Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

9 hours ago, JohnJ said:

It was about `89 last time I bought any. My contacts are all gone now so no chance at it either for me!

Here you just go to the corner store.  There seem to be more pot shops here than Starbucks nowadays.  Sometimes they have sales.  Last summer there was a BoGo sale on black hash.  Buy a small container of it, get a second one for free!  If you’re not sure which variety of pot you want, your “budtender” is happy to advise you.  Welcome to the 21st Century!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, dtel said:

But they will all make you want to go turn on some music and sit back.

Well some of us has been involved in a clinical (or not) study for 40+ years.

Back in the Seventies, you could tell who the stoners were by the size of their speakers.  Hmm, maybe nothing has changed...

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Livin' the Life Eh?

& you can go downtown and buy Meindel Perfekts there.

Take Off & we love Bob & Doug McKenzie down here too!

Actually, I lost interest in it years ago, but I remember the feelings and sensations, plus with the stage my stereo has reached now, it finally sounds as good straight as the crappy little stereos we used to have sounded when stoned.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

were  you  down at the Klipsch museum building renovation ?

Yes but this time for one thing only, floors, but we never finished. We spent 3 day sanding and never got to the finish, the fun part. But the better it was sanded the better it will look, except for a few stained spots it will look good, especially for 99 years old.

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

He is one of the regulars when that stuff happens Randy, can't speak for him though.

Whenever we can, but it's been myself, Craig and Jim, if Jim is not doing other museum things. This time Miss Karen helped each day, she worked and retired in the plant with Klipsch. She vacuumed with a shop vac  1250sf  probably 6-8 times among other things.

We do it for 2 reasons, First, we get to be with some people we have fun with even working, Second, to do what we can to preserve PWK's history, it's worth preserving. 

There is an amazing amount of documentation going back to when PWK was in college, and many one of a kind display pieces.  When it all gets sorted out and setup it will be a very nice history of PWK, Klipsch and audio in general.

museum (3).jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

what's going on with the older museum building , was  is  just too small-

Way to small, it is in great shape but it is packed in there and just most of the same stuff that's been in there for years.

There are other speakers and 99% of the records, documentation, old posters as in in every poster Klipsch made for advertisement or to hang on a wall. About everything  Klipsch and PWK used or printed is there, down to PWK's personal bank records going back to college. I think it was like 12-13 pallets that just came from Indy.

His last and main personal office was in Hope. When we moved it across the street to the original building there were many boxes and about 15 file cabinets. There was an 18 wheeler closed in trailer filled with old wooden horns, drivers and a little bit of alot of stuff. The trailer was in the factories back yard so we towed it to the back/side yard of the original building across the street, removed the stuck door, built a wall with a door and added steps. It's inventoried and refilled, it's almost free dry storage. 

Like the song it's been a long strange trip.

museum (10).jpg

museum (13).jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Almost forgot, we would like to have some listening rooms, they may have other things in the room but will have a properly set up systems in a few rooms with different models, Klipsch and others have donated speakers for this. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

I think you want to be the seat

nah... I'd like to be her Daisy Dukes

-------------------------------

the joy of being a home owner,

"Honey, the kitchen sink won't drain"

Oh thanks... just what I wanted to do. Tried blowing it out with the garden hose.... No go...Waiting to see if chemicals will work.

fortunately, the bathroom is usable. Washing dishes in the shower.

Are we having fun yet?

May need to call a plumber

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, dtel said:

Yes but this time for one thing only, floors, but we never finished. We spent 3 day sanding and never got to the finish, the fun part. But the better it was sanded the better it will look, except for a few stained spots it will look good, especially for 99 years old.

Whenever we can, but it's been myself, Craig and Jim, if Jim is not doing other museum things. This time Miss Karen helped each day, she worked and retired in the plant with Klipsch. She vacuumed with a shop vac  1250sf  probably 6-8 times among other things.

We do it for 2 reasons, First, we get to be with some people we have fun with even working, Second, to do what we can to preserve PWK's history, it's worth preserving. 

There is an amazing amount of documentation going back to when PWK was in college, and many one of a kind display pieces.  When it all gets sorted out and setup it will be a very nice history of PWK, Klipsch and audio in general.

museum (3).jpg

where's the edges ?

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

where's the edges ?

Edges ? We took off the shoe moulding to get to the edge. We had another sander that did edges and finished low spots with belt sanders after doing all we could with the bigger machines. The was edge sander was hand held but big and heavy, about 50 pounds and it had to be wrestled around especially when running, better hold on with 2 hands, it had about a 8" round pad a big motor and two handles, it was no fun at all. 

On both the edge sander and the one in the pic we used from 20 grit, then 50, 80 and finished with 100. That was the first pass with 80 grit and then moved down to coarse grit when we realized it would take forever to get down do to the last boards that were barely being touched.  

Being 99 years old we figured we had plenty of wood thickness to play with, probably 3/4'' or more, and the wood aged and was very hard.

I know the colors are kind of funky, but they wanted original colors from 1920, heard to believe those were the popular colors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hope if you're in the southeast that you're on high ground. & if you are you know what I'm talking about, the remnants went through FL 600 plus miles away from here.

Darn, ya know when you can hear the roar of the rain pounding the roof that it's hard even when it's dark out... (Neighbors must have quit affording the streetlight in their back yard) but from ten last night until almost eleven today it did not let up one bit.

Gutter at the corner was clogged at the house north of here, and it's strange but the water goes north-east up the road on my block like the Nile does. Put my poncho and pressure washing boots on and went and fixed it. I filled a 32 gallon trash can four times with that heavy mix of wet leaves and pine needles in the drive then three times at the curb, dropped my clothes at the washer/dryer at the back door and cleaned up. Still achy from the flu shot but it did not hit me bad this year. 

Second Coffee is in order today!

15 hours ago, dtel said:

museum (3).jpg

White with pink trim? I'm gonna need more drugs:)

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

nah... I'd like to be her Daisy Dukes

-------------------------------

the joy of being a home owner,

"Honey, the kitchen sink won't drain"

Oh thanks... just what I wanted to do. Tried blowing it out with the garden hose.... No go...Waiting to see if chemicals will work.

fortunately, the bathroom is usable. Washing dishes in the shower.

Are we having fun yet?

May need to call a plumber

Cut to the quick...remove the trap and clean out the obstruction(s)

• Like 2