Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

10 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Another neighbor passed - a week ago now. Somehow we ended up with 3 kittens he had. We can't take them back to the person he got them from.... she passed a week earlier. They're raising hell. One nice thing about 2 [or more] kittens at a time... they kinda entertain each other - until one gets a bad idea and the other two join the fun...

Friday 13...oh

Another day in the hood

DUDE!!!!!

Get those cats outta there! & fast

They're killers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

@dtel those colors are period spot on.  The way it was back then.  Rice is hated more than Charmin by most of the plumber/snake dudes.  It NEVER disintegrates.  Just lays there forever it seems.  lol  Some of those blowbags can be fun!  Just pricey when you want to get rid of them.  😂  😂  :)

We are super careful with the rice, but we obviously cook a lot of it. Still... it will still sneak down the drain and settle out. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Marvel said:

We are super careful with the rice, but we obviously cook a lot of it. Still... it will still sneak down the drain and settle out. 

I never knew that about rice, what is you two's favorite rice. We like Jasmine, usually buy it in 25 pound bags, it stores well.

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Jasmine is ok.

But for a side all by itself?

With basic everyday American food?

Basmati.

Tried Basmati didn't quite have as much flavor as Jasmine, but it could have been the brand ?

It seems whatever I make rice to go with I always seem to have a bowl by itself, sometimes with just butter sometimes with a little seasoning and olive oil.

• Like 3

Thai jasmine here as the go to.  Texmati, not generic basmati also.  Every now and then we make bamBoom, which is bamboo extract infused.  Something different.  It is short grain however, and we prefer long grain over the ubiquitous Hawaiian eaten Calrose short grain from California.  

R

5 hours ago, dtel said:

I never knew that about rice, what is you two's favorite rice. We like Jasmine, usually buy it in 25 pound bags, it stores well.

We have a couple different ones we get, and 25 lbs at a time as well.

20190203_212651.jpg

• Like 3

I think it is all the same...But the brand names are fun.  There is an asian grocery in Hono that we go to.  Run by an ancient lady

, reminds us of our former landlord.  The thing is, it is the only place to get Mae Kroa oyster sauce even in Hono.  The best oyster sauce on the planet folks.  No msg, and flavor is spot on.  You will find it online, but it won't be cheap.  It is cheap though in person.  I can be a conduit if demand is there and I insist this is the best oyster sauce in the world.  Hopefully you can get it locally.  Because shipping costs, you know.

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Jasmine is ok.

But for a side all by itself?

With basic everyday American food?

Basmati.

we buy basmati, too.   in 20lb bags.  Wife likes the burlap bags... She likes them, but I don't see her using them for anything.... but she saves the anyway

Speaking of bulk buys.... I hit the bottom of the 40kilo bag of flour. We have about 50lb in canisters... but still. I thought is was gonna be way longer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We used to buy 5 gallon containers of wheat and grind it fresh for the day we baked bread. Wife and kids would bake four loaves... by the time I got home from work at least one loaf was already gone. Couldn't blame them... fresh out of the oven with butter. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dtel said:

Tried Basmati didn't quite have as much flavor as Jasmine, but it could have been the brand ?

It seems whatever I make rice to go with I always seem to have a bowl by itself, sometimes with just butter sometimes with a little seasoning and olive oil.

this is the closest thing you get to rice !

•  
    •  
  1.  Rolling
  2.  Papers
zig-zag-yellow-rice-papers-one-colour-image-1-8549.jpg
zig-zag-yellow-rice-papers-one-colour-image-2-8549.jpg
zig-zag-yellow-rice-papers-one-colour-image-3-8549.jpg
zig-zag-yellow-rice-papers-one-colour-image-1-8549.jpg
zig-zag-yellow-rice-papers-one-colour-image-2-8549.jpg
zig-zag-yellow-rice-papers-one-colour-image-3-8549.jpg

Zig-Zag Yellow Rice Papers

0 Reviews
$1.00
Colour One Colour
  • One Colour
Size Regular
  • REGULAR
ADD TO CART
ico-external.svg

Check stock in store     Shipping & Returns

Product Details

• THE BASICS

The classic roll-your-own paper. The classic smoker's paper, Zig-Zag Rice in the yellow booklet. Made from rice and perfect for roll-your-owns. 100pc per booklet.

• Haha 6