

Not as bad as was when all the trees were still here, but I understand what @Dave1290 goes through. The next road over has a lot of big oaks and it does get knee deep at the roadside before they bag`em.

this should help

Laubentsorgung: Wenn im Herbst die Blätter fallen...

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

• Moderators
7 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Not as bad as was when all the trees were still here, but I understand what @Dave1290 goes through. The next road over has a lot of big oaks and it does get knee deep at the roadside before they bag`em.

Put them under plants and around the trees to decompose, they will thank you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, geoff. said:

digital photography was tough to embrace at first

I love digital cameras.

When my camera is in operation, I take tons of pictures and get  one or two photographs from them.

The manipulations you can do with the computer are great, especially the cropping ability.  Skewing the coloration can be fun, too. The basic stuff like adjustment of brightness is helpful.

I considered getting a eye-phone for the camera until I found that it won't function as a stand alone camera...  or am I wrong?  I have an "old" Fuji SL1000[?] digital camera.. it does the job for stills. Vids aren't its forte.... by a long shot. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, grasshopper said:

not all varieties will leave you stupid and lazy

But they will all make you want to go turn on some music and sit back.

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

How do you know?  Asking for a fat, stupid, lazy, pathetically worthless friend?

Well some of us has been involved in a clinical (or not) study for 40+ years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

^^I second that one @CECAA850.

Might have found my issue today, appears something was off in my September bloodwork. Nice to find out about it two months later!

Thyroid issue suspected, order put in for the next time 12/1 I get the draw done. There is hyper and hypo thyroidism. Hypo can make you tired, and can be caused by things like say six weeks of radiation in early `17 for that super weird skin cancer that travels through your nervous system. Arrrggghhh. It was targeted to my neck... right next to the thyroid thingy darnit. Yea blood work will say but the hypothesis is easy with searching for issues and knowledge of patient (me). The thing with finding out late stinks but he is a Dr. that I otherwise have zero issue with. That is good, and the gen MD finds my complications interesting in a Dr. House kind of way.

So worry about this??  He*l No! That wouldn't do any good. Try to eat good any maybe, just maybe start exercising like I tried once already this year and I've got another 30 years in me I'm sure. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, dtel said:

Put them under plants and around the trees to decompose, they will thank you.

Been doing that since there were four dozen pine trees around the perimeter.... early 70s with a freaking awesome Craftsman Eager One Magnesium lawn mower!! 

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Been doing that since there were four dozen pine trees around the perimeter.... early 70s with a freaking awesome Craftsman Eager One lawn mower!! 

Years ago we would drive the truck in neighborhoods on the right days and pick up already bagged leaves at the curb. We could load a 20' gooseneck trailer in 20 minutes, people would clean the yard on the weekend then go to the store and buy mulch to put around there trees and plants. We skipped the buying part and got much more mulch.

If you go into the woods and dig a little you will find the best soil around, years of decomposed leaves and branches are naturally feeding the plants, you can't beat mother nature. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

like say six weeks of radiation

ya think?

if my memory serves me, they give radioactive iodine to kill your thyroid.

Drs seems to be very slow to diagnose thyroidisms....

Runs in my fam....tbh, I really believe it was the water...

[2 of my nieces have MS... same water]

they tell me thyroid is normal. Checked it every 6mo when I was a kid

... but I am/was 6'2" and never weighed more 142lb.

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

And you know what you're talking about Eldon, found that out decades ago myself, the black dirt where the perimeter is is completely different that the red clay everywhere else here!! 

Everybody gets lucky sometimes.

• Like 4

On 11/9/2020 at 3:23 PM, dtel said:

Glad to be back home, got back in time last night to watch Tom Brady get his butt kicked. :emotion-21:

We got the sanding done on 4 rooms, Oak hardwood. Going back before the end of the year to apply the finish, we ran out of time with 3 days of sanding, 1250 sf was sanded.    

were  you  down at the Klipsch museum building renovation ?

• Like 2